Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
311 Posts
Not sure what is going on with the Superuser and busybox issue. It's not allowing me to fix it. I re-rooted using the D3 One-Click root ADB program and figured that would put the necessary files back in place but it's still a no go on my end. Anybody having this issue? I basically have no root at this moment but I'm still on MIUI oddly.

·
Banned
311 Posts
Bassaholic333 said:
Yeah I was having this problem. Installing Jakes Mod fixes it weirdly enough.
Really now? Well that will be the last time I use his mods till he cleans that up. I basically SBF'ed back to Froyo because I couldn't do a single thing to fix it with several different methods. While I was SBF'ing back to Froyo, I was reading up on a related memo regarding the V6 Supercharger, which would also apply to Jake's mods, and you're suppose to eliminate everything (meaning all traces of the mod) and replace the original busybox in /system/bin. Using the 1.18 version of busybox will be safe enough. I'm not entirely sure if Jake modified the busybox or not. But basically you need to get rid of the Script Manager app, V6 Supercharger, and Jake's mods. Then, following an old school way of rooting, put these files in the respective folders:

Su in /system/bin
busybox in /system/bin
Superuser in /system/app

*fix the permission for each file

After that, you can go ahead and flash the MIUI GB. If not, then you can either do it the ADB way via your computer/laptop or you can SBF back to Froyo to straighten the mess out. All of this should be done before you go flashing the MIUI GB.

·
Banned
311 Posts
I'm still getting superuser errors. In my last post I mentioned that I SBF'ed back to Froyo to start all over again. Rooted with the D3 One-Click method. I'm able to access apps like Root Explorer but it's not allowing me to mount the system once pushing the R/W to R/O. It does nothing. Then I head back over to the Terminal Emulator and type su and get permission denied as usual. Then it keeps telling me I need to enable Superuser by default in the settings of the Superuser app which I don't even see. I've never had any of this trouble before getting Superuser permission and setting everything up.

I checked for location of busybox and su and they are both located in the /system/xbin instead of /system/bin which is fine. This led me to manually try to move original copies of busybox and su to /system/bin instead of /xbin but I cannot do that since it's not allowing me to mount the system in Root Explorer.

I'm out of ideas.

·
Banned
311 Posts
Well, looks like I finally fixed it after a few minutes. I don't know why it kept happening this way but I had the latest Superuser, which I had installed it manually several times, but it kept bringing up an old version of Superuser. I kept trying to update it to a newer one but it kept failing to update. Then oddly it said I had the latest version installed but it didn't look the same as the one I had when on CM7. So I had to go to Root Explorer, do a complete search of Superuser and apparently there was more than 1 old version of Superuser even though I had already put a fresh copy (latest version) on the SD Card. So I just went ahead and deleted every single Superuser.apk I could find. There should have only been 2 (old version and latest version). Once done, I put the latest one on the SD Card, rebooted, reinstalled and it finally came up with the new version.

The problem that kept confusing me was that I did not install the old version, even when Superuser wasn't even installed. I would then install the latest version and kept getting the old version of it. I have no idea why it kept doing that so by deleting all trace of it, it finally allowed the latest version to take over which allowed me to enable Root by default and solve all the problems (even being granted su permission in the Emulator).

What a pain in the arse.

·
Banned
311 Posts
Yeah, I had the newest one (with the Certificate icon) from the beginning. That was the one I was trying to get to install the entire time but, like I said, the older versions kept getting installed and keeping the newest one from coming up. Why it did that is beyond me. It's why I couldn't figure out why I couldn't find the "enable Root" in the Settings till I figured out that I was still on an older version of Superuser no matter how many times I uninstalled it, reinstalled the new one over and over again, lol.

I would recommend people to get rid of all previous Superuser apps before putting a new one on there.

·
Banned
311 Posts
Reposting in this section too....

Yeah if I don't use my phone for a bit then airplane mode kicks in all by itself and will not allow 3G to come back on unless I reboot my phone. Also, if you go to Settings>System it will show Airplane enabled. Disable it, exit out of settings, then go back into settings and system and the damn Airplane mode is enabled yet again. Basically over and over when you disable it and exit, it just enables itself again. I get a few force closes too on random apps. Rather annoying even though everything has originally been wiped clean and no I don't use TiBu anymore. I just do it the hard long way by restoring or redownloading from the Market.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
311 Posts
aceoyame said:
Shit, I think I forgot to copy in the updated build.prop lol... That wont affect anything besides what it reports as
People can edit the build.prop easily with team noobware app. Just let them know what info is suppose to change to what new info.

·
Banned
311 Posts
That's only because the server kicked it off the list after i messed up the files on the server and left it alone for a month while I was making 10.21. I've asked N_I_X to fix the credentials on it but he hasn't yet.
Are you still doing development work for the D2 and D2G? I see 1.11.25 is out for all the other phones, or has been, for the past couple weeks. Somebody mentioned that the D2 will no longer get anymore MIUI and 10.21 or the ICS version is/was the last update D2 will ever get.

·
Banned
311 Posts
Ace, do you need help with the porting? I could take some of the work load off of you if you give me an idea of what can be done to get an active consistent update for the D2. Seems like it's just you doing all this work. I see a ton of good stuff already released in the newer MIUI and would really like to get the ball rolling again for us D2 users. Maybe we can team up to do this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts