Android OS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Developer
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BAMF GingerStripped v2.1

Back by popular demand, I bring you BAMF GingerStripped. I had numerous requests for a GB version of Stripped so I thought it was time to hook you guys up. Just remember guys, this is an alpha leaked build, there will always be bugs until we get either get a new leak or an OTA. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I like provdining it for you. :) Also, every penny of your support is greatly appreciated. Extremely long hours go into development of this stuff, any and all support is appreciated!! If you would like to aid in our relationship counseling and beer fund, please do!

ThatDudeButch: Donate
Adrynalyne: Donate
Trident: Donate
-=FEATURES=-
  • Initial release based off of my GingerRemix base with all its features
  • Virtually all sense bits have gone bye bye. Lockscreen and Weather intact by popular demand. No shortcuts on home screen, would have had to leave a good bit of sense intact.
  • Minimal additional apps, if you want them, hit up the Market!
  • Sexy Rosie launcher by default
  • Source built Nexus S libs added
  • Updated Netflix to latest version
  • Boot animation and shutdown animation by TDB
  • World famous nuked pulldown header and relocated and resized clear button by TDB
  • Fully themed UI by TDB
  • Dialer by ZHP Pilot
  • HUGE Toolkit Update By Trident!!!
  • New user interface
  • CPU Settings
  • Spare Parts
  • Terminal Emulator
  • LTE Settings
  • Configure I/O scheduler
  • Mount system
  • Mount system at boot
  • Block or show ads
  • Enable or disable boot sound
  • Enable or disable boot animation
  • Enable or disable sense lockscreen
  • Enable or disable clock in status bar
  • Clear cache, dalvik cache, or battery statistics
  • Fix permissions
  • Enable uber quadrant
  • Remove system applications
  • Backup and restore applications
  • Configure Apps to SD
  • Set dalvik VM heap size
  • Zipalign applications
  • Download and install fonts, boot animations, and splash screens
  • Included Rom Stats application
  • Please opt in as it not only gathers information to help us get a general idea of who is using Das BAMF but it also helps us to improve Das BAMF. No personal information is collected!
-=IMPORTANT INFO=-
  1. ALWAYS PERFORM A WIPE WHEN INSTALLING A NEW ROM. THERE WILL BE NO SUPPORT GIVEN UNTIL YOU DO THIS AS THIS IS USUALLY THE MAIN REASON PROBLEMS ARISE.
  2. THE TALK FC ON SETUP IS EXPECTED.
  3. IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OTHER ERRORS OR FC, BEFORE MAKING ANY MODIFICATION TO FRAMEWORK, FIX PERMISSION IN RECOVERY.
  4. ENJOY!
-=DOWNLOADS=-​
BAMF GingerStripped v2.1​

MD5 SUM: 8b5f78b702933953fed79551b7d047cc

·
Not Your Average Android
127 Posts
Still love this rom but I couldn't get mms to work. Sent tdb a log cat a few weeks back.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Noob here. I flashed this today and it seems pretty good. I'm having a few issues though, I can't use wifi at all. Any time I try to connect to a wifi network it just says "Obtaining IP Address" for a while then disconnects, scans, and starts again before eventually just turning wifi off.

I performed a wipe (Data, Cache, Dalvik) before flashing and also fixed permissions.

Another notable issue is that Open Garden wifi sharing isn't working either, it says "Couldn't create [filename] directory" whenever I open it and if I try to use it it says "are you sure your phone is rooted?". I had that issue once before but rebooting had fixed it, and I didn't have any wifi issues with BAMF Remix at all but it had a slew of other bugs.

**UPDATE:** I also get an error when I try to Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" I assume this is related.

Thanks!

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Okay, I went ahead and just started over from a clean slate. I ran a nandroid recovery, wiped data, cache, dalvik, battery stats... installed this Rom again. My radio is working and my wifi is working, but now I can't Personalize the homepages. If I go to "Personalize" nothing at all happens. This is stressing me out a bit so any help would be greatly appreciated.

**Update:** After some google fu I've discovered that I'm now just missing sense so this is probably not the Rom for me. Too bad, cuz Netflix was finally working correctly on this Rom.

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Media_Offline said:
Okay, I went ahead and just started over from a clean slate. I ran a nandroid recovery, wiped data, cache, dalvik, battery stats... installed this Rom again. My radio is working and my wifi is working, but now I can't Personalize the homepages. If I go to "Personalize" nothing at all happens. This is stressing me out a bit so any help would be greatly appreciated.

**Update:** After some google fu I've discovered that I'm now just missing sense so this is probably not the Rom for me. Too bad, cuz Netflix was finally working correctly on this Rom.
This ROM is stripped of sense, hence the name. You're porbably looking for the regular 2.1 remix that has sense

·
Android Apprentice
136 Posts
Media_Offline said:

Your looking for this

·
North American Scum
86 Posts
Just jumped on this with the new ota radio (was hesitant to flash the leaks). Very nice work here fellas! Never thought another rom would challenge my allegiance to CM.

Thanks for your work. Not one complaint.

·
aided by and dependent upon a mechanical or electr
170 Posts
I have read through multiple threads, and cannot find the answer. The only known bug that I can find right now is the fact that I could not send any MMS... Is there a known issue with this rom or is there a patch that can fix it other then that I love this rom and it is perfect. If anybody can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
ssethv said:
I have read through multiple threads, and cannot find the answer. The only known bug that I can find right now is the fact that I could not send any MMS... Is there a known issue with this rom or is there a patch that can fix it other then that I love this rom and it is perfect. If anybody can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated :)
I tried this ROM the day it came out and wasn't able to send or receive MMS. It has been Version 2.1 since so I don't think it has been fixed yet.

·
170 Posts
That is what I figured... just my luck... I HATE sense, and every ROM that is pretty much senseless has some weird bug that I need to work for me.... oh well... I have tried EVERY rom out right now. Just as long as it is de-sensed as possible I will be happy.. thanks for the info bro :)

·
North American Scum
86 Posts
So today my phone just quit on me.

I was getting low on batt...around 25%. Put it to sleep for about 10min, and when I hit the pwr button to wake it up...nothing. Didn't even get a red light when I plugged it in.

I let it sit on the charger for a minute, and the light came back. Let it sit a minute more, and it booted. When it booted it showed almost 50% batt left. I let it charge on the way home, and it seemed ok.

...until it just did it to me again. This time it booted fine, but when it came up there was a weird icon for the batt indicator for a second. Then it was normal again.

So it's not dead, but it's acting up.

I'm posting it here obviously because I'm running this rom, but I realise it isn't necessarily a rom issue. I'll also say that I just recently flashed the new OTA radio.

Bueller?

Bueller?

·
170 Posts
Fully charge and try wiping battery stats, let battery fully die and then fully charge for best results... If that doesn't work the you may need a better battery? that's my two cents

·
Android Addict
900 Posts
ssethv said:
That is what I figured... just my luck... I HATE sense, and every ROM that is pretty much senseless has some weird bug that I need to work for me.... oh well... I have tried EVERY rom out right now. Just as long as it is de-sensed as possible I will be happy.. thanks for the info bro :)
Gotta run an AOSP build.

·
170 Posts
Anyone know any reason WHY my battery stayed on the charger ALL night long and after 8 hrs I was only up to 70 percent

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts