Android OS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The maintainer of CyanogenMod's HTC Eris branch has been MIA so I offered to maintain the branch.

I initiated a pull request to add support for the HTC Eris aka desirec so we could be seeing Nightly builds again soon...
https://github.com/koush/proprietary_vendor_htc/pull/32

I realize this device is nearly unsupported in the community, no offence to the devs that sweat making ROMs for this device, I thought users would like to have more options!

If anyone has questions let me know :grin2:

·
Special Sauce Maker
215 Posts
JBirdVegas said:
The maintainer of CyanogenMod's HTC Eris branch has been MIA so I offered to maintain the branch.

I initiated a pull request to add support for the HTC Eris aka desirec so we could be seeing Nightly builds again soon...
https://github.com/koush/proprietary_vendor_htc/pull/32

I realize this device is nearly unsupported in the community, no offence to the devs that sweat making ROMs for this device, I thought users would like to have more options!

If anyone has questions let me know :grin2:
Huh? What happened to me? LOL did I fall off the planet or something? There's not much more work to do to the vendor tree bud.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
workshed said:
Huh? What happened to me? LOL did I fall off the planet or something? There's not much more work to do to the vendor tree bud.
I got on cyanogenmod-dev and asked why cm was not building nightly builds as they have a working vendor tree, I was told you were mia and without a maintainer no official builds ... I just offered to maintain so nightly builds would be back :)

Not trying to take credit for your work just tired of building CM manually for my wife.

Since clearly you are not mia why is Eris not offically supported?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Developer
37 Posts
JBirdVegas said:
I got on cyanogenmod-dev and asked why cm was not building nightly builds as they have a working vendor tree, I was told you were mia and without a maintainer no official builds ... I just offered to maintain so nightly builds would be back :)

Not trying to take credit for your work just tired of building CM manually for my wife.

Since clearly you are not mia why is Eris not officially supported?
There's no good reason for the Eris not getting official nightly builds but the powers that be haven't made it so. Workshed has done all he can on his end but the Eris isn't high priority for the CM folks. There have been a few times when we thought they were about to start but nothing came of it. There was even a brief moment where there was an Eris subforum in existence at the cyanogenmod forums only to have it disappear. Here's what the excuse was way back in April: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=13028204#post13028204

Alternatives to you having to build CM are:
* GSB - Workshed's custom CM7 ROM
* Condemned - CondemnedSoul's custom CM7 ROM

·
Special Sauce Maker
215 Posts
JBirdVegas said:
Humm sounds petty

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
That's exactly what I was told, personally. And if you really want to take it over, go for it, it's not a big deal. I did what I could, and still release my version of cm7 for a very old device.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't heard anything else about it and no nightly builds ... so I guess if I hear anything more about it I will let you know :)

... but if you are around not sure there is a point

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
workshed said:
That's exactly what I was told, personally. And if you really want to take it over, go for it, it's not a big deal. I did what I could, and still release my version of cm7 for a very old device.
Would you like to get it started again? Would you like a developer tag :)

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
Workshed's ROMs were always the bomb on the Eris.

·
Hokie
75 Posts
JBirdVegas said:
I haven't heard anything else about it and no nightly builds ... so I guess if I hear anything more about it I will let you know :)

... but if you are around not sure there is a point
According to workshed's post on XDA, he's done with his GSB Eris port of CM.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=16357741&postcount=6344

JBirdVegas, I followed your work on the Droid 2 and would love to see the Eris get official nightly builds of CM for my sister's phone!

·
Android Beginner
689 Posts
I ran GSB on my eris since 3.1 and it is a great ROM. Everything I've seen so far having to do with CM7 and the eris has not been so great for most. Since workshed ia off the build I don't see this going anywhere fast. Great job workshed.it sucks to see you go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts