Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Developer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fission Atrix AOSP+

Disclaimer - Screen grabs are from Inspire ROM but looks and functions are the same on Atrix ROM. Will get Atrix specific screen grabs on next break from lab.

Credit:
Moto for finally unlocking bootloader, thanks :grin:
Google and Motorola for making a good base.
Cyanogen for code for enhancements.
LorDModUE for current kernel on Inspire 4G ROM.

What is AOSP+?
ROM was compiled using AOSP code with a few CM modifications built in to code. Reboot, Profiles and couple of other CM enhancements are used. Other than the CM enhancements ROM is pure AOSP 2.3.4 GB source.

What needs to get done before release:
Work out some major bugs on Fission Atrix ROM :-D
Compile my own enhanced kernel
Incorporate a couple of more CM enhancements. Lockscreen settings into AOSP settings app.

If you would like to help beta test ROM then please leave private message on this forum. Please allow me a few days to get back to you. Lots of work needs to be done on a few different devices :-D

Thanks!

More info and vid will come as ROM gets closer to release.

This ROM will be ported as a modified version to DX and D2. D2G too if 2nd int is working on it.

·
I v0id warran7ies
94 Posts

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
This is awesome I can't wait to try it on my Atrix and I am ready to beta test this ROM for you if you like ;)

·
I v0id warran7ies
94 Posts
Dorian said:
How is this based on Inspire software? The hardware is completely different...
The OP just wanted to give us a look of the ROM. I think he is making it from the scratch for the Atrix. Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
there is no thanks button.. I am not used too this forum haha Thank you very much, I look forward with anticipation to the release of this seemingly amazing ROM :)

One thing that may however turn me away is if this ROM does not support the fingerprint sensor.. I find it to be one of the most useful (and unique) features of the phone and wouldn't want to lose it. :/

·
I v0id warran7ies
94 Posts
DarkRyoushii said:
there is no thanks button.. I am not used too this forum haha Thank you very much, I look forward with anticipation to the release of this seemingly amazing ROM :)
there is a +1 button on the top right of the first post ..hope that helps. :)

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
It would be nice to get a proper screen capture to work on the Atrix , could that be resolved with the use of the new custom roms ?

·
I v0id warran7ies
94 Posts
holtenc said:
maybe what he means by "proper" is not having to have root in order to utilize it.
That I guess has been implemented in GB and will be added soon in upcoming CM builds as mentioned by Cyanogen on Google +

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
thanks for replying , , but i think its time to get back on track with the topic , i dont want to Hijack the op's post

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
very willing to help test this out! just keep us informed

1 - 20 of 35 Posts