Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
62 Posts
First before anyone says anything, yes I know that there is another post for 2.11.605.2 rooted that has been shared. This was created for myself actually after wanting to learn a bit about how to use the kitchen, but then I had gone and actually downloaded Grnlantern79's rooted RUU and noticed that while it was said to be deodexed, there were still odex files. So because I was already doing this for myself, here it is.

Also I liked many of the tweaks that jdkoreclipse had made on his 2.10.605.1 rooted RUU and used that as a template (including the debloating) for what I have here.

So to jdkoreclipse's credit, I have included the following tweaks:
jdkoreclipse said:
Features:
Rooted
Removed ALL apps generally considered bloat (DEBLOAT VERSION ONLY)
Deodexed
Zipaligned
Bash
Nano
sysro/sysrw
All market apps moved to data/app
HTC skins moved to data/app
Wifi scan interval increased to 2 minutes
Vm heap upped to 48m
Also updated hosts via the Mr.X kitchen plugin.
Added Superuser 3.0 beta 4.
Changed GPS timeserver to the US-only for faster GPS satellite locking.

Flash this through Recovery after a full wipe like any other ROM.

Bloated download (updated 9/24/2011 12:57am EDT)
http://www.multiupload.com/1BH4HXDZ2H
MD5: 0AF4657C0866D7525E13E95CE33178A8

Debloated download: (updated 9/24/2011 1:35am EDT)
http://www.multiupload.com/WZ5KT48KP8
MD5: 89795EB5AB9930F228A32C0D69B41878

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
Running good so far. Seems smooth and responsive. I am surprised we are not hearing more about a release date for GB on the TB with how well these leaks are coming along.

·
Android Apprentice
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
miketoasty said:
Running good so far. Seems smooth and responsive. I am surprised we are not hearing more about a release date for GB on the TB with how well these leaks are coming along.
Especially since the excuse before was that the radio was the problem. And when you see a new leak come out and there is NO changes to the radio, you just have to wonder if it's because there was a critical bug found in the previous version or the radio has tested well in their labs at this time and had no necessary changes needed.

·
Android Apprentice
58 Posts
Anyone else having the market app install issue, did you try clearing cache from manage apps -> all apps in the settings?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Soon as I get a moment I'll check again, but I had actually downloaded and installed both Titanium Backup and Titanium Backup Pro earlier to verify root was working. So I had both a free and paid app install no problem.

·
Android Apprentice
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
madjokeer said:
Anyone else having the market app install issue, did you try clearing cache from manage apps -> all apps in the settings?
madjokeer, was it working fine for you or no?

·
Average Android
148 Posts
Going to load this up and report back w/ any problems. If any that is. I'm a sucker for stock.

·
Average Android
148 Posts
I think blackhawk5177's problem was not with the market, but with Flash itself. Flash would not install for me. I'd get an error but all otther market apps I installed worked just fine.

Was able to get Flash installed by deleting the apk in /system, rebooting and then installing it from the market.

·
Android Apprentice
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ameshican said:
I think blackhawk5177's problem was not with the market, but with Flash itself. Flash would not install for me. I'd get an error but all otther market apps I installed worked just fine.

Was able to get Flash installed by deleting the apk in /system, rebooting and then installing it from the market.
Which ROM were you using?

·
Android Apprentice
58 Posts
DeTard said:
madjokeer, was it working fine for you or no?
Yes it was, I wiped device 2x all the time, maybe that made a difference, also mounted the system and formatted it

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One thing that is also possible ... did you enter your Google login information immediately at the setup? I have found weird things with some ROMs (including official) where if I do that and tell it not to backup my settings to Google, it does anyhow. And then it pulls bad data from Google as a result of the auto recovery option. Any more, I make sure I skip the setup first off, go into Settings -> Privacy, and disable those options. Afterward, I go ahead and setup my Google account. Sometimes I go back and check it right away to make sure it doesn't get switched on after setting my account info (have had that problem once in the past that resulted in me needing to wipe again).

·
Android Apprentice
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Think I've got this all worked out. Uploading bloated ROM right now, and will upload debloated afterward if possible tonight. Sadly, my upload speed is horrendous.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts