Android OS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Schrödinger's Developer
18 Posts
CyanogenMod for the Vibrant currently contains intermittent issues with the emergency dialing system. I strongly urge you NOT to use CyanogenMod on the Vibrant until they can be fixed.

Help by testing

Code:
<br />
#include <std/disclaimer.h><br />
/*<br />
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear<br />
 * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these directions.<br />
 * YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if you point your finger at<br />
 * me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.<br />
 */<br />
This thread is for the ongoing discussion of CyanogenMod 9 nightlies, nightlies are built "nightly" off of the very latest code that night, for this reason, they are extremely experimental and should be avoided by beginners and people who have important responsibilities tied to the usage of their phone.

Bugs should not be posted to the issue tracker..
Post any issues here, and provide a logcat. The preferred place for you to post logcats for me is on PasteBin, then link to it from here.

Current issues
  • 911, DUH! Read the note at the top.
  • Option to delay lock screen after user presses the power button doesn't work
  • Bluetooth phonebook sync may or may not work. (Let me know!)
  • Some CyanogenMod settings and features are not implemented yet. They are not bugs.

Download links
Removed download links till emergency dialing is fixed.

Installation
From another CM9 nightly
  1. Reboot into recovery
  2. Backup (just in case)
  3. Wipe dalvik cache.
  4. Install from ZIP
  5. Reboot
  6. If it gives you trouble later, wipe cache, and reboot. If it still gives you trouble, do a full wipe, install again and reboot.

From CWM recovery
  1. Reboot into recovery
  2. Backup (just in case)
  3. Wipe data (data/factory reset and cache)
  4. Install from ZIP
  5. Optionally install the Google Apps add-on.
  6. Reboot
  7. Profit.

From stock 2.2 Froyo
WARNING: Don't install if it's your first time flashing a phone!
  1. Install CWM Recovery by following this guide.
  2. Reboot into recovery.
  3. Wipe data, then wipe cache
  4. Install from ZIP.
  5. Optionally install the Google Apps add-on.
  6. Reboot.
  7. Profit.

Reverting to CM7 requires a double flash, once from CM9 CWM, and then from CM7 CWM.

What's new?
You can get a basic overview of new changes here.

QA
Q: What version of Android is this?
A: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.

Q: I can't add my Google account!!
A: Install the Google Apps package from CWM recovery, linked above. This is standard procedure with CyanogenMod ROMs due to licensing issues with Google.

Q: Can you enter service mode with *#*#197328640#*#* like CM7?
A: Yes.

Q: I keep getting "Installation Aborted" error 7
A: Try toggling script asserts in CWM. If that doesn't work, install the Glitch kernel and retry.

Q: Does this have the "tunnel voice" (a.k.a. mute/unmute) issue?
A: Nope! :D

Q: What is this "logcat"?
A: logcat is a logging tool on Android. You can find a few apps on the Play Store to get the log from your phone. (If you're not a techie)

·
MMM DD Bacon
1,212 Posts
CM9 is in the rootz camp . Good to see ya FE

sent from my mind

·
&quot;Retired&quot; Developer
707 Posts
Hey Fault,

Good to see you in this stretch of the woods. How's everything on the CM9 Nightly front?

MP

·
707 Posts
So, what's the reaction to the swap between /emmc (internal sd) and /sdcard (external sd) on the new Nightlies? Are people digging it? I know there's an option to change this.

Reading the backstory on this, it kind of makes sense now why internal and external looked backwards in CWM Recovery. lol

MP

·
Schrödinger&#39;s Developer
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, what's the reaction to the swap between /emmc (internal sd) and /sdcard (external sd) on the new Nightlies? Are people digging it? I know there's an option to change this.

Reading the backstory on this, it kind of makes sense now why internal and external looked backwards in CWM Recovery. lol

MP
Haven't heard much about it.

·
Android Apprentice
91 Posts
any suggestions on a good Kernel for this CM9? I'm a faithful CM users... her for my wife's Vibrant and on my Galaxy Nexus. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
16 Posts
any suggestions on a good Kernel for this CM9? I'm a faithful CM users... her for my wife's Vibrant and on my Galaxy Nexus. Thanks in advance!
The kernel that comes with the ROM is actually pretty good but I prefer SubZero personally. You can find it here. I flashed 80 today but I've been using it since build #34 with great success.

·
707 Posts
The kernel that comes with the ROM is actually pretty good but I prefer SubZero personally. You can find it here. I flashed 80 today but I've been using it since build #34 with great success.
Just an fyi. The modified AriesParts included with my kernels could potentially clash and/or break the integrated advanced settings functionality of CM9.

I haven't quite figured out how I want to tackle this issue just yet. So, I'd you don't need GPS, you're probably better off sticking with the stock kernel.

FaultException's work is top-notch, and GPS can be a bear no matter which kernel one uses.

MP

--
Don't Bro me if you don't know me.

·
Schrödinger&#39;s Developer
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just an fyi. The modified AriesParts included with my kernels could potentially clash and/or break the integrated advanced settings functionality of CM9.

I haven't quite figured out how I want to tackle this issue just yet. So, I'd you don't need GPS, you're probably better off sticking with the stock kernel.

FaultException's work is top-notch, and GPS can be a bear no matter which kernel one uses.

MP

--
You flatter me, but that's 99.99% the other teamhacksung guys though. These are my commits to the kernel.

Are you replacing AriesParts all together? If so, AFAIK the advanced settings menu just starts AriesParts, so if you replace it wholesale, it should work.

·
707 Posts
You flatter me, but that's 99.99% the other teamhacksung guys though. These are my commits to the kernel.

Are you replacing AriesParts all together? If so, AFAIK the advanced settings menu just starts AriesParts, so if you replace it wholesale, it should work.
Good to know. Although, I see Pawitp is very active with updates to AriesParts. Much more so than the AOKP equivalent. So mine will overwrite all his work.

MP
--

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.