Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on trying to remove blur from the x2 for a little while now. The aosp contacts/dialer and phone are now working. The dialer needs resized for qHD so do not comment on that the dialer is small, that will be fixed later on. If someone would like to work on the cosmetics of the aosp contacts, dialer that would be awesome. You can thank nitwit at xda for the new bootanimation.

I have started a new thread on this so this does clutter up the existing thread(s).

The main issue at hand is the market. Downloading any apps from the market will not work.I am sure it is something easy but I just need a fresh pair of eyes on it.

Here is a download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?yu67izei3w82kp0

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Finally home and downloading now. I wonder if the market issue is related to something with the sdcard flip-flop somehow (I know it was actually implemented in 0.5). I'll see more when I get it installed, but maybe something's up with where the market stores its cache.

Also, have you done anything special with the actual phone.apk itself? Looking at just working with an aosp phone.apk from an aosp sensation rom (qhd).

edit1: So I can even attempt to launch an install from market.android.com on a computer and the phone attempts....just fails. Makes me think it's a permissions issue...just can't write what its supposed to download for some reason.

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
"nitroglycerine33 said:
I have been working on trying to remove blur from the x2 for a little while now. The aosp contacts/dialer and phone are now working. The dialer needs resized for qHD so do not comment on that the dialer is small, that will be fixed later on. If someone would like to work on the cosmetics of the aosp contacts, dialer that would be awesome. You can thank nitwit at xda for the new bootanimation.

I have started a new thread on this so this does clutter up the existing thread(s).

The main issue at hand is the market. Downloading any apps from the market will not work.I am sure it is something easy but I just need a fresh pair of eyes on it.

Here is a download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?yu67izei3w82kp0
I'm not at home so I can't test anything right now but I have a couple ideas for the market issue.

Google talk is linked to the market, try clearing it's data/cache. Also see if there is a newer/older version that might work.

It's obvious but try clearing data & cache for market updater too, market updater *might* have blur ties as well perhaps a AOSP version is needed.

Make sure .android_secure is empty, check both sdcards.

Last thing I can think of off the top of my head, run this command after su in terminal, or use a root privilege file manager to delete it.

rm /mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec

Good luck, I'll try to do some trouble shooting later tonight.

Cheers

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
juhde said:
I'm not at home so I can't test anything right now but I have a couple ideas for the market issue.

Google talk is linked to the market, try clearing it's data/cache. Also see if there is a newer/older version that might work.

It's obvious but try clearing data & cache for market updater too, market updater *might* have blur ties as well perhaps a AOSP version is needed.

Make sure .android_secure is empty, check both sdcards.

Last thing I can think of off the top of my head, run this command after su in terminal, or use a root privilege file manager to delete it.

rm /mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec

Good luck, I'll try to do some trouble shooting later tonight.

Cheers
Just ran through all this. FYI in /mnt/secure/asec/ the file smdl2tmp1.asec isn't there at all.

edit: btw this looks like it is going to be an amazing rom. Nitro has really outdone himself this time.

·
Android Beginner
18 Posts
Flashed the Rom then had to leave the house. Hopefully I will be home soon cause I have no apps on my phone and its driving me crazy.

·
Average Android
72 Posts
Just wanna update real quick. Been running this yesterday evening, flashed with no wipe (twitter-txbeaner) been running real smooth. But have had a couple minor issues. Occasionally the green led light on top of the screen will come on when screen is unlocked & stay on until screen is locked & off again. I rebooted & hasn't happened since this morning. Another issue is sometimes pages don't fully load when using the browser. Just every once in awhile. Those are the only things I've noticed so far. Other than that it really seems great. Thanks for all your work on this!

EDIT: I'm now getting a dim green led light when I lock my screen. Reboot & it shuts off. Also the & key is showing & on the keyboard. Gonna go back to v.5 & wait for the next update.

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
So I just flashed the test build, did you fix the market issue? I'm able to install apps no problem.

I didn't wipe anything, just installed over v.5. Adw ex did give me a little trouble, but with a little titanium backup magic I got it working. I installed from the market, used tibu to covert to a system app, restored app+ data and rebooted. Smooth sailing now.

Everything looks great nitro, love the camera too!

Good job sir.

EDIT:
Turns out I spoke to soon, I'm unable to install paid apps. Logcat shows a PID error.

·
Android Lover
218 Posts
Market From Gapps For CM7 Doesn't Work.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
juhde said:
Nitro, any way to add AOSP gingerbread battery stats in? I like that damn graph lol.
I am sure that it could be done. I want to get past the market issue before I move on with this version though.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Just want to say I love this ROM! I've been an early adopter of all your ROM's and have never had any desire to leave any of them! I flashed over from eclipse 0.5 and love this!

I am also having the market issue but was able to restore everything thru TiBu without a hitch. I have 275mb free with this ROM!! Also had q scores over 3k!

I also found a couple symbol keys are messed up on the keyboard. Both keys are & and work just fine but they are messed graphically.

Thank you for your fine work!

·
Registered
982 Posts
I flashed the rom last night, Factory reset, kill cache's etc, then went to restore, advance, data, and it kept bootlooping :(. I need to be able to restore data, i have my school email on it which is a pain in the @$$ to setup, Once that can be fixed, i'll have a new daily :D, also any way to get blur alarm clock on there? ( If no i'll find a way to side load :D),

FROM WHAT I SEE I CAN STATE THAT NITRO IS THE MAN, HIS ROM'Z ARE THE BOMB, AND KEEP ON THE EPIC WORK

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The blur alarm clock relies on the blur framework which is no longer there.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
I just installed this test version and so far so good. the only problem is the obvious market issue. other than that im averaging about 200mb free at all times and i love the aosp feel and look, reminds me of the OG Droid days.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts