Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 204 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
my soft keys also work, sbfed then root with petes tools and installed and lights work fine. also battery has been good, but still havent tested it fully yet.

·
Android Lover
164 Posts
MegaManX said:
my soft keys also work, sbfed then root with petes tools and installed and lights work fine. also battery has been good, but still havent tested it fully yet.
That was my exact method, and they haven't worked at all. I'm talking about soft keys, below the LCD. They're working?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
My soft keys and keyboard backlight stopped after a few reboots. It does go on if the Display pref is open though, so I made a LPP swipe action for the display prefs when I need the keys on. A pain, but definitely not a deal breaker.

·
Android Apprentice
78 Posts
UrbanBounca said:
That was my exact method, and they haven't worked at all. I'm talking about soft keys, below the LCD. They're working?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Are you talking about the physical keyboard or something different? If its the physical keyboard I would try a simple wipe cache and dalvick cache the reflash. If that doesnt work then hopefully this weekends update will fix it.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
MonteCarlo97Z said:
ya my keyboard isnt lighting up will try a wipe of both caches and another install and see...
also installing jakes mods removes root from my phone.. kinda odd lol
You are having the same issue another user is having, I will be looking into it eventually. I haven't done much dev'ing this week since my wife and son are sick. We will have the update friday at least =)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
MonteCarlo97Z said:
ya my keyboard isnt lighting up will try a wipe of both caches and another install and see...
also installing jakes mods removes root from my phone.. kinda odd lol
Jakebytes installs its own version of busybox if im not mistaken

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
! I just realised what you meant by softkeys, a fix will be in next build. If it doesnt work on first install reinstall the build with no wipe and it should work (I had to include it in my barebones (home button and search weren't working but back did)

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
So as I mentioned a couple of posts ago I am on 1.9.9 and still running Froyo.

I am a little hesitant to flash 1.9.23 and deal with all the SBFing stuff as I haven't messed around with it before.

So if there is such a thing, what is the safest/fail safe way to SBF?

What are the main differences between the two versions of MIUI?

Thanks.

·
Android Apprentice
78 Posts
Troutbeck27 said:
So as I mentioned a couple of posts ago I am on 1.9.9 and still running Froyo.

I am a little hesitant to flash 1.9.23 and deal with all the SBFing stuff as I haven't messed around with it before.

So if there is such a thing, what is the safest/fail safe way to SBF?

What are the main differences between the two versions of MIUI?

Thanks.
The Biggest difference is the kernels

froyo kernel = horrible battery life.

GB kernel = very decent battery life.

Now I believe there are less bugs in froyo kernel (1.9.9) but now we have aceoyame porting for us those bugs will be worked on a weekly basis from the way I understand it.

For how toos, search forum, google or youtube.

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
I cant tell you how great it is to have miui back, despite the force closes with handcent and the torch not working i love it. battery life has been great
oh and the only thing i would want back asap is the keyboard lights.. kinda annoying at night trying to type

·
Android Lover
136 Posts
"MonteCarlo97Z said:
I cant tell you how great it is to have miui back, despite the force closes with handcent and the torch not working i love it. battery life has been great
oh and the only thing i would want back asap is the keyboard lights.. kinda annoying at night trying to type
Keyboard lights do work, but are tied to the auto brightness control. If your keyboard lights don't work try this: Go to Settings -> Display-> Auto Brighness Advanced Settings, check the "Use custom levels" then Go to Edit Levels and look at the sensor data on the top of the page. If its not showing correctly, like -1 or stuck at a number no mater the level. Then your auto brightness is borked... Wipe and try again. I had to, found out that TI was breaking it in the restore of my apps....

If this seems a little off, I'm going from memory....

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Also, I know this isnt just a MIUI issue, but my mac address cycles every time WiFi switches, and as we use a MAC Filter at home this is problematic. Is there any known fix for this?

41 - 60 of 204 Posts