Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Android Beginner
40 Posts
@Raverx3x, very nice man. I'll be staying tuned to your work(s)... I just jumped onto the SNS4G a week ago, but I work for Sprint, so I need to stay stock till everyone @work is done checkin' out the goods... Then I'll check your work, always lookin' to please the audiophile in me.

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
"neocorteqz said:
Still don't understand what the "no subs" in title is referring to or ami just not getting it? Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4g running ICBINB ROM using RootzWiki Forums free
Audiophile... Music... Subwoofer... Subs. Almost all of the themes or mods that I have seen have some kind of witty hook, you just have to think about it.

·
Average Android
61 Posts
Alkaiser702 said:
Audiophile... Music... Subwoofer... Subs. Almost all of the themes or mods that I have seen have some kind of witty hook, you just have to think about it.
Like I said, Not getting it. lol. I thought it was something like when bootloaders are not included.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
it was just a whitty hook and there would be no way to include bootloaders in a cwm flashable as when the phone is on the bootloaders are not able to be replaced or written to.. outside of keis or download mode

·
FB
101 Posts
Hey raver, I was reading supercurio's redbend_ua thread and he claims that you can actually write to the bootloader area of the nand, but he was using a galaxy s. Shouldn't be so much different for our phones.

It's a good read nonetheless.

I might try to see if I can read from the different block devices later today, should be good for educational purposes if anything.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=765724

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
i got a few projects going on lol i havent fogotten but after hdd meltdown i need to do alot of updates on this actually this rom will prob change since i did one for xda this one will be a rootz wiki exclusive..

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
Downloading now. I know I had some problems with the xda edition, but I'm gonna see if I can get it right this time with this edition. Will post my results when finished.

Sent from my Audiophile Redux powered SGS4G using RootzWiki Forums

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
if u have issues post em up ill help u though them... if comeing from frayo after you install the rom if u get bootloops u would need to doin the kc1 csc file to your phone and after that u will be fine :p it fixes the issues with the data and cache rfs file structure

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
ya welcome to beta brother seems every new build sammy gives us comes with its own special blend of fun lol :p the delete does work if you go into the contacts u can also try to fix premissions from cwm to see if that helps any

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
"Raverx3x said:
ya welcome to beta brother seems every new build sammy gives us comes with its own special blend of fun lol :p the delete does work if you go into the contacts u can also try to fix premissions from cwm to see if that helps any
Thx for the reply. I have one question and srry if its a noob one but why do some of my apps from the market dissapear/uninstall after a reboot of the phone? I get the little sd card icon. I know it is not a beta issue cuz i saw this same issue on another gb rom. Also the market dissapeared 2.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
did you try to convert to ext 4?
if so thats the reason

you need to get busy box off the market before that conversion or that happens

version 1.17.1 by stericson

when u go to install it it will say 1.18.4 with a drop down box

choose the previous verson which is the one listed

install that it will reboot

u should get stuff back and ext 4 will disable if you want it enabled

make sure ext 4 is disabled goto your sd card *u mmay have to use a pc for this part* wipe the voodoo folder off the root of the sd card

stick back in phone

reboot into cwm red by vol up down and power button hold tell the screen cycles once then let go your good

goto advanced

make partition 2048

let it do its thing it takes awhile

reboot when done linda will convert and all your apps will be back :p

ya sorry for the convaluted install but its beta we work with what we can

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
"Raverx3x said:
did you try to convert to ext 4?
if so thats the reason

you need to get busy box off the market before that conversion or that happens

version 1.17.1 by stericson

when u go to install it it will say 1.18.4 with a drop down box

choose the previous verson which is the one listed

install that it will reboot

u should get stuff back and ext 4 will disable if you want it enabled

make sure ext 4 is disabled goto your sd card *u mmay have to use a pc for this part* wipe the voodoo folder off the root of the sd card

stick back in phone

reboot into cwm red by vol up down and power button hold tell the screen cycles once then let go your good

goto advanced

make partition 2048

let it do its thing it takes awhile

reboot when done linda will convert and all your apps will be back :p

ya sorry for the convaluted install but its beta we work with what we can
Its all good. I jut wanted to know since am new to all of this since I just got this phone not to long ago. Also before u replyed I installed busybox and used 1.18.4 and installed voodo controll app and enabled voodo and Linda converted just fine without create partition. Plus did a factory reset and so far they havent dissapeared. Again thx for the reply. And if hit happens again I will use ur steps to fix

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
well thats good to know cause it wasnt working with the new 1.18.4 glad its all working ya the voodoo thing atm is prob worse to get working then actaully installing the rom for people lol glad its working and ur enjoying the rom expect bugs as well the rom isnt all there lol blame sammy for that part lol :p

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
"Raverx3x said:
well thats good to know cause it wasnt working with the new 1.18.4 glad its all working ya the voodoo thing atm is prob worse to get working then actaully installing the rom for people lol glad its working and ur enjoying the rom expect bugs as well the rom isnt all there lol blame sammy for that part lol :p
Lol I wont be staying on this ROM for to long. I really want to try that ***** ROM but tell then I well keep trying others. And as always thx for the hard work u guys put in

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
Raverx3x said:
ok welcome to flash aholics annonimous lol ill see you at next weeks meetings
lol, you can say that again. i think i broke my phone from flashing too many times. went to power it on today and got nothing but multi colored pixels on my screen. :angry: phone is getting replaced through tmo though since it was insured and also there was nothing that voided the warranty. so, once i get the replacement, i'll be back on for customizations. :tongue2:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
kk if it looks lke rainbow city could be u didnt flash the gb bootloaders if you have the gb loaders and u get that

its deffently a hardware issue...

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.