Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
68 Posts
VenusX ROM

A DROID 2 Global Custom ROM

Development:Ngocha2006

Current version: VenusX 1.0.2 (9-13-2011)
Based on: DROID 2 Global 4.5.607 [2.3 Gingerbread]

View attachment 2439

IT IS RECOMMENDED TO START CLEAN BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM. SBF USING RSDLITE, THEN UPDATE TO Android 2.3 Gingerbread- 4.5.607 , ROOT, AND INSTALL THIS ROM
Place the file (VenusX 1.0.2 D2G .zip) on your SD Card
Reboot to Clockwork Recovery, using Recovery Bootstrap, found in the Android Market
**** WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET ****
This means WIPE DATA AND CACHE
Choose "install zip from sdcard"
Choose "choose zip form sdcard"
Select the .zip file (VenusX 1.0.2 D2G .zip), install it, and reboot!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits
Motorola - for building this great device and providing a decent Gingerbread base (.607)
Google - for Android, AOSP source code used to compile many apps in this ROM
CyanogenMod Team - for GB source code used to compile many apps in this ROM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changelog in VenusX
Updated system base to .607
Updated Superuser 3.0
Replaced with ADW Launcher
Replaced with Android Calendar
Replaced with File Manager
Replaced with Google Music
Replaced with Android Contacts/Dialer
Replaced with Google Car Home
Google News & Weather
Google Voice Search
Google Search Box
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link: VenusX D2G 1.0.2.zip (Current version:1.0.2 , 9/13/2011)

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Attachments

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
So I just flashed this and all I can say is fast! Is theme chooser supposed to be in this rom? I kept getting fc's from theme chooser but its not in app drawer. Also is this based off apex? It doesn't have some of the things I've come to enjoy from cm7 but camera works and I'm gonna stick with this for a little bit. Are there any themes available?

·
Android Hobbyist
105 Posts
I'm going to wait and see for a few more people to flash this, but I am a little desperate for an AOSP gingerbread-based ROM for my D2G.

·
Average Android
65 Posts
just tried to flash this rom got stuck at the red m logo had to sbf tried it twice bot resulted in an sbf followed directions to the letter updated to .607 rooted installed bootstrap wiped data and cache installed from zip installed fine rebooted boom red m for 30 min

·
Th3ory Mirror Server
269 Posts
bigrob1015 said:
just tried to flash this rom got stuck at the red m logo had to sbf tried it twice bot resulted in an sbf followed directions to the letter updated to .607 rooted installed bootstrap wiped data and cache installed from zip installed fine rebooted boom red m for 30 min
Same issue here

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
ngocha2006 said:
1.0.2 or 1.0.1
1. Update android 2.3 4.5.607
2. Wipe data/factory reset
I was on 4.5.607 and SBF my phone, update to 2.3 again, wipe, install 1.0.2 and got the same bootloop problem.
I'll wait for the next update.

No FC when switching to GSM? (I'm a GSM user)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.