Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is a CM7 nightly build with some extra cherry-picks directly from Gerrit. These extras are merely features/changes that have been submitted for inclusion in the nightly builds, but may or may not ever be officially merged.

BE PREPARED FOR FEATURES TO OCCASIONALLY GET BORKED!!!

If you are unsure how to apply official CM7 builds to your phone, then this is not the place to begin.

More device-builds, kernels, and boot-animations can be found directly at #EUROSKANK

For a more thorough list of merged commits feel free to browse @CMSRC or Nightly Device Changelog

CURRENT CHERRY-PICKS

Options:
  1. Download here: PLEASE BRICK MY PHONE
  2. Follow my twitter for build announcements and link(most accurate way because it's automatic)

All credit goes to cyanogen, #teamdouche, #teamhacksung, and the coders who submit to Gerrit. Thank you to @RyanMacG for providing Euroskank hosting.

If I notice anything specific to Fascinate, I will grab it and rely on feedback to help determine success or failure. Most cherry-picks apply equally to all devices....(most of the time). If it works on one, it will generally work on the rest.

Full disclosure: I do not own a fascinate. I currently own a Nexus One, Nexus S, and Galaxy Nexus (CDMA), and run the exact same builds with the exact same cherry-picks as my daily driver. In other words.....I really need my phone to WORK!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yay, it's on rootzwiki now!

Sent from a Fascinating CM7 Skanky Kang via Tapatalk
Seemed appropriate ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWikI

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Current build drops market filter pick and that seems to correct the recent SMS issue.

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
I am having an issue where the included CWM 5 is not able to mount my sdcard. Odining cwm_4 fixed for cm7 over it allows me to read my sd card, but installing gapps did not take although there were no erros. And of course it reverted back to cwm 5 upon boot. I am using the stock 16Gb sandisk class 4

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am having an issue where the included CWM 5 is not able to mount my sdcard. Odining cwm_4 fixed for cm7 over it allows me to read my sd card, but installing gapps did not take although there were no erros. And of course it reverted back to cwm 5 upon boot. I am using the stock 16Gb sandisk class 4
That's pretty bizarre. Are you using stock kernel? Have you tried other sdcards? I'm not sure that cwm 4.x ever did a great job of flashing gapps, but my memory might just be a bit fuzzy. Did you try re-downloading the kang and reflashing? Bad dl's actually happen from time to time.

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
I coudln't use any kernel at all, I've only seen this boot once, and that was flashing it over the CM ICS build 3 with full wipe, once I booted back into recovery the first time to install gapps, it started giving me the SD card error, The only other SD card i have laying around is a 512mb
, or the one in the Inc2 that my wife is now using because I got tired of her gripe about the fascinate lol..

After the fit, I odin'd back to EC09 and started over, but still got the same results when trying to flash this (even after re-DL), but can flash the ICS build 2/3 just fine. there is a difference in the version of CWM, however small though.

·
Android Apprentice
397 Posts
I coudln't use any kernel at all, I've only seen this boot once, and that was flashing it over the CM ICS build 3 with full wipe, once I booted back into recovery the first time to install gapps, it started giving me the SD card error, The only other SD card i have laying around is a 512mb , or the one in the Inc2 that my wife is now using because I got tired of her gripe about the fascinate lol..

After the fit, I odin'd back to EC09 and started over, but still got the same results when trying to flash this (even after re-DL), but can flash the ICS build 2/3 just fine. there is a difference in the version of CWM, however small though.
Question..have you been using the EC09 leak to repartition and go back to stock? If so, that build is notorious for frying sdcards.
~~~~There is no spoon~~~~

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
no actually it's PWGB, I use it for a return to stock now just for a jumper.

·
Supporting Member
184 Posts
Bit the bullet, could no longer stay on 112 and had to give in to my flashing needs. Imagination or not, screen seems crisper, phone a tad faster.

·
The Lost Junglist
602 Posts
Bit the bullet, could no longer stay on 112 and had to give in to my flashing needs. Imagination or not, screen seems crisper, phone a tad faster.
You won't be disappointed, Makelegs does a good job pickin cherries and cookin bacon.

edit: The newest Glitch kernel (13.1) runs smooth as butter on this. I definitely suggest giving it a try!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, guys.....can anyone confirm absolutely that there is no TV-out function right now? There still seems to be some Dev confusion regarding which Aries devices DO and DO NOT actually have the capability built onto the board. I was under the impression that captivate has it, but fascinate does not. Some are under the impression that they all use essentially the same board.

Nevertheless....I added the fascinate-specific libtvout pick just to try it one last time. I'm not even sure what kinda cord you need, but I figured somebody might have one to test.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Supporting Member
103 Posts
I have to say that this flavor of cm7+ glitch13 has been extremely stable and satisfying for me.

Good speed, good battery life, solid stability, very few airplane toggles.

I'm loving it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
New build up with a couple of new picks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Supporting Member
184 Posts
Only issue I have found is that the kindle app will not work depending on how I have the Glitch kernel set for volting and oc'ing. Can't do anything above 1300 (just like the kernel in the build). Other than that this puppy flies.

Darn, just saw the 1-07 build....time to flash!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts