Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
AngelRom
Public Beta​

I accept no responsibility for any damage done to your device. You are installing at your own risk. Do not install if you are not comfortable with the possibility of having to SBF.

----Install Instructions----
boot into Clockworkmod Recovery using Koush's Droid 2 Bootstrapper
make nandroid backup
wipe data/factory reset
select install from zip
select Angel075.zip
Reboot

----Download----
Download: Angel V0.7.5
Mirror: Dropbox
File size: 98.5 MB

All Angel Themes will work still work however updated apps will be missing.

----Features----
Based on 2.4.330 framework (** Credit to Team GET~R~DONE for many things with this **)
  • Deblurred as much as possible
  • Deodexed, Opti-pnged, Zip-aligned
  • Removed Bloat
  • Build.prop tweaks
Some Frameworks from Fission, other built from AOSP (**Credit to Team Defuse**)
Includes DROID 2 Recovery Bootstrap (** Credit to Koush **)
REMOVED Blur Launcher
  • Replaced with LauncherPro 0.8.5 (** Credit to Fede **)
  • Replaced with ADWLauncher (** Credit to Anderwebs **)
  • Replaced with AOSP Launcher2
REMOVED Blur Contacts/Dialer Apps
  • Replaced with WyContacts (** Credit to Wysie **)
  • Replaced with 2.2.1 AOSP Dialer
REMOVED Blur SMS/Universal Inbox/Messaging App(s)
  • Replaced with themed/modded Android 2.2.1 SMS App (Black Background
    version) (** Credit to CyanogenMod **)
REMOVED Blur Desk Clock/Alarm App
  • Replaced with stock Android Desk Clock App 2.2.1
REMOVED Blur E-Mail App
  • Replaced with stock Android E-Mail App 2.2
  • Included stock Gmail app
REMOVED Blur File Manager
  • Replaced with OI File Manager 1.1.4 (** Credit to OpenIntents **)
REMOVED Blur Calendar
  • Replaced with stock Android Calendar App 2.2.1
REMOVED Blur Gallery App
  • Replaced with AOSP Gallery 3D
REMOVED Blur Car Home App
  • Replaced with AOSP Car Home App 2.2.1.4
REMOVED Stock Music App
  • Replaced with AOSP Music app
Updated Google Search Box (QuickSearchBox) to 1.1.2.64376
Updated Voice Search to 2.1.1
Updated Android Market to 2.3.6
Added Spare Parts 2.2.1

----Change Log----
    • Put Imoseyon's mods in.
      • Crond doesnt work, the rest do however.
    • Included Wycontacts
      • Some of the images it pulls are wrong, will be fixed in next update
    • Replaced MusicMod with the aosp Music app.
    • Updated Default Status Bar
      • Included the Black/White theme idea I had been working on
    • Included aosp Alarm Clock app
    • Updated SU to v2.3.6.1
    • More that I cant remember
----Thanks----
HUGE thank you to Davros, would have been so lost with building AOSP without him and by extention thanks to Guidot42 for getting me in contact with him
Thanks to Bury Boi for the Full 2.4.330 to use as a base
Thanks to Fenuxx for the help on troubleshooting and letting me use a few parts from his rom
Thanks to my testers: 2mnydgs, keviot369, kickyindahead, kickasz23, and sid_wisc
Thanks to Es0tericcha0s for some info when I was having problems

----To Do----
  • Get rest of Imoseyon's mods working.
  • Fix bugs with WyContacts
  • Include Cytown's Phone
  • Setup zipaligning on boot

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
My wife has the original D2, I hope to talk her into letting me get inside it and put this on. She's always *****in' about crashes, bugs and reboots!

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, only the d2g. Hence the [Global] tag. There isnt a seperate d2g forum so when i asked i was told to post it here and use the [Global] tag for it.

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
I don't know. Its says under the change log that there were a bunch of changes that you didn't remember at the time. Just wondering, what the bunch of them might be.

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
I love this rom runs nice and fast but where do i get themes for it? I would love the Oreo theme on here...can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Theres a few themes that are posted over on Droidforums.net. I didnt make them or I would post them here as well

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
I am loving this rom so far but I have one problem. I cannot change the background of the lock screen. Since the wallpaper of the original launcher matches the lock screen background I figured I could change that but the wallpaper will not change either. Thanks for any help.

>>EDIT Nevermind! I simply had to reboot. Problem solved. Go AngelRom!

·
Android Apprentice
51 Posts
Sorry if I missed it in the OP, but is v0.7.5 Froyo or Gingerbread? Thanks.

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
I have a Droid 2 Global and want to install AngelRom - Although I am usually technically inclined, I am new to the Droid technology and am a little weary. Unfamiliar to "ROOTING", "BOOTSTRAPPER", "ROM", etc. Can you give me a simple set by step on how to install this on my Droid? Will AngelRom fix my freezing, rebooting, issues from my stock software?
1. Should I and how do I backup all my existing info/apps on my phone?
2. Easiest and simplest instructions to install AngelRom from start to finish would be appreciated!
:wink2:

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
jarmenta said:
I have a Droid 2 Global and want to install AngelRom - Although I am usually technically inclined, I am new to the Droid technology and am a little weary. Unfamiliar to "ROOTING", "BOOTSTRAPPER", "ROM", etc. Can you give me a simple set by step on how to install this on my Droid? Will AngelRom fix my freezing, rebooting, issues from my stock software?
2. Easiest and simplest instructions to install AngelRom from start to finish would be appreciated!
well are you rooted? cause that's the first step

·
Droid Rage
199 Posts
jarmenta said:
Root is easy. z4root will easily root a D2G. You can find the install directions here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

When you go to install make sure that you don't have any antivirus like lookout mobile enabled as it will prevent you from rooting.

Edit: Also ALWAYS backup before making any system changes. After you are root'd you should buy/install Titanium Backup Pro off of the Android Market. It will allow you to back up all of your programs to your SD card for future recovery as well as store the backup on drop box if you have it. Titanium also lets you freeze bloatware on your phone so that you can unfreeze it later before a OTA update. Pictures, music and everything else on your phone you should just back up to your computer.

·
Droid Rage
199 Posts
Hey Angel, I was wondering if you could post a bug list for the version of angelrom. I know currently you and others are working out the bugs on CM7 beta for D2G but I didn't know if those same bugs applied to angelrom. I've never ROM'd my phone before but I have everything ready to do so. Getting kinda tired of waiting on Verizon/Motorola to release GB (not to mention I don't want to lose root).

·
ヤンデレ
836 Posts
z4root runs an exploit that allows you to gain root access to your phone's OS.

"root" is (almost) the same as the "Administrator" user in Windows systems, the user that can do everything he or she wants with the OS.

Once rooted, you can install Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery from the Market. That program installs ClockworkMod Recovery - a modified version of Android recovery subsystem - that allows you to perform complete backups of your phone's internal memory called "Nandroid Backups".

After installing ClockworkMod via Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery, you must (well, not really, but it's highly recommended to do it) make a Nandroid backup of your current state. Make sure your phone is at least 80% charged; if the battery dies, you won't be able to charge it using your phone and you'll need some standalone battery charger.

The controls in ClockworkMod are: volume buttons for Up/Down, camera button for Select, and Power button for Back. Choose Backup/Restore from the main menu, and then Backup. That will result in ClockworkMod dumping everything you have on the phone - both OS and user data - onto your MicroSD card.

You can also use apps like SMS Backup and Restore and Call Logs Backup and Restore before installing a new ROM to save text messages and call logs to your microSD card; you will be able to use the same apps to restore those once you're running your new firmware.

Now, with a nandroid backup ready, even if you happen to break something you can always SBF back to stock clean state, root, install ClockworkMod again, and then restore everything from your backup - everything including app settings, text messages, call logs, &c.

Reactions: Vypor
1 - 20 of 57 Posts