Android OS Forum banner
281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello,

I've got a question related to building Cyanogenmod from sources. I was able to successfully build and run Android 4.1.2 on my G-Slate, but I would like to try out the latest version of CM - Android 4.3.

How can I compile the latest Nightly version of Cyanogenmod? I suppose I would have to change some config file and set a different version of Android to be compiled from the pre-downloaded sources. But as I am completely new to this kind of stuff and as I was unable to find the relevant information using Google, I have to ask here.

Can someone please help me out with this? Thank you very much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
anyone still playing with the g-slate?
I didn't think anyone else was. I came back here looking for updates. I feel like there's too much life left in it. Plus I figure I try and play with the hardware again and maybe learn something. Suck that LG abandoned it "because they're getting out of the tablet market... yet just released the G Pad. Jacks.

I feel like breaking it again so I'm going to tinker away

·
Registered
18 Posts
I didn't think anyone else was. I came back here looking for updates. I feel like there's too much life left in it. Plus I figure I try and play with the hardware again and maybe learn something. Suck that LG abandoned it "because they're getting out of the tablet market... yet just released the G Pad. Jacks.

I feel like breaking it again so I'm going to tinker away
wow someone else is still using one.. i want new android im still on honeycomb.. dont want to get new tablet but am thinking about putting this one on craigslist and get a new tablet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok i got an lg v905r tablet running on a custom 4.1.1 rom.....but my camera's don't work so I would like to restore it to stock fw. 3.0 or 3.1 honeycomb.......I can't find the stock rom anywhere.......can anyone help me with this? thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi. I just installed this ROM to my "new" V909 :) and it works fine. Any news about camera? Is it not possible to use the old app from original ROM?
The problem with G-Slate's camera is much bigger than just finding a suitable app. It has nothing to do with a camera application.

Older versions of Android (including Honeycomb) used different drivers while now Android (4.0 ICS and newer) uses new drivers. Since LG abandoned G-Slate users soon after it was released, probably because there were only a few G-Slate users, we have no fully functional ICS+ ROM.

Ask LG if they can provide you with newer drivers or newer ROM, it is possible they have something as there are rumours they were developing a newer ROM but newer released it. However, the last time I tried it they said there was no ICS ROM for G-Slate in development - but you must understand they have no desire to keep G-Slate alive. Not to mention it is an outdated hardware now. Although, if LG didn't abandon us such a long time ago, it would still be a great device for internet browsing and for taking 3D videos.

My advice for the future: Don't go the LG way ever again. They release really nice phones but their support is dodgy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I dont care.

But, why not to go LG way again? I just like this brand. I had LG Optimus One as my first smarthone and it was very goog. I still have it for playing with and it runs CM 11 ROM based on KitKat. I also use LG Optimus L5 II dual as my current phone and it is great too. I also have LG TV and it is great. Also, LG G Slate is also interesting device, still quite usable and acceptably fast. And, it is just different from Apple and Samsung.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Btw, any idea how to play flash in Firefox browser? I found out that Flash plugin is not supported on Tegra 2 devices (another surprise for me) :) but it is not a big problem. I tried to install newest apk directly from Adobe website, but it did not work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning, sir.

I have a v901 (Korea) model.

I failed to flash this ROM.

I found a way while reading a Japanese blog.

It is said that the bootloader should be raised first, cm should be raised, and gaps should be done in order.

bootloader_unlock_v909_v10p.zip -> cm_10_20121104_UNOFFICIAL_v909.zip -> gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

I successfully booted up and used it well. And then when I try to reboot,

There was an item in the reboot menu that I didn't see called reboot(?) in the recovery kernel, so I pressed it out of curiosity.

It's like a brick.

I can't enter fastboot, so I can only enter apx mode.

On the screen, it says booting recovery kernel image and reboots repeatedly.

It would be nice if I could just do normal boot or fast boot.

Even if I press the reset button on the back, it's still the same situation, so I don't know what to do, so I leave an inquiry.

I would be very much obliged to you if you would help me.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning, sir.

I have a v901 (Korea) model.

I failed to flash this ROM.

I found a way while reading a Japanese blog.

It is said that the bootloader should be raised first, cm should be raised, and gaps should be done in order.

bootloader_unlock_v909_v10p.zip -> cm_10_20121104_UNOFFICIAL_v909.zip -> gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

I successfully booted up and used it well. And then when I try to reboot,

There was an item in the reboot menu that I didn't see called reboot(?) in the recovery kernel, so I pressed it out of curiosity.

It's like a brick.

I can't enter fastboot, so I can only enter apx mode.

On the screen, it says booting recovery kernel image and reboots repeatedly.

It would be nice if I could just do normal boot or fast boot.

Even if I press the reset button on the back, it's still the same situation, so I don't know what to do, so I leave an inquiry.

I would be very much obliged to you if you would help me.

[email protected]

I solved the problem by myself.
Of course, I just copied what the developer had already made for me^^
The solution is the 909 factory reset method using nvflash.
Even if the method was written, the link to download the files was very damaged, so it was difficult to do. Just in case, leave another download link for other people.
The way to install cm in v901 is to factory-initialize to v909 v3.0 using nvflash, and then install cm and gapp in fastboot mode without 3.1 update. I wish you all the best.

281 - 298 of 298 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.