Android OS Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Please excuse my earlier 'complaining'. My issue was with Firefox. I could not download the bloated (stock) deodexed version using Firefox. Using Internet Exploder I was successful.:tongue3:

·
I Came, I Flashed, I Conquered
221 Posts
pedwards3x said:
From many other people P3Droid's toolbox will cause issues with the battery MOD. To fix it check out the MOD thread and I posted intructions there Battery MOD Thread
Thanks, got it going!!!

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
I flashed my D3 to the debloated version, and Im wondering, how can I get the stock messaging application back? I actually liked it.

Wasnt aware it was removed in the debloated version.

So let me know if this is right, I located the System Dump and copied all the applicable apk's and odex's back to my system/app folder with Root explorer allowing R/O rights to the folder...then rebooted...that okay?

·
U.S. MARINE SEMPER FI
178 Posts
Do u have the deodexed messaging app

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Can we get a patch for those who want the OE Messenging and Swype?

that was the only reason I SBF'd to stock cause I hate Handcent and the normal virtual keyboard

·
U.S. MARINE SEMPER FI
178 Posts
Where are the deodexed apk.s that came from this... QUOTE=xlxfoxxlx;153204]nope your gonna need the deodexed .apks for the app you want to copy back.[/QUOTE]

·
Developer
260 Posts
Hello pedwards3x!

I was testing this ROM in Safestrap and noticed that you have some extraneous files in the /system/etc/rootfs folder of your ROMs. When Safestrap boots up, and performs it's hijack it will take any files in that directory and place them at the / of the FS. Meaning this ROM as it is right now can't be used in Safestrap. :/

Also, there is a 2nd-init binary in the /system/bin folder. While this doesn't affect Safestrap at all, it's not part of the stock system and you may want to remove it.

Thanks in advance. I'd love for users of Safestrap to be able to use ROMs based off of these files.

[ EDIT 11/05 ] Originally I thought the line in the update-script where it mounts /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 as /system wasn't being handled correctly. But with testing I was able to confirm that Safestrap is redirecting that command to /preinstall like it should.

·
Android Apprentice
86 Posts
I'm trying to make my own simple deodex package that overwrites /system/app and /system/framework only, rather than wiping and reinstalling the entire /system. So far the .apk files are being overwritten with no problem, but have not been able to remove the .odex files using the updater-script to call an sh script "remove_odex.sh".

*edit*
it wasn't working because safestrap has custom scripts disabled.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts