Android OS Forum banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

· Developer
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Buzzkill said:
Google video no go...and weather clock temp drops out every time I open up anything. Used 3.0.weather..Damn fantastic Rom
Google video doesn't work on rooted devices.
As for the weather goes, are you using genii v2.4.8, this is a must for the weather mods to work.

Sent while tapping my ThunderStick on a bolt of lightning...

· Android Beginner
1 Posts
I am trying to upgrade from 2.4.6 to 2.4.8. I am running with the 3d rom as well.
When I upgrade to the new .8 rom, after reboot I see my wallpaper, but when I hit the power button to wake and log in, I see a single frame from the boot animation and no lock screen. I can see the notification bar. Nothing is accessible on the screen.

When I receive a txt message and the popup from handcent pops, I can long press the power and reboot fine... I can even see the screen behind (the location notification) however I cannot access anything.

When I am running the 3d addon rom, should I upgrade to that directly? or should I be running the 2.4.8 first? Is there a reason I cannot see the lock screen to log in? I want to upgrade but I dont wanna wipe...

any clues?

· Developer
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
NamantH said:
I am trying to upgrade from 2.4.6 to 2.4.8. I am running with the 3d rom as well.
When I upgrade to the new .8 rom, after reboot I see my wallpaper, but when I hit the power button to wake and log in, I see a single frame from the boot animation and no lock screen. I can see the notification bar. Nothing is accessible on the screen.

When I receive a txt message and the popup from handcent pops, I can long press the power and reboot fine... I can even see the screen behind (the location notification) however I cannot access anything.

When I am running the 3d addon rom, should I upgrade to that directly? or should I be running the 2.4.8 first? Is there a reason I cannot see the lock screen to log in? I want to upgrade but I dont wanna wipe...

any clues?
If coming from 3d you have to wipe.
If going to 3d you have to wipe.
There is no 3d add on. It is a whole new ROM, based of an old leak and us not compatible with 2.4.8.
When first starting 2.4.8, the first boot, allow it about five minutes to do its thing before using.

· Android Apprentice
14 Posts
ThunderStick said:
Google video doesn't work on rooted devices.
As for the weather goes, are you using genii v2.4.8, this is a must for the weather mods to work.

Not true...running sense ROM with working Google video chat at this very moment...

Other than that this ROM is all that is man

· Developer
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·

· Developer
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Buzzkill said:
Not true...running sense ROM with working Google video chat at this very moment...

Other than that this ROM is all that is man
Video chat is different than google video though. Chat is something that was broke in 2.11.605.3, now fixed in the latest build.
google video is refering, I think anyway, to googles video on demand service.

· Registered
2 Posts
This is my first post and my first time using a Rom on my phone and I chose Thunderstick.. :)

I have used Revolutionary and then added 2.11.605.5. All seems good but I still have a few questions.
I was already at 2.11.605.5 using the RUU.

1) If I want to add a battery meter, locking screen etc.. After I download the .zip file do I use recovery to flash it?
2) Where is VVM? I look in the app launcher and it is not there. I do see the .apk in the /system/app directory.

I want to thank Thunderstick for all your work.. This Rom is GREAT!!! I am loving my Tbolt for the first time since purchase.
Have had many problems with these bad updates.

Keep up the GREAT work!! Please..

--mcannon-gso

· Developer
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
I see there is an update to 2.5.2. What all is included in this update? I'm really happy on 2.5.1 and want to know before I take the plunge!

Thanks,

Larry
The kernel is updated to imoseyen 5.0.0.

· Registered
1 Posts
I just installed ththis threads version of thunderstick on 2 tbolts. one running gingeritis and one on another rom (not my phone don't remember which rom). My tbolt all set everything working, other is missing the htc clock from the widget screen. My phone has tons more widgets by default than this other tbolt. Any suggestions or updates that will bring back htc clock in the widget screen? Thanks, absolutely LOVING this rom

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

difference is tbolt with htc clock widget has baseband of 1.39.00.0528w, 0.01.69.0602w_1 tbolt that does not have htc clock widget has baseband of 1.39.00.0627r, 0.01.69.0625r how can update this baseband with thunderstick already installed

101 - 117 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.