Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case people aren't aware of the similarities of fascinate/mesmerize, I figured I'd throw up a link for CM7MTD via jt1134 (which is located in the fascinate forum). Make sure you download the right one and follow his instructions.

JT - Can't thank you enough man, you are an instrumental asset to the community!

Go Download Here

·
Android Apprentice
483 Posts
thanks a wicked lot jt for this new release CM7! currently running otb kernel OTB 2.6.35.13 CFS 0704. no random reboots everything works excellent...i run [email protected] 200/1200/smartass gov/cfq. -50mv all around im not purging any assets under performance but ive tried automem killer works ok if the system keeps higher memory it seems, rather have it closer to the cpu anyhow, so high memory isnt really much of an issue. ive noticed something cool with the synthetic bench (quadrant) the i/o is better on r/w!
i like mms however i can get around that :D i opted for stats to be shared, hope that helps... tnx

posted this in fascinate forum as well, however since i own a mez thought id share here too :D

·
Android Apprentice
483 Posts
XsBones said:
Thanks for the info
no probs, im just really impressed, hope at least more people can try this oout

·
Android Apprentice
483 Posts
i see the verizon facinate has mms fixed for cm7...

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
Yeah. I'm still running the first build. I've found a work around for almost every issue but mms and I don't use it enough to really worry.about it. Would love to see the newest build ported over. But this will work. Love this CM7. Great work

Tap-a-Talked from my CM7 Mesmerize.

·
Android Apprentice
483 Posts
scarmon25 said:
Yeah. I'm still running the first build. I've found a work around for almost every issue but mms and I don't use it enough to really worry.about it. Would love to see the newest build ported over. But this will work. Love this CM7. Great work

im not that advanced with codes and open source yet, however i see the source code for the mms is listed on the verizon page...if only i knew how to edit it for the mez :(

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
Oh I haven't done anything with the rom. Just found little work arounds for the little quarks here and there. I wish I knew how to do that stuff

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
Also with the latest build almost everything is working including mms. Just waiting in hopes I see it available for the mes. If I knew how to do it I would edit it for the mes. But I'm not that smart yet.:)

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
Hi everybody,

Once I flash CM7, then boot up for the first time I am not getting any menu options to reboot in to recovery when I press the power button. Therefore I can't flash GAPPS, or have any way to get in to recovery other than ADB. I have not used ADB and find it pretty intimidating. What I am doing wrong that I don't have the menu option to reboot into recovery? I can only reboot or power off. Any help is appreciated.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
Once you flashand have booted back up. Press and hold power. You'll get the option to reboot. Then you should come up with a second window that asks reboot or recovery.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
If that doesn't work then use terminal emulator and type this. Su reboot recovery

·
Android Lover
155 Posts
"scarmon25 said:
Once you flashand have booted back up. Press and hold power. You'll get the option to reboot. Then you should come up with a second window that asks reboot or recovery.

Yep...after selecting "reboot" there is a submenu for recovery or reboot.

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
Thanks for the help on the reboot menu. I can't believe I missed that one. OK, I have another question that has stumped me. I am running CM7 on both my Mesmerize and my Nook Color. Today, I can't download or update any apps from the android market using the market app on both devices. However, when I go to the browser and access the online market on both devices, or on my computer, I can update my apps just fine. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? I am at a loss on this one...

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
Am using the new market on the nook color and the old market on the mesmerize. Having the same problem in both places. Very odd.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
It is possible it may be a market issue. I know it has happened in the past where things like that happen. If it isn't fixed by the morning can try clearing the data on the market under settings>apllications>manage applications.

Tap-a-Talked from my CM7'd Mesmerize :)

·
Android Lover
155 Posts
"scarmon25 said:
It is possible it may be a market issue. I know it has happened in the past where things like that happen. If it isn't fixed by the morning can try clearing the data on the market under settings>apllications>manage applications.

I had a period where almost all Gapps weren't synching due to a Google network issue.

Is it back now, or are you still out?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We might see a final build from jt before it goes to nightlies (where we would simply use rom manager to download the new rom's) but I'm not sure, he's super busy and since the source is available to us (lmartin92 usually can build it for us) i'm sure it's not high on his priority list. I believe lmartin92 has a 7/10 version available for testing in the IRC but that's the last i've seen of it in awhile.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
OMG I would be so gratefulll!!!!! Just knowing its being considered is a great feeling. Thank you for the update. BD. I've been glued to this thread for what's feels like aa month. You guys rock

1 - 20 of 84 Posts