Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pure Awesome / Developer / Badass / Occasional Dou
17 Posts
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

THIS IS NOT SAMSUNG TOUCHWIZ AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
Code:
<br />
#include <std_disclaimer.h><br />
/*<br />
* Your warranty is now void.<br />
*<br />
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,<br />
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please<br />
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM<br />
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if<br />
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.<br />
*/<br />
This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

Source is @ http://github.com/EpicCM

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
-- WATCH THIS VIDEO IF LAZY --
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Epic (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery
-
PLEASE. if you haven't done so, update your CWM before attempting to install this update.zip, otherwise, you might have a sweet paperweight.
Downloads:
Download Odin flashable CWM here
Download CWM flashable CWM here
MD5: 0e0d7cb6faa546ace973835f5eeccc03
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

*Coming soon* Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE UPDATE.ZIP BELOW
FLASH THIS BEFORE: http://dl.dropbox.co...367/gotorfs.zip

Download Link
MD5: e6a8676e88c44bbad5c958b2bacad2e8 update-cm-7.1.0-Epic-KANG-1114-signed.zip

GAPPS
Download google applications

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

The current buglist:
Outbound calls initiated from a bluetooth handsfree kit do not wake the phone
Charging notification LED does not light until full charge is reached
WiFi is unstable
Overlay for Video Recording
Video playback for certain encoders
Wimax

Other than those (relatively) minor bugs, this rom is nearing a somewhat completion.

New Changes
- Latest upstream merges
- Updated with EI22 modules
- WIFI stack should be IDENTICAL to stock
- Merges to kernel by nubecoder and mkasick
- New cpu governors
- Reboot to recovery works
- A bunch of other things

Changes:
- Updated prebuilt modules
- Compiled kernel from source MAJOR THANKS to mkasick and Rodderick
- Fixed torch overlay
- Fixed MMS overlay
- Fixed incoming call routing
- Fixed mic feedback/whistling
- Adjusted APN for MMS - receiving works, sending fixed
- Fixed application notification LED based on a tip from DRockstar
- Fixed haptic feedback with a patch from jt1134
- Synced with CM sources as of 10/21

I recommend using the EH17 modem.
Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom is a result of many tiring hours from myself, jt1134, Uberpinguin, nullghost, dameon78, wispofattes, DRockstar, and many many other contributors.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Hey Deca, I'm having some pretty slow screen rotation, almost as if I need to run the sensorcalibutil_yamaha from TE, but its not in system/bin. I tried to push it with root explorer, but its asking for other stuff too and I dont want to break anything. Any suggestions?

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
Really love CM7 on my Touchpad so I tried this one out on my Epic 4G. While it worked great, it just seem to be missing some functionality that I was used to and some minor issues. Main thing was 4G not working and the battery working getting really hot.

Would love to have all my toys running CM7 so I'm looking forward to the next update for my Epic.

·
Android Beginner
39 Posts
Installed this ROM and its very snappy and smooth. I dont think ive come across any other ROM as quick and clean install. Great Job to everyone involved and devoting their restless nights and efforts to make this possible for the Epic 4g. I thought this day will never come.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.