Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
imnuts said:
For people that don't have root access, make sure that Superuser is installed (get it in the market). If it still doesn't work, try reflashing the ROM again. If it still isn't working, post here and I'll try to fix it.
No root for me. Here is what I did:

Flash EP1Q Debloated (CWM)
-No root
Install SU
-No root
Flash the kernel again (ODIN)
-No root
Flash the kernel again (ODIN), wipe data, then immediate CWM ROM flash
-No root
Install SU
-No root

·
Android Army/Themer
235 Posts
Ok, so if I want to use this (currently on ep1q) I have to change back to froyo? All of these start with be on froyo in the instructions but I'm already on ep1q stock. Do I need to flash back? Any assistance would be great.

EP1Qeeeee this is fun!!!!

·
Android Fanatic
195 Posts
"Loustsoul said:
Ok, so if I want to use this (currently on ep1q) I have to change back to froyo? All of these start with be on froyo in the instructions but I'm already on ep1q stock. Do I need to flash back? Any assistance would be great.

depends on whether you want lagfix/ext4... if not then yeah it should be safe just wipe data and flash in CWM

Sent from my Droid Charge using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Army/Themer
235 Posts
Just to verify no need to be on froyo if I just want the rom? Download wipe flash?

·
Android Fanatic
195 Posts
"Loustsoul said:
Just to verify no need to be on froyo if I just want the rom? Download wipe flash?

yeah

·
Android Army/Themer
235 Posts
Thank you. I greatly appreciate your help.

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
Just flashed this rom and put all of my apps back on. From what I can tell everything is working and I do have Root, but only after flashing superuser.zip in CWM. The only thing I don't seem to have is the GB shutdown animation, is the screen off animation or the actual shutting down of the phone?

·
Android Fanatic
195 Posts
"gman8966 said:
Just flashed this rom and put all of my apps back on. From what I can tell everything is working and I do have Root, but only after flashing superuser.zip in CWM. The only thing I don't seem to have is the GB shutdown animation, is the screen off animation or the actual shutting down of the phone?
the screen off CRT animation is there, you have to have window animations/transitions on though.. as for the shutdown it should be the same

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
anoninja118 said:
the screen off CRT animation is there, you have to have window animations/transitions on though.. as for the shutdown it should be the same

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it isn't working. I have the animations on all and tried some, no luck.

·
Android Fanatic
195 Posts
"gman8966 said:
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it isn't working. I have the animations on all and tried some, no luck.
maybe I am wrong but I thought it was there when I tried the debloated rom... maybe its only in dev made roms like eclipse or gummy

·
Android Apprentice Hopeful
50 Posts
Problem: Stock browser in EP1Q debloated lags when scrolling.

SuperUser , EP1 modems, busybox, EXT4 is on the phone and i have tried reinstalling the rom over, flashig back to stock then rerooting, wiping and reinstalling the rom and still while in the brower my phone lags to scroll through the default EP1Q browser.

i dont have the hacked kernel though.....

:_con:PS im going to try to flash in CWM the hack kernel imnuts put up for EP1Q.....

Resolution: ?

·
Android Apprentice Hopeful
50 Posts
I have downloaded superuser from androidsu both version 2 and 3 beta superuser have failed randomly ....

superuser -version 2 and 3 beta and source androidsu
kernel - stock ep1q debloated and hacked ep1q kernel from imnuts post on rootzwiki
cwm - 4.0.0.8 (i like this com better bc of the back key functionality)& 4.0.1.4

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Thanks for your reply. After a re-flash of the rom root is working. That said:

1. there is no reference to voodoo in CWM 1.0.1.4. Should there be?

2. what is the trigger for the conversion to ext4. the above did not cause the conversion. All directories are rfs.

3. what is the relationship between lagfix and ext4, are there features in lagfix that do not depend on ext4?

Thanks - Dan

·
Android Apprentice
59 Posts
Did anyone flash this over any EE4 (with lagfix enabled) roms without wiping and not running into problems? If I were to flash this over EE4, and decides to go back to EE4, can I just flash another EE4 rom over it?

Thanks,

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
fortesquieu said:
Did anyone flash this over any EE4 (with lagfix enabled) roms without wiping and not running into problems? If I were to flash this over EE4, and decides to go back to EE4, can I just flash another EE4 rom over it?

Thanks,
Going from froyo to gingerbread without wiping? You would definitely run into problems if it even boots. Just make a backup, wipe and flash. If you want to go back you can wipe and flash another ee4 rom or restore your backup.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
59 Posts
sneakysolidbake said:
Going from froyo to gingerbread without wiping? You would definitely run into problems if it even boots. Just make a backup, wipe and flash. If you want to go back you can wipe and flash another ee4 rom or restore your backup.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
I've done that without wiping, no problems so far!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts