Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
32 Posts
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h><br />
/*<br />
 * Your warranty is now void.<br />
 *<br />
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,<br />
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please<br />
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM<br />
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if<br />
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.<br />
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Samsung Mesmerize, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:


CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Mesmerize
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 36356d5b03d3713e55489cd0d263ef26​

Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110828
Mirror: link
Mirror: link

Version: Google Talk with video addon
Mirror: link
Mirror: link

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
206 Posts
I downloaded and flashed through ROM manager, and noticed the brightness was really low even when turned all the way up.. I flashed Jt's V5 kernel, now I'm stuck on boot screen.
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
783 Posts
All I had to do to fix the brightness was go into voodoo control app and under the color settings hit reset. Fixed it right up.
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
783 Posts
Wyman881 said:
I downloaded and flashed through ROM manager, and noticed the brightness was really low even when turned all the way up.. I flashed Jt's V5 kernel, now I'm stuck on boot screen.
Adb into the right recovery and reflash the ROM.
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
170 Posts
Nice thanks so much after flashing the EE19 modem its working nicely. *happy dance*
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
48 Posts
Is there anyway to add a second, maybe even a third, custom app starter for the ring lock screen? want to add dialer and email.
its nice having fully supported builds now, muchas gracias.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
592 Posts
Is sms the only issue eh09 is having? im not at home so i cant change modems at the moment.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
21 Posts
No issues with ee19 radio calls or sms and just sent and received mms no problems! Flashed this over pre nightly CM7 with glitch. Reflashed glitch kernel after and is super smooth
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
19 Posts
This is awesome. Been using CM7 on a Nook Color for a while and love it!

Got a few questions, though, as I'm still very new to flashing my phone. Currently it is running PhideIt's rooted 2.3.4 ROM. ClockWordMod is installed as I needed it to flash a GPS fix.

When I tried downloading the CM file from the official link on the "update...CM7" file it was an 8.8MB file. Is that correct? Is the whole operating system in there? Seems like it was much bigger for the Nook... Please confirm if there is something else I need to flash prior to flashing this zip file, or if the compression on it is just really that awesome.

Next, is there a link to the EE19 modem/radio that has to be flashed, as SMS is important to me?

Finally, after the initial installation can updates be performed OTA using ROM Manager?

Thanks in advance for your assistance, and thanks for your hard work getting CM7 to the Mesmerize!
 

·
Try to Keep UP
Joined
·
330 Posts
bh77a said:
This is awesome. Been using CM7 on a Nook Color for a while and love it!

Got a few questions, though, as I'm still very new to flashing my phone. Currently it is running PhideIt's rooted 2.3.4 ROM. ClockWordMod is installed as I needed it to flash a GPS fix.

When I tried downloading the CM file from the official link on the "update...CM7" file it was an 8.8MB file. Is that correct? Is the whole operating system in there? Seems like it was much bigger for the Nook... Please confirm if there is something else I need to flash prior to flashing this zip file, or if the compression on it is just really that awesome.

Next, is there a link to the EE19 modem/radio that has to be flashed, as SMS is important to me?

Finally, after the initial installation can updates be performed OTA using ROM Manager?

Thanks in advance for your assistance, and thanks for your hard work getting CM7 to the Mesmerize!
The CM7 file should be in the neighborhood of 93mb

EE19 radio to be used with Odin

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24410513/EE19_modem.tar.md5

Yes, the future updates can be made through ROM manager
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
19 Posts
Thanks! Got the full 93.4 MB download via the mirror.

In regards to the EE19 modem, do I flash it with ODIN *AFTER* flashing CM7 via recovery?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,873 Posts
bh77a said:
Thanks! Got the full 93.4 MB download via the mirror.

In regards to the EE19 modem, do I flash it with ODIN *AFTER* flashing CM7 via recovery?
Doesn't matter either way.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
19 Posts
Well, unfortunately I've stumbled into a problem - upon flashing the zip from the sd card, the phone rebooted at the line "checking status of MTD..."

It then flashes between the Samsung and Galaxy S / cyanogen(mod) screens.

In an attempt to fix, I rebooted into recovering and went through the processes of wiping data and cache. Each time I do this I see a message stating that the directories can't be mounted. Trying to install the zip again causes the same reboot at the same place.

Am I totally messed up? Do I need to do something else before I can install CM7? Do I need to just go back to stock Gingerbread?

My device is a Samsung Mesmerize, running Android 2.3.4, the stock version with the exception that it is PhideIt's rooted version. ClockwordMod is installed and I can still boot into it. It was flashed via ODIN after installing PhideIt's ROM as some permissions on the GPS were messed up.
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
783 Posts
Your phone should reboot during the install. You will most like need to Odin back to DI14 with repartition checked then Odin EE19 without it checked. Then try reflashing CM7
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
19 Posts
Thanks scarmon25. I actually got it back flashing the EH09 release via ODIN, without re-partition checked. Of course, I've lost root access. Would ClockworkMod Recovery still be installed? If so, would it be okay to try to reinstall CM7 without ROOT access if doing so via recovery?
 
1 - 20 of 264 Posts
Top