Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 388 Posts

· Wannabe Developer
398 Posts
FactoryROM Presents:

FactoryROM is a new Android Developers group consisting of MyComputerDoctor, orkillakilla, and
our newest member Grand Prix. Our mission is to bring you the finest, most cutting edge Android experience
possible without sacrificing stability. This is our first Major release as a team, and you can
expect a ton of fresh releases from us in the future. Our goal with this particular ROM is to
introduce our customized launcher which has been compiled from source and tweaked to our liking.
This particular launcher is the main component of a Chinese based Android AOSP port called
DianXin OS (which is based on Gingerbread and now ICS). As of right now, we are in the process
of porting this ROM to the Thunderbolt and also the Galaxy Nexus. Please bear with us as we
transition to this new operating system as most of the framework and applications are in Chinese
only. Please offer your thoughts on what you think of this new ecosystem as we continue to
implement changes. So without further ado:

The Electric Factory v2.7
[DianXin OS Sense Port]

Based on HTC Sense 2.11.605.9 Base
DianXin OS Launcher (FactoryROM Exclusive) (Updated in Electric Factory 2.7)
Completely De-Sensed
De-Bloated
De-Odexed
Imonseyon leanKernel v5.1.0
Tweaks to Memory Management
build.prop Tweaks for Speed
Bash Support
init.d Support
Updated lib's for Speed and Smoothness
Custom Battery with Percentage
Expanded 4-in-1 Reboot Menu
Custom FactoryROM theme
Custom Boot Animation
Zipaligned all apk's for Speed
Updated Super User Binary v3.0.3.2
Increased WIFI Scan Interval
Custom Sense 3.0 Lock Ring
File Manager
WIFI Tethering

Version 2.5 Changelog:

Brand New FactoryROM Sense (FactorySense)
Removed Chinese from DianXin OS Propritaries
Added DianXin OS SMS/MMS
Added DianXin OS Dialer
Added DianXin OS Contacts
Updated Lockscreen
Updated Build.prop
Added Brightness Toggle Quicksettings
Added System Volume Toggle in Quicksettings
Added WIFI Hotspot Toggle in Quicksettings
Added Native WIFI Tethering
Added Titanium Backup
A TON for U.I. Graphic Enhancements

Version 2.7 Changelog:

Updated to LATEST DianXin Launcher (Many GREAT Improvements)
Really Neat New Feature - Slide your finger accross the "Page Indicator Bar" above the bottom dockbar for a COOL Surprise!
Added DX-Lockscreen (to add New Lockscreen from Main Launcher Screen hit Menu --> Preferences --> Lock-screen Setting --> Choose Current Lockscreen --> Choose DX Lock-screen --> Profit
Fixed Docking Lockup Issue
Updated Voice Search
Updated Google Search
Updated Gmail
Updated Street View
Updated Flash Player
Added Terminal Emulator
Updated Google Books
Updated Google Maps
Fixed Wifi Tether Issues
Updated SU Binary
Updated MyVerizon
Build.prop Adjustments
Added new File Manager
Various other Fixes

This ROM will have weekly (or more) updates until we feel we have reached perfection

Thanks to the Following People:

- The FactoryROM Crew
- Team BAMF Crew
- Rootzwiki Crew
- DianXin OS Crew

Installation Instructions:
This WILL WIPE your System. Perform Backup.

(1) Wipe Data & Cache
(2) Format System Partition
(3) Wipe Dalvik-Cache
(4) Install
(5) After Installation, Restart System and allow system to build cache

Download Link:

The Electric Factory v2.7

MD5: F145075FF71BBFCB14DF2A8EB6672434

Screen Shots:

· Wannabe Developer
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There will be weekly updates to this ROM and various flavors as far as launchers are concerned. I am just trying to figure out how to tweak the launchers properties so that after a fresh flash everything is already setup the way I want it from the gate.

· Wannabe Developer
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, this looks great; gonna try. Thank you.

EDIT: Pretty cool. Only minor issue I have is I find the font a bit small. Anyway to address that other than changing the theme?
You can download a font changing application for the Market if you like. I am actually working on another version with some new touches. One of which is a different font.

· Wannabe Developer
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This looks neat. I really looking forward to trying it. Thanks for the hard work you put into this. I think you have some good ideas.
I am working on a New Version which should be out in a day or so. This new version will have some UI changes (Go Launcher) and some other goodies. Stay tuned!

· Wannabe Developer
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay folks, this is FactoryROM's first full public release as a group. This ROM is fantasic and there is MUCH more to come with this series. Please comment on
your thoughts. If you like, let us know... If you don't let us know...

Happy Flashing!

· Misanthropic Lamentations
74 Posts
Okay folks, this is FactoryROM's first full public release as a group. This ROM is fantasic and there is MUCH more to come with this series. Please comment on
your thoughts. If you like, let us know... If you don't let us know...

Happy Flashing!
Launcher seems intriguing...folders look cool, and batch adding? Neat-o, nice work bud. Hope to get a chance to try this out soon.

· Wannabe Developer
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Launcher seems intriguing...folders look cool, and batch adding? Neat-o, nice work bud. Hope to get a chance to try this out soon.
There is batch Application adding, and the launcher actually prompts you to add applications to your home screen in batch mode after the initial flash of ROM. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 388 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.