Android OS Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
21 Posts
I really liked this ROM but it had a couple deal breakers. I don't think it was user error since I wiped everything and then did it again and re-installed and still had the same issues. First, I kept getting FCs from Superuser, and could not use any app that needed root access. Second, I could not get it to connect to my wifi, it kept saying obtaining ip address but never connected. Any thoughts?
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I used no frills CPU, terminal emulator, set CPU, root explorer, just to name a few all require root access, I also tested 3g, 4g and WiFi the tweaks I made made my WiFi pop off at 23 mbps downloads were instant. I don't really know what happened on your end. Update radios and try to update to newest superuser maybe.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
91 Posts
Grnlantern, its a beautiful rom. I want to thank you for your contributions to the Android and TBolt community.

The whole process of rooting and then especially choosing roms, learning about radios, kernels, compatibility, etc can be very overwhelming for noobs.

I spend 3 to 4 hours a day in gtalk helping new Android or newly rooted users get set up, or fix the problems they have and teach them along the way.

IMO your attitude is what makes this community so great. The simplicity of this set up will help people step off the cliff to custom roms while being less intimidating way, while at the same time teaching them about "fishing" like the old parable about teaching a person to fish will feed them for a lifetime.
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
"CharliesTheMan said:
Grnlantern, its a beautiful rom. I want to thank you for your contributions to the Android and TBolt community.

The whole process of rooting and then especially choosing roms, learning about radios, kernels, compatibility, etc can be very overwhelming for noobs.

I spend 3 to 4 hours a day in gtalk helping new Android or newly rooted users get set up, or fix the problems they have and teach them along the way.

IMO your attitude is what makes this community so great. The simplicity of this set up will help people step off the cliff to custom roms while being less intimidating way, while at the same time teaching them about "fishing" like the old parable about teaching a person to fish will feed them for a lifetime.
Why thank you it means a lot to have someone say that to me :) since I am just starting out and I have been at the beginning before even if people just use my ROM as a stepping stone to the next great thing or something to fall back on it will be here :)
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
21 Posts
"Grnlantern79 said:
I used no frills CPU, terminal emulator, set CPU, root explorer, just to name a few all require root access, I also tested 3g, 4g and WiFi the tweaks I made made my WiFi pop off at 23 mbps downloads were instant. I don't really know what happened on your end. Update radios and try to update to newest superuser maybe.
I did try to update Superuser but it said something about package not being signed properly when I tried to update it in the market. I am running the newest radio already too. Maybe I will have to try re-downloading it and try again.
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
"Lakerstar205 said:
Hey can you send me the vigor boot animation you tweaked to play a sound?
I can when I get home I will have to send you two files the boot animation and the default file that tells your phone to how to play the boot animation and play the sound. You will need to add an mp3 file and name it beats so that it will play.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
30 Posts
"Grnlantern79 said:
I can when I get home I will have to send you two files the boot animation and the default file that tells your phone to how to play the boot animation and play the sound. You will need to add an mp3 file and name it beats so that it will play.
Ok that's perfect. Thanks
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I ask cause I need the CID file for SOAB that you are using since the file is different for each ROM. PM me for my email address
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
417 Posts
Updated to newest leak, has new flashable theme, newest custom kernel by IMO based on source, and stock is updated as well for all you stock lovers. Theme can be flashed over either. Enjoy the Green.
 
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Top