Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
81 Posts
Ok, so first let me explain the topic. Yes, it's ANOTHER CM7 topic for the thunderbolt. You're probably saying, 'Where's the Ice Cream Sandwich?!' And you should be asking. But for now, while those more experienced and knowledgeable than I work on CM9/ICS for the Thunderbolt, What about Gingerbread.

It seems that all releases have stopped for CM7 on Mecha. My friend ProTekk has a topic on here doing similar work but hasn't posted since the 6th because he has a life lol. Me on the other hand, have some free time.

This for the short time being, is just (hopefully) nightlies for CM7 on tbolt. Unless I see that nothing in the gingerbread field has changed, and then I will duly post a message stating that.

I hope to start adding some things in here that will make it different than stock CM7, hence the name "GuruCM7". I will update you all on my work with these unelaborated new features. I'll reveal more once I see that I can do what I want with it. I think you'll like it. BUT FOR NOW:

GuruCM7 Semi-Nightlies:

12/23/11 - http://www.multiupload.com/J3ZD8GP6JQ

GAPPS: - http://goo-inside.me...0828-signed.zip

Bugs:
  • None to my awareness, post if you come across any and post solutions if you know of them too.. This is a community project. (I'll feel you in on details of features soon)
  • Sound bugs maybe??

USUAL DISCLAIMER: IF YOU CHOOSE TO FLASH ANYTHING POSTED HERE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS THAT IS BAD. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, MAKE A BACKUP IN CWM OR TWRP.

Also: Sorry this is kind of a basic post, I am not considered a developer on here, which is probably warranted

Thanks to:

ProTekk
CaptainkrTech
Zarboz
Birdman
Wowthatisrandom
Xoomdev and
Britishturbo
Also, of course, Slayher and CMod team!

My Twitter is @TMZ_Andrew

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Was having sound issues with this, no sound during games. And music wouldn't play at all, the time elapsed for a music track would just blink zeros. I checked my settings to make sure and couldn't find anything that would be causing it, I ran a couple of other aosp ROMS just to make sure

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the positive notes.. First of all, sorry about lack of Gapps, can't believe I forgot that! Link is now in OP.

Second about the git. It is ProTekks I believe, but it pulls from CM and all that which is crucial to the whole idea of this haha.

HINT HINT: One of the things I am looking into is some ICS Gapps

·
Android Apprentice
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just so people have have an Idea, protekk is busy working on ics. I'd rather have it he, work there then on gb.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk
This is definitely true. I just didn't want it to appear I was competing with him on another CM7 collection lol.

·
Android Apprentice
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was having sound issues with this, no sound during games. And music wouldn't play at all, the time elapsed for a music track would just blink zeros. I checked my settings to make sure and couldn't find anything that would be causing it, I ran a couple of other aosp ROMS just to make sure

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
Can you get sound when you plug in headphones? Or is sound totally dead? Will have to check into it today. I'll also check the repo tonight when the new nightly comes out to see if they are merging sound fixed..

Thanks for the update.. and remember Logcat is your friend

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
i have no issues with sound or music playing. just an fyi for you. The only issue i have is that i can't get verizon videos to play and the my verizon app says system maintenance. verizon videos says i need the verizon login in app and takes me to the market. then tells me the app is not compatible with my device. The video app is an issue I've had since i rooted my device and i have tried several roms. the my verizon app works on the eternity rom. On others it says system maintenance. Thanks for your work. I just got the thunderbolt and the slowed development i challenging for me. I have been using the hd2 for the past 2 yrs.

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
This rom seems really fast, but I upgraded from Protek's last to this without wiping and have no sound. Not in music (media volume), not in ringtones, nothing.

I didn't plug headphones in to try...

MC

·
Android Apprentice
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmm.. Well I wouldn't think that enough changed that you should wipe but maybe so. It has been almost twenty days since a release so, if you can stand it, try wiping.

After this there should probably be little need to wipe

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.