Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Carbon / Miui.us Developer
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have added the new libs, apps, framework from the defy to Ace's miui 1.9.23 to make the new 1.9.30 as he told me how to update it for you guys cause his computer's Broken :erm:

Bugs:
Only bug so far i've found is the torch bug, but any other torch app will work

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1K4XAYS7

Hope you guys Enjoy!

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
downloading now. i'll let you guys know how it goes. i'm coming from the 1.9.16.1 build for the dx! haha. i know i'm on the d2. but that one has worked better then 1.9.23 for me. (plus i don't really do 23s)

will post soon.

·
Android Apprentice
92 Posts
tomanow said:
Is it recommended to wipe before install? Has anyone tested this? Thank you so much for porting!
As with any rom, unless your on the same exact rom, you have to wipe data, cache partition and dalvik cahce in CWM before flashing any "new" rom.

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
Stable for the most part aside from already known bugs.
Widgets seemed to have stopped working correctly.
Gallery widget just won't show the picture and extended controls doesn't seem to load at all.

Reflashing now.

·
Average Android
148 Posts
Is miui just full of bugs or just these droid2 ports? It just seems like every port for the d2 has some bug that makes it unusable... Auto brightness doesn't work and wifi looses connection as soon as I try to download anything or any type of traffic. Any why don't half the widgets I used in the last version work?

edit: if I set wifi to use a static ip it doesn't disconnect.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
The keyboard backlight can be fixed in advanced autobrightness settings. Set custom numbers for the keyboard and buttons first two rows to be 255. This will fix keyboard backlight. Also, I have yet to experience any connection problems with this version.

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
what do your top values say? mine are all -1 at the top and the first two rows that can be changed are set to 255 for keyboard.. its a sensor problem

·
Android Apprentice
78 Posts
Okay I now have no keyboard backlight. No Wifi. Some of my widgets are no longer working... Going to try a complete wipe. If that doesnt work back to last build.

But on the positive note, my battery is insanely good now. Unless the battery indicator is broke too...LOL

Okay wiped everything and formatted system. No changes. Battery does seem alot better then last build. Cant wait for the fixes.

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
well i took the chance and flashed 1.9.30 after wiping data and everythings working good.. i didnt have the -1 values on extended settings so i was able to fix the keyboard backlight... so far so good! i would really like to get rid of the verizon logo on the top

·
Android Apprentice
78 Posts
[quote name='MonteCarlo97Z']well i took the chance and flashed 1.9.30 after wiping data and everythings working good.. i didnt have the -1 values on extended settings so i was able to fix the keyboard backlight... so far so good! i would really like to get rid of the verizon logo on the top[/QUOTE

are you using any widgets? if you are, are they acting normal?

how did you fix your keyboard?

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
ok.. idk what the **** just happend.. but i was reading yall posts about the keyboard and the backlights on my board just cut on.. im on the previous build though. and running D2G any word on bluetooth?

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
restoring system settings from the MIUI backup app bootloops my phone

also, flashing jakesmod nuked it, stuck on moto logo. I'm SBFing now, got the OTA on SD for flashing from recovery

·
Android Apprentice
86 Posts
"tomanow said:
The keyboard backlight can be fixed in advanced autobrightness settings. Set custom numbers for the keyboard and buttons first two rows to be 255. This will fix keyboard backlight. Also, I have yet to experience any connection problems with this version.
Thanks for the info, worked perfect!
Lesson here is what is sometimes perceived as a bug is really just needing to know where to look.
Running smooth, great connectivity,good battery...
Thanks to all involved!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts