Android OS Forum banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Eats Your Face
97 Posts
General Question - since installing this ROM my Nissan Altima Bluetooth has lost some functionality. I can still pair / take and receive calls / access phone book / but I have lost the functionality to send and receive text via the BlueTooth Nissan application. I know if I evert back to 4.1.2 all functionality has returned. Is there a new bluetooth protocol in 4.3 that is not backwards compatible with 4.1.2?

Thanks.
Yes sir, Bluetooth was completely re-stacked by Google for 4.3.

Try deleting your phone from your car's memory, and then re-pair. I have to do this in my escape every time that I flash a new ROM anyhow.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think my only problem with aosp ROMs is the cm kernel on them. But now that NEAK has been updated I am happy :)

·
Eats Your Face
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
I think my only problem with aosp ROMs is the cm kernel on them. But now that NEAK has been updated I am happy :)

I love the kernel that gets built with this. Sure, there aren't tons of options, but in getting 5-6 hours of screen time consistently and its fast.

·
Eats Your Face
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Any word on audio dock implementation yet? I'm still hunkering down on milestone 1 RC1 because it has the Advanced tab under settings and the Audio option to use the USB dock. The last few PACman ROMs I've installed still have the dock audio greyed out and I didn't see the Advanced tab option any more. I'm champing at the bit! I saw that the new DSP Manager has a dock option, but the phone still won't go into audio dock mode. Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks in advance
This commit went through this morning

http://review.pac-rom.com/#/c/2783/

So check tomorrow's nightly!

·
Registered
5 Posts
This commit went through this morning

http://review.pac-rom.com/#/c/2783/

So check tomorrow's nightly!

Wow, thanks for that! I decided last week to just go ahead and run the latest build, dock be damned. I'm still sold on PACman after trying so many other ROMs, it's a thing of beauty.

In other news, I have a question about storage. When I was running the 4.2 Milestone.1.RC from 7/28, a couple of apps had no problem accessing the external sd card for storage (Pocket Casts, Truth & Life Bible App). With the current build, those apps can't recognize the external card, but Apollo has no problem playing the MP3 files for music (and Zplayer can play my videos stored on the card). Is there a setting I should look for to fix this?

Thanks so much!

·
Eats Your Face
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Sorry man I can't help on micro SD stuff, as my phone eats them within a day or two of me putting a new one in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi. i have been using clean rom for my note 2. but finally am at the point where i want to put an awesome, supercustomizable rom like this one on my phone.

i put the zip for the rom and the zip for gapps on my phone. went into my twrp recovery ; did wipe , then tried to install the rom zip. ... i got message that said FAIL and something about wrong binarys.

this was very inconveinent since i had to go to my last backup and reset up everything. ... i have updated my twrp to the latest one, not sure if this will help when i try again.

i am concerned that the problem may be that i am currently running androd version 4.1.2. .. maybe i can't go straight to 4.3 ???????? maybe there is another in between step????

please help. :)

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Sorry if the question has been answered.. Can supersu by used I have been trying to update binary but tells me failed reboot and try again? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I605 using RootzWiki mobile app

·
Eats Your Face
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
hi. i have been using clean rom for my note 2. but finally am at the point where i want to put an awesome, supercustomizable rom like this one on my phone.

i put the zip for the rom and the zip for gapps on my phone. went into my twrp recovery ; did wipe , then tried to install the rom zip. ... i got message that said FAIL and something about wrong binarys.

this was very inconveinent since i had to go to my last backup and reset up everything. ... i have updated my twrp to the latest one, not sure if this will help when i try again.

i am concerned that the problem may be that i am currently running androd version 4.1.2. .. maybe i can't go straight to 4.3 ???????? maybe there is another in between step????

please help. :)
All you need to do is update your recovery! The version of twrp that you are using is simply too old :)

·
Eats Your Face
97 Posts
Sorry if the question has been answered.. Can supersu by used I have been trying to update binary but tells me failed reboot and try again? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I605 using RootzWiki mobile app
Absolutely, simply download it from the play store, and follow the on screen instructions. Once its downloaded choose the option to update it via "Normal" mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey just checking out the ROMs available for i605. I'm running Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 stable but i want more customization with things like adjusting app layouts and Halo. I like this ROM but I just want a few questions answered:

-How's battery life?

-Does it come with Apollo music or is that only a Cyanogenmod thing?

-How's performance?

-Where can I download the most stable version of this ROM? I don't care if it's 4.2.2, I just want MOST things to work and for it to have decent battery performance. Can i please have a specific link?

Thanks a lot for any feedback.

·
Eats Your Face
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Hey just checking out the ROMs available for i605. I'm running Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 stable but i want more customization with things like adjusting app layouts and Halo. I like this ROM but I just want a few questions answered:

-How's battery life?

-Does it come with Apollo music or is that only a Cyanogenmod thing?

-How's performance?

-Where can I download the most stable version of this ROM? I don't care if it's 4.2.2, I just want MOST things to work and for it to have decent battery performance. Can i please have a specific link?

Thanks a lot for any feedback.
Either check out my sabermod builds, or wait for a 4.4.x build. This ROM is based on cm, so battery will be comparable, but slightly worse due to the vast amount of features present.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 173 Posts