Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Here is a debloated version of EP1Q for your flashing pleasure. I put it together fairly quickly, so hopefully there aren't issues with it. The small amount of testing that was done seemed to go well, so hopefully people don't find a ton of issues with this. This is the stock EP1Q that I just posted, minus a bunch of the useless apps that are included. I think I removed them all, at least what I could remove and not cause problems. This also has the AOSP lockscreen, should remove the full charge notification, and the browser bookmarks have been cleaned up. The desk clock was replaced with the AOSP desk clock, and AOSP messaging has come along as well. Any apps you can find in the market (Gmail, YouTube, Maps, etc.) are not included, download them from the market if you want them. This also includes my hacked kernel, and everything is in CWM format for your flashing pleasure. If you have any issues, let me know. Also, the boot/shutdown sounds were removed as well.

Features
CMWallpapers
Ad-Block Host file
Custom gps.conf file
Bookmark-sanitized Browser.apk
AOSP Desk Clock
AOSP Messaging
AOSP Music
App Widget Picker
AOSP Lockscreen
Disabled full charge notification (I think)
AOSP GB Keyboard
Busybox
GB Shutdown animation

Instructions
  1. Be on a Froyo ROM with a Voodoo Lagfix kernel and lagfix activated
  2. Download the ROM and transfer it to your SD Card
  3. Reboot into Recovery
  4. Flash the ROM in CWM
  5. Wipe Data/Factory Reset from Recovery
  6. Restart your phone and enjoy EXT4

·
Average Android
334 Posts
Thanks for this. So this is still Froyo based huh? The modem on another EE4 based rom was way better than stock EE4 modem for me. It solved all the odd behaviour with switching and dropping signal. Boosted my 4G signal indoors as well.

·
Android Addict
310 Posts
Thank you nutso!! I'm on a custom froyo build running imo's 13.3 with the ep1q modems. I will flash this as soon as I get home and let you know if I find any issues. You rock.

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
neyenlives said:
Thanks for this. So this is still Froyo based huh? The modem on another EE4 based rom was way better than stock EE4 modem for me. It solved all the odd behaviour with switching and dropping signal. Boosted my 4G signal indoors as well.
No, this is Gingerbread. You need to start on a froyo rom w/ voodoo lagfix enabled to flash this. It also doesn't contain the modem.

·
Average Android
301 Posts
Imnuts,

Instead of being on a froyo rom with Lagfix activated, can I just use the ext4 converter (regardless of what rom I was on), flash your Rom and included kernel, and then clear cache/factory reset and reboot? Would this work?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
I'm having some problems with root on both the debloated and deodexed ROMS. I flashed onto Gummy FE using Odin and verified voodoo was on after boot. Then wiped data/cache in CW and installed the zip. Came back up, was able to verify EXT4 was active via adb, however saw superuser wasn't installed. After installing superuser, I still couldn't obtain root for titanium backup, busybox installer, or using the su command in terminal emulator.

Is anyone else having this issue or did I miss something in my installation?

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of the testers noticed this just after I posted. Can you try downloading the kernel I posted and flash that and see if it works? I made a small change to the root process in the kernel, so hopefully, it works.

Sent from my DROID Charge

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
imnuts said:
One of the testers noticed this just after I posted. Can you try downloading the kernel I posted and flash that and see if it works? I made a small change to the root process in the kernel, so hopefully, it works.

Sent from my DROID Charge
Odin'd the kernel and I have root now. Thanks a lot imnuts

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
I lost root after flashing this, and after ODIN'ing the kernel again, the key combination to get into CWM is no longer working.

·
Android Fanatic
195 Posts
hey imnuts noticed the stock browser doesn't scroll, kinda moves in blocks or chunks... kinda hard to describe but yeah otherwise works fine and I love the AOSP goodies :android-smile:

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
For some reason when I boot into recovery and select Voodoo, it says its disabled and when I select enable, it still says disabled. Im on the GC1.9.1FE so im not sure what the problem is. Can I flash this anyway or does voodoo lagfix have to be enabled?

·
Average Android
96 Posts
bryceg33 said:
For some reason when I boot into recovery and select Voodoo, it says its disabled and when I select enable, it still says disabled. Im on the GC1.9.1FE so im not sure what the problem is. Can I flash this anyway or does voodoo lagfix have to be enabled?
Download Voodoo Control in the market and see what it tells you. CWM has never worked for me regarding anything voodoo related.

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
anoninja118 said:
hey imnuts noticed the stock browser doesn't scroll, kinda moves in blocks or chunks... kinda hard to describe but yeah otherwise works fine and I love the AOSP goodies :android-smile:
I have the same problem??? Very laggi.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For people that don't have root access, make sure that Superuser is installed (get it in the market). If it still doesn't work, try reflashing the ROM again. If it still isn't working, post here and I'll try to fix it.

·
Android Addict
310 Posts
"imnuts said:
For people that don't have root access, make sure that Superuser is installed (get it in the market). If it still doesn't work, try reflashing the ROM again. If it still isn't working, post here and I'll try to fix it.
I flashed Superuser.zip via cwm. Worked fine. I'm def seeing browser lag and choppy movement.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts