Android OS Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
According to many sources (http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/30/official-droid-bionic-bug-list-fix-coming-in-november/) a fix for some annoying issues is coming OTA in November. I was holding off to get a ROM until the first bug OTA, and the subsequent builds the community produces from this corrected version. However, it seems more and more likely that this OTA will cause rooting issues.

Essentially my question is: does this version have any tweaks/optimizations/fixes for some of the more severe issue son that list (mainly thinking of the 3g/4g connections issues one) or are you planning on keeping this rom supported, and when those fixes hits, have a new build to incorporate them? I'm trying to decide whether or not to pull the 3rd party ROM trigger now, or later.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
ddemlong,

I just got my Bionic coming from a DX1 and DX2. Mine came with 2.3.4. And 2.3.4 is rootable with PetesMotorolaRootTools_v1.06.zip

Hopefully that helps.

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
firefighterguy said:
ddemlong,

I just got my Bionic coming from a DX1 and DX2. Mine came with 2.3.4. And 2.3.4 is rootable with PetesMotorolaRootTools_v1.06.zip

Hopefully that helps.
I was reffering to the scheduled november update from motorola, Im all ready rooted and rom'd. the new update is said to break root.

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
rime_knight said:
According to many sources (http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/30/official-droid-bionic-bug-list-fix-coming-in-november/) a fix for some annoying issues is coming OTA in November. I was holding off to get a ROM until the first bug OTA, and the subsequent builds the community produces from this corrected version. However, it seems more and more likely that this OTA will cause rooting issues.

Essentially my question is: does this version have any tweaks/optimizations/fixes for some of the more severe issue son that list (mainly thinking of the 3g/4g connections issues one) or are you planning on keeping this rom supported, and when those fixes hits, have a new build to incorporate them? I'm trying to decide whether or not to pull the 3rd party ROM trigger now, or later.
I believe the 3g/4g issue will be addressed in the upcoming OTA. You can go to this link:

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...8-future-droid-bionic-update-breaks-root.html

to see what files will be updated. There is an lte.img file in the update so I am assuming that there will be fixes for the radio.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
I was reffering to the scheduled november update from motorola, Im all ready rooted and rom'd. the new update is said to break root.
My bad. Sorry, ddemlong. Lol.

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

·
Average Android
420 Posts
Stealing this as a base to experiment with my own rom creation. I hope that is ok
?

Not that I expect to release my tinkerings lol.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts