Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Developer
67 Posts
Many of you are familiar with my work on the OG Droid and DroidX. This is my first TB rom - so please be gentle :tongue3:. It is based on jcase's Gingerjane 1.3, which is a 2.01.605.0 build. Gingerbread 2.3.4, Sense 2.1. It comes with nerozehl's dream kernel 2.3.6 which is forked from imeyoson and has added features. Go HERE to read all about it (permission was requested from nerozehl).

This took a LONG time for me to get ready, as I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, and there was a LOT of theming to do. On my AOSP rom's I have had a fair bit of help from some talented people on that end of things - with this rom I did it all myself (and that may become apparent, lol!).

I typically like to build AOSP rom's straight from source code (using CM7 as my base), as I have quite a few personal tweaks in framework. However, since RIL is different for the TB, I haven't had time to go through Slayher's code and try to merge into framework - hence I have created this Sense-based ROM (which a few prefer anyway!). That being said - there will be some of you that just will NOT like this rom!

I have included a few apps in the data partition as well - this means you can uninstall using normal means.

NOTE: IF you get 'system process not responding' when it first boots up - seems to be related to the kernel. Try to flash imoseyon's kernel and boot up. Should work then. At that point you should be able to flash nerozehl's kernel again and it should work (if you want to run that one).

As far as I know (I have had only 2-3 people test it) - everything works. Feel free to mirror this if you hear others complain of slow downloads. Please post up any bugs you might find within this thread!

Simply Stunning TB 0.2 BETA

------------------------------------------

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you like my work and would like to get me a beer in thanks (I like beer ), it is much appreciated: Paypal

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
No offense, so please don't take it that way...
Your ROM is 2/3 the size of most Sense based ROMs.
I've tried damn near all of them, and they come in from the lightest 280MB to the normal 300 to 320.
Yours is 220...

What the secret? :)

Gonna try it now.

Can you post an MD5?
Wiped data, cache and dalvik and formatted system in mounts/storage.

FC right off the bat. Bad download perhaps?

·
Developer
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good question! I have stripped out what I have seen in other minimalistic ROM's - that being said, you MIGHT find something missing you expect or need - so let me know if you find that to be the case!

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
Weird...
Ok Chevy, I flashed it again...and now I got to the lockscreen. I'm letting it settle...and gonna setup the phone. Would you rather me PM you and not clutter up your thread...or keep it all here?

I'm fine with either way!

·
Developer
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dajogejr said:
Weird...
Ok Chevy, I flashed it again...and now I got to the lockscreen. I'm letting it settle...and gonna setup the phone. Would you rather me PM you and not clutter up your thread...or keep it all here?

I'm fine with either way!
For now, go ahead and post here - IF you see I'm getting overwhelmed and you're not getting a response - send me a PM and link to the page where your question is :)

·
The GMan
113 Posts
Definitely testing this out tonight. Thanks!

·
BAMF wh0re
617 Posts
glad to see you on the TB Chevy...loved your ROMs on my D1...cant wait to flash this later this week. thanks for the hard work

·
Android Addict
900 Posts
Dude its Chevy! lol i literally said that out loud seeing this thread. Will flash this one. Just one question...why didnt u use the newest build?

·
Rocket Sauce
143 Posts
I'm not a fan of sense, but I'll give anything from Chevy a try. Props and thank you!

Sent from Thor's hammer!

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
Can't wait to try it out. I remember back in the OG days you were one of the first to even get live wallpapers working on the OG.. This will be awesome.. Thanks Chevy.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Omg... Ive been waiting in wonderment whether or not there would be a SS for the Tbolt... And here it is... Cant wait to download later! Still the daily driver for my OG Droid!

Sent from my ThunderBolt using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 20 of 99 Posts