Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
86 Posts
"TheSwaggeR said:
Not sure what is going on with the Superuser and busybox issue. It's not allowing me to fix it. I re-rooted using the D3 One-Click root ADB program and figured that would put the necessary files back in place but it's still a no go on my end. Anybody having this issue? I basically have no root at this moment but I'm still on MIUI oddly.
When I was installing TB, I got a message saying to enable root from within superuser, that it was disabled by default. MIUI SuperUser was hard to find until I went back to ADW EX configuration, weird icon on SU. Anyway, works as advertised. Just flipped the toggle.

·
Android Apprentice
86 Posts
"jcatt said:
I've noticed something else thats odd for me, on a fresh install... I'm having problems with the auto brightness not working. Running a sensor test app, shows that the sensor values are changing with adjustments to light levels. But the readings don't seem to be picked up by the system. In the customization screen I get -1 as the sensor value... Is this happening to anyone else?
All autobrightness and backlighting working great for me straight out the box. ! Its probably the first thing you checked, but to be sure... the brigjtness is toggled on right? Sorry, had to ask. Its usually the obvious I overlook.
So far so good, just curious to see overnight/standby battery drain.

·
Android Apprentice
86 Posts
First impression of overnight/standby battery life is good. Of course without 1% battery increments it's hard to tell for sure. I really hope that feature returns soon.
Definately not complaining though, forgot how much I love this rom,(except home launcher which is replaced easy of course).
Thanks to all coninuing development on D2, incl MIUI !

·
Android Apprentice
86 Posts
As I replied to theSwaggeR earlier, but maybe got overlooked..
You do in fact have to enable root privileges in SU. But, I believe it is a DIFFERENT version entirely, not an older version. The app icon looks like a certificate with an award ribbon on it. And it was hard to find it on the default miui home setup. But once I had everything organized with Adw Ex, there it was.
Enabled root, and all good
I actually like this feature, custom rom with ability to secure your phone if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts