Android OS Forum banner
241 - 260 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello !

im following the google code project page, downloaded every single file i need. extracted to the sdk/platform tools folder etc etc i go into either APX or Fastboot on my device yet when i run the commands( using terminal on linux mint 12) i get no such file or directory...

im following the original method by chandon :
Original Root method [LINUX ONLY] (Thanks Chandon) -- v909 ONLY!!! :

lsusb
0955:7820 NVidia Corp.
sudo su
./nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --getpartitiontable ptable.txt
./nvflash -r --read 8 system-orig.img
cp system-orig.img system.img
mkdir system
mount -o loop system.img system
cp su system/bin
chmod 4755 system/bin/su
cp Superuser.apk system/app
umount system
./nvflash -r --download 8 system.img
./nvflash -r --sync
  • Download Linux nvflash package. (See Downloads)
  • Extract the needed files into a directory and cd to that directory.
  • Shut down your G-Slate and plug it into your computer via USB.
  • Hold down both volume buttons and press the power button. The G-Slate will not appear to turn on, but it'll go into APX mode.
  • Verify Linux recognizes APX mode:
  • Linux needs root if you have not setup the udev rules:
  • Run the following commands:
  • Wait while 400 meg of data copies.
  • Wait while it copies back.
  • Sync the flash memory:
  • Press the reset button under the sim cover to reboot.

my device is listed when i run LSUSB. but the ./nvflash commands do not follow through , i get the No such File or Directory error. what do i do next??

PLEASE HELP! =(

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello!

im not new to rooting / flashing roms. but i am new to fastboot / nvflash as i cannot get the error : to stop coming up. i am using Linux methods stated here, but the ./nvflash commands do nothing but say "no such file or directory"

this is the guide i am using...

lsusb
sudo su
mkdir system
cp su system/bin
chmod 4755 system/bin/su
umount system
./nvflash -r --sync
  • Hold down both volume buttons and press the power button. The G-Slate will not appear to turn on, but it'll go into APX mode.
  • Sync the flash memory:

·
Registered
19 Posts
hello!

im not new to rooting / flashing roms. but i am new to fastboot / nvflash as i cannot get the error : to stop coming up. i am using Linux methods stated here, but the ./nvflash commands do nothing but say "no such file or directory"

this is the guide i am using...

lsusb
sudo su
mkdir system
cp su system/bin
chmod 4755 system/bin/su
umount system
./nvflash -r --sync
  • Sync the flash memory:
You can't use the Google page instructions, you need to follow the method in the OP to the letter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I cant get HDMI to work, is there a trick? I've tried on a Samsung and LG TV. The TV's sense theres a cable plugged in but no signal ever gets sent.
I don't think there is any trick. Mine starts mirroring as soon as I plug the cable in. If you've troubleshooted the port, cable and adapter if you're using one, I'd try a reflash I guess.
Troubleshot?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks OP for working on this. I had thought there was no one left working on custom ROMs for the G-slate but was pleasantly surprised to see JB posted. It's working well so far. Every now and then an app hangs up and after a minute the tablet reboots. A couple different apps have done this sporadically. They run fine immediately after a reboot, but after some time switching between apps, an app freezes up and the home/back buttons are unresponsive. Would a logcat be useful? I'm uncertain whether I can get to it when the tablet is frozen up like that.

Would also be nice to have the camera working but since I rarely use it on the G-Slate it's not a big deal. Hope to see more builds :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
At least you were able to upgrade... I'm still trying
I had a heckuva time when I first installed CM9 (ICS) from a stock ROM. Follow the directions exactly and don't skip anything thinking you've already done it. In my case, I was not using the exact version of CWM recovery, causing it not to accept the zip update. I had already wiped the tablet so couldn't boot into it, and didn't get the recovery to "stick" so was doubly screwed. Ended up having to disconnect the battery and use super-top-secret flash mode to reinstall stock and start over from there. You might want to read through the CM9 thread because alot of questions like that have been covered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's been a while since I've had time to be on here but I will try what i can to help you guys out trouble shooting wise. I'm not a dev I was just testing a while back, so I don't know everything so don't expect me to be able to fix everything.

So cache74 what specifically are you stuck on for flashing like where are you stuck whats happening?

Those of you asking for a v9XX radio fix look through the forum last I saw there was a thread with the radios for your respective tab. Hence my V905r has proper signal.

Project wise I don't know whats still going on I've been out of the loop with college, I'm wanting to learn a bit of the dev side but I'm still trying to find a place to start haha

·
Registered
18 Posts
Its been a while now. Kinda gave up cause i need camera but would like to update clockwork (think that's it or recovery program) so i don't have to use laptop. I have a windows XP laptop and can't get slate to bootup in recovery. I have tried just about everything, I want to update slate so i don't havento use a computer anymore to back up or install rom.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its been a while now. Kinda gave up cause i need camera but would like to update clockwork (think that's it or recovery program) so i don't have to use laptop. I have a windows XP laptop and can't get slate to bootup in recovery. I have tried just about everything, I want to update slate so i don't havento use a computer anymore to back up or install rom.
Ok well, I don't know what steps you are using to get the slate in recovery in xp, I know it is possible though cause I did it with my netbook a few weeks ago. As for not needing the pc for installing roms that can be done only with CM10, honeycomb didn't have the capabilities coded in as far as i know, for doing that. So even if you did flash the recovery and wanted to boot into it, as long as you are on honeycomb you'll need the pc for going through fastboot.

241 - 260 of 298 Posts