Android OS Forum banner
261 - 280 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
fine, there are the v9XX radio fixes, but if I understood the instaLlation instructions right, I must first Unlock the bootloader and for that I need the 'v900 Restore Files', or I am wrong?

Or are the 'v9XX radio fixes' the same as the 'v9xx Restore Files'??

Can anybody make an instaLlation instruction for the v900? And a checklist, if everything is available or a list what is missing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those of you still using this that have not figured out how to get into recovery, as long as you followed the OPs instructions exactly when first flashing the following should work:

Download ROM Manager by ClockworkMod from the Play Store
Once in ROM Manager, select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"
Next, select "Device Not Listed Above", and select "Yes" when it asks have you installed a ClockworkMod based recovery
Next, select "ClockworkMod 3.x+" for the Confirm Version pop-up
Select Ok, and under "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" it should now read "Current Recovery: ClockworkMod 5.X.X.X"
If it does, select "Reboot into Recovery" and grant superuser permissions. You should reboot straight in CWM Recovery.

As per usual disclaimers, I am not responsible for anything going wrong, do this at your own risk. I would not advise using any of the other features in ROM Manager as the device is not supported and I do not even use them on my supported devices. I prefer to only use this to boot easily into recovery.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Guys I'm sorry for no update in quite sometime. I haven't posted anything lately because of support issues with tegra2 devices. Well, it is official, devices that don't support neon won't be supported going forward, not from an Android compatibility issue, but rather a gapps support issue. Gapps from jb 4.2 require neon support from the processor and tegra2 doesn't support this.

So going forward, this device will no longer be supported officially. There are similar projects out there as gapps called fapps. So if anyone wants to take the reigns on this device going forward, then please do. If something changes from an internal support perspective, I'll gladly change directions on this as long as I still have the device.

It wouldn't be hard to do a bringup for the v909 to 4.2, but gapps will be an issue. If anyone here is interested in porting it, I'll be willing to answer questions.

The only thing broken is cameras as usual, and it needs a userspace driver written to get cams up. Everything else is already in play. Thanks for being awesome, its been a great run!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys I'm sorry for no update in quite sometime. I haven't posted anything lately because of support issues with tegra2 devices. Well, it is official, devices that don't support neon won't be supported going forward, not from an Android compatibility issue, but rather a gapps support issue. Gapps from jb 4.2 require neon support from the processor and tegra2 doesn't support this.

So going forward, this device will no longer be supported officially. There are similar projects out there as gapps called fapps. So if anyone wants to take the reigns on this device going forward, then please do. If something changes from an internal support perspective, I'll gladly change directions on this as long as I still have the device.

It wouldn't be hard to do a bringup for the v909 to 4.2, but gapps will be an issue. If anyone here is interested in porting it, I'll be willing to answer questions.

The only thing broken is cameras as usual, and it needs a userspace driver written to get cams up. Everything else isand already in play. Thanks for being awesome, its been a great run! Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
so there will be no update (4.1) or bugfix s anymore ? isn't there an issue with the wlan after the display turns out? and the status leds? ..thx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
so there will be no update (4.1) or bugfix s anymore ? isn't there an issue with the wlan after the display turns out? and the status leds? ..thx
You would need to ping janne or chiefzreloaded in #g-slate to see if they are willing to continue development. I myself, am done.

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
You would need to ping janne or chiefzreloaded in #g-slate to see if they are willing to continue development. I myself, am done.

While it still isn't anywhere near perfect, I just want to say thanks to you and everyone else who worked on this project (for free no less)... I had pretty much decided to sell my gslate because it was so slow and buggy before I found this thread. Now I still actually use my tablet somewhat regularly... I just wish LG/T-Mobile had done a better job supporting their hardware from the beginning...

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5 Posts

The only thing broken is cameras as usual, and it needs a userspace driver written to get cams up. Everything else is already in play. Thanks for being awesome, its been a great run!

I appreciate the work you guys have done on this, it's sad that LG essentially abandoned it immediately after releasing it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sad to hear, but it has been a couple years, it's not hard to believe that the g-slate has become incompatible with newer software. Thanks to everyone who worked on this. You made the tablet a pleasure for me and many others, when it was almost just a hassle before. I know we all really appreciate it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sad to hear, but it has been a couple years, it's not hard to believe that the g-slate has become incompatible with newer software. Thanks to everyone who worked on this. YYYou made the tablet a pleasure for me and many others, when it was almost just a hassle before.d[I know we all really appreciate it. ?y
question: with this ROM, how is the battery performance? do you have the same battery performance during use and standby or does this ROM consume more power?

·
Registered
21 Posts
question: with this ROM, how is the battery performance? do you have the same battery performance during use and standby or does this ROM consume more power?
Mine is on the charger anytime that I'm not using it, I don't travel with it that much, so I couldn't really say. But I don't think it's substantially worse than stock, and it's so much faster and more functional, it's completely worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone else tried using the encryption feature? I've tried several times (including after a full wipe) and it gets to the screen with the android on it and stays there when it should be rebooting to do the encryption.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Battery life is pretty great. Especially compared to my Nexus phone, which sucks battery life like nobody's business. I'd say I only charge the G-Slate every 2 days or so. And it's usually not on its last legs even then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anybody have a stock rom with root? I tried to get it to stock with the guide they have on the site, but I am not able to get it to work with windows or linux It could be on the Linux side I have to setup the driver and what not. As for windows it gives me a error with the nvflash command.
Did you back up before rooting? I recently restored mine to stock so I could sell it and using the nandroid backup it went without a hitch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you back up before rooting? I recently restored mine to stock so I could sell it and using the nandroid backup it went without a hitch.
Well I did right...but I kind of did something. I was messing around in recovery and ended up formatting my sdcard within the device. I was kicking myself in the head for a couple of weeks because the tablet was bricked for a while. I somehow pushed the zip files for jelly bean and gapps with the adb push command, then went under recovery and installed jelly bean in the meantime till I can get to stock. I really miss the camera function. I wish I knew how to write the driver for it.

I dont suppose to have that file handy? I was trying to follow the process on a windows computer to go back to stock with nvflash. I usually get a error stating that rcm version 0X4 m Command Send Failed (usb write failed). I dont know if there is something missing. or I get that there is no partition. I even tried to go to a linux box and got the same error. I did do some reading around and I might need to get the sdk version nvflash tool kit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i finally figured put how to return this device to stock! LOL

anyone needs help?

selling this soon, so i'm not rooting it anymore.. actually my 3d camera broke so i had this for a long time without the 3d cam , not that i would have used it anyway.. lol... but now all is good, it's back to stock and updated.. :)

thanks to the devs, awesome devs!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can't play DIVX files with MX Player which I could with Honeycomb. Is this expected misbehavior or should I be looking at other possibilities?

261 - 280 of 298 Posts