Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MILF
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an unofficial test build/preview of the 2.6.35 MTD CM7 port for VZW Fascinate, USCC Mesmerize and Cellular South Showcase. It is built off the work of TeamHacksung, and is very different from earlier CM7 builds. At this point it is very functional, but still in very much of an ALPHA state.

Working:
Calls!!
SMS
3G data
GPS!!
Bluetooth!!
WiFi
Camera/Camcorder
USB mass storage / sdcard
Sensors!!

Not Working:
MMS

Known Issues:
* phone will not wake for incoming calls or messages if it has fallen into deep sleep - workaround: download softlocker app from market to keep device from sleeping
* occassionally the radio may completely die (usually after phone has been powered off for a while) - fix: (shouldn't have to say this): pull the battery.

Included in the package is the base ROM and kernel. GAPPS must be flashed separately. Link below. You may also use nemesis2all's kernel here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1119169

When flashed the first time, your filesystems will be converted to MTD (yaffs2/ext4). Do not try to flash any other ROMs via cwm at that point, and do not try to get into recovery via the 3 button method. Use adb reboot recovery or the reboot recovery option from the power menu. To revert, and switch to another ROM, flash a full Odin/Heimdall package (like DL09).

Since your filesystems are being fully converted, there is no need for Voodoo or any other lagfix. DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ANY KIND OF LAGFIX ON THIS ROM!!! Voodoo sound capability is however included in the kernel.

To install, boot into cwm recovery, wipe data, and flash the appropriate ROM for your device. It will reboot and then do the actual install. If you are on a previous version, you can simply flash it over your current install. If you have problems, try wiping data first. The ROM will work whether you are on rfs or ext4.

This is a WiP, and meant as more of a preview than anything else. Enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?vebgf8v37ubtbyv - Fascinate ROM

http://www.mediafire.com/?qj2aswra959r2mz - Mesmerize ROM

http://www.mediafire.com/?j892uo2vk5s3blb - Showcase ROM

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip - GAPPS

·
Average Android
138 Posts
My only concern would be the fact that the phone doesn't wake when asleep for a call or text.. Guaranteed daily driver if that was resolved. The other little things are just that, little things. But wow, what great progress you have made jt, just a short time ago the rom barely booted and now.. look at you go! Can't wait for 100% functionality ..

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
jbarcus81 said:
My only concern would be the fact that the phone doesn't wake when asleep for a call or text.. Guaranteed daily driver if that was resolved. The other little things are just that, little things. But wow, what great progress you have made jt, just a short time ago the rom barely booted and now.. look at you go! Can't wait for 100% functionality ..
The deep sleep issue has been fixed, but jt just hasn't updated this thread. Check the xda thread. Now, we still need MMS and other little behind the scene stuff, but it is almost there.

·
Android Apprentice
92 Posts
This rom is for sure daily driver status as of the 0704 build that fixed deep sleep. keep up the great work jt
who needs mms...lol

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
This thing rocks. I can't believe it runs as smooth as it does. Amazing. Two things worth noting and there not that big of a deal.

One it won't charge the battery past 4200mv where as other ROMs will charge to 4250+mv. Only effect this has it battery drops from 100% to 98% very quickly. But even with that the battery life is impecable. :)

Second. It won't let you charge the battery with the phone off. As soon as you plug in the USB the phone boots. Also not a big deal just figure I would mention it.

All in all this is a great ROM and I can't wait to see the progress that gets made. Although it runs really really well. The only issue I have noticed is the MMS and well. We already knew about that and its no biggie. Great work and thanks a ton :D

Tap-a-Talked from my CM7 Mesmerize.

·
Android Apprentice
483 Posts
thanks a wicked lot for this new release CM7! currently running otb kernel OTB 2.6.35.13 CFS 0704. no random reboots everything works excellent...i run [email protected] 200/1200/smartass gov/cfq. -50mv all around im not purging any assets under performance but ive tried automem killer works ok if the system keeps higher memory it seems, rather have it closer to the cpu anyhow, so high memory isnt really much of an issue. ive noticed something cool with the synthetic bench (quadrant) the i/o is better on r/w!
i like mms however i can get around that :D i opted for stats to be shared, hope that helps... tnx

·
Supporting Member
64 Posts
Is anyone on Cellular South running this ROM without having data roaming issues? I ran fine until I tried to change my network setting from Home Only to Automatic.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
Runs great. With the new Glitch kernel this thing screams. Really do appreciate the time you put into make this available for us. It means more than you may know. JT and anyone else that worked on this, you guys rock.

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Hey JT,

First off thank you for all that you do for the community. Second, Can we get the updated links here on RootzWiki for the most recent build of cm7 you have posted on xda.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Hey guys. Quick question I'm coming from a debloated Odin 2.2. I flashed the custom cement for cm7. When I go to flash it reboots then says installs complete. Then reboits again and bam a boot loop. Can anyone give me any input. Should I be on the Odin leak of FBI before I flash this instead of a 2.2 Tom?

·
Android Enthusiast
121 Posts
it's funny, but i've saved myself a couple times using the 3-button method of getting into CWM 3 instead of the 4 that CM7 uses and reflashing. i read on xda you're not supposed to but i've done it after boot loops and it's worked for me but i don't know if it does something bad, but i've been running my phone with no problems

·
Android Apprentice
483 Posts
...progress...the last two days have been a bit troublesome with 3G. cant seem to get the latest build of any aosp roms to give me 3G, whether its cm7 or miui. the link here that redirects me to the vzw for the mesmerize cm7 (*mediafire) says the link is removed?? im hoping to go back to the testbuild 5 (CM7) and flash the updates from there, one thing that has never been certain to me is the base rom needed then update on top of that? much like, Dl14/EC10/EE19 ect...

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
First of all, thank you for your work. I'm having some issues though. Namely my microsd won't mount most of the time, cell service doesn't work, and its generally unstable on my showcase. But its soooo close. I can't wait till things stabilize a bit so I can try again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.