Android OS Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Android Lover
257 Posts
I'm on older version of angelrom, can I flash this over successfully without wiping data? Also which link has had issues in past and which ones okay...as I dled one before and it stuck me at bootloop but im wanting to upgrade for better battery life ect

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
slimpirudude said:
I'm on older version of angelrom, can I flash this over successfully without wiping data? Also which link has had issues in past and which ones okay...as I dled one before and it stuck me at bootloop but im wanting to upgrade for better battery life ect
Yes you can. I fixed the links, something had gotten corrupted in the upload. Both should work right now :)

·
Android Lover
257 Posts
Here's something im confused about, I flashed to a old version of angelrom and had ok battery life, but not great as remembered. I flashed updated :075 angelrom and now its absoloutly horrible. Its 621 pm here and is at 5 percent! I calibrated and all. Part of it was phone kept placing itself in global after *228 and wouldn't stay on cdma, battery manager reported time without a signal as 50%. I wiped cache in cw and reflashed, still not good. Any help guys? I'd appreciate it!

Also noticed after a reboot the phone goes back to global too....any way to force it to stay out of global somehow? I have never had a rom do this before...just want my angelrom to work right again :(

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
slimpirudude said:
Here's something im confused about, I flashed to a old version of angelrom and had ok battery life, but not great as remembered. I flashed updated :075 angelrom and now its absoloutly horrible. Its 621 pm here and is at 5 percent! I calibrated and all. Part of it was phone kept placing itself in global after *228 and wouldn't stay on cdma, battery manager reported time without a signal as 50%. I wiped cache in cw and reflashed, still not good. Any help guys? I'd appreciate it!

Also noticed after a reboot the phone goes back to global too....any way to force it to stay out of global somehow? I have never had a rom do this before...just want my angelrom to work right again :(
Boot into CWM, format /boot and /system under the Partitions menu then reflash Angel075.zip and you should be good....

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I simply know what I am doing lol. MIUI is really easy now that I have my overlay, I just update it whenever I update MIUI. As for angelrom I've never used it. I just know a lot about how android works from working with various phones. The real challenge to me is trying to fix stuff without needing to SBF. Having to SBF kills development time lol.

·
Dev in training...
65 Posts
I have a question.. Im currently running Hexen 1.0.1 which i love and saw this one.. is there much differences between the two? I see a few small changes in the release notes but nothing major...Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm the kind of read and learn, but so far Angel is the best rom I've ever found. And in the last couple of months I've tried all of them including the fake (and stolen as I understood) of Nghocha's ICS.
Untill our chef bikedude will release his work to public, this will be the rom that will (hopefully not) die with my lovely d2g
Angel.... you're an angel. THANK YOU for this rom

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Any chance at ics or gb version of this rom? :)

Sent from my DROID2 Global using RootzWiki
I highly doubt it. I'm not doing another blur based rom and anything that I would add to source builds is already either in Gummy or CM9. I would rather D2G not end up like other devices where all of the roms are basically copies of each other just with different themes.

·
Android Lover
226 Posts
And sadly, here we are. Just wanted to say that i have thoroughly enjoyed your roms. At this point i have been running the same version of cm7 for almost a year now but i totally recall the early days. Totally appreciate everything you have done for us d2g users. Thanks for everything Angel.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.