Android OS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team Acid knows that everyone has different flavors, which is why we try releasing different versions of roms

It's been awhile since ICBINB has gotten any attention, and now it is time for a new(ER) release

ICBINB 2.3.7:

Stock----- No fancy eye candy(atleast not at the moment)
Bhundven's kernel
ICS bootanimation
A.S shot v14-1 installed
Disabled journaling on /system /cache
Bravia Engine for better Pictures and Video recording
Modded Camera (Power button is the shutter, and camera works no matter how low the battery is)
Modded Mediaprofiles.xml for EVEN BETTER picture and video taking
Scroll cache tweak installed for that amazing scrolling
ADW launcher
CM Music
DSP
REMOVED: email.apk but will post it up for those who want it
great /system storage space
FB's amazing aroma installer

THINGS TO WORK ON:
I still need to put CRT on-off
Still need to install extended power option
Possible eye candy?? (maybe ill just leave that to the themers)
other stuff im sure

Remember people ICBINB has always been stock with great mods so it might not be your taste, dont complain about no eyecandy

INSTALLATION:
download
put onto sdcard
go into cwm
choose icbinb 2.3.7
enjoy FB's installer
enjoy the rom

ICBINB 2.3.7

First and most importantly RAVERX3X (DSP, CM Music, Amazing /system space is all thanks to him, he does amazing work and without him a lot would not be possible)
TeamAcid- Bhundven, Fbis251, RaverX3X, Dsexton702

and as always we thank YOU, the users for being so wonderful

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I just got my sgs4g rooted, and want to install this ROM. I still need follow FB's guide to flash CWM

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/618-guide-flashing-with-cwm-for-sgs4g-noobs-read-before-posting-in-dev-threads/

A few questions on how to install this ROM

1. In the guide, in the step 11, it talks about two mount layouts, one is For KD1 and Bionix, one is For Trigger, which should I follow ?

2. There is this GB bootloader start kit, http://rootzwiki.com/topic/2780-odincwm-gb-ext4-starter-pack-nov-24/, shall I follow that ? I don't use ODIN, just plain CWM flashing

3. Does this ROM still has so called bloaterware ?

Thanks for helping.

·
FB
101 Posts
Download ICBINB 2.3.7 and have it on your SD card and flash it when the guide tells you to.

1) You don't need to worry about mounts since the AROMA installer included in this ROM takes care of that for you. Just install the zip file from the SD card and flash away.

2) You won't be able to get GB bootloaders with CWM, so yes, you'll need to follow the guide.

3) This rom is heavily debloated. If I remember correctly, once installed only 46 megs of space are used in the internal memory.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more question, anyone can provide me a link to workable recovery file, the link mentioned in guide is not working anymore
recovery file? if you are on GB you dont need one just flash the kernel and you will have recovery

·
Registered
10 Posts
here was what happened:

1. My phone came with stock froyo rom from T-mobile
2. I rooted it by the "If all else failed / Manual root" instruction at http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Samsung_Galaxy_S_4G#If_all_else_fails
3. then I follow FB's guide to copy over recovery/updates.zip from http://sourceforge.net/projects/teamacid/files/fb/root/froyo/
4. copied over this zip to SD
5. flash this zip

As some of you guys already guess at this point, the pone is bricked. I would guess that my phone is still using "froyo" bootloader while this rom is using GB bootloader.

Well anyway I sent it back to manufactor for a replacement.

So my question is where I get wrong, what is supposed to be right path to root this phone and get this rom installed ?

I did search through all threads in this forum and xda-developer, but the information is not consistent, so I really like to ask the right path here. Sorry if this question sounds too dumb for some of you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
sounds like in my case, I HAVE TO follow http://rootzwiki.com...er-pack-nov-24/ to get GB bootloader.

If so, do you have any equivalent commands under Linux ?

UPDATES:

I finally got its live back and install this rom.

Short solution:

1. I press vol up and down and power, so it get into recovery mode ( but the screen shows just garbage, no use at all ), from console, run

#adb reboot download

to get it into download mode.

2. then follow FB's GB Bootloader guide to flash GB bootloader, but I use heimdall command line instead of odin.

3. finally flash this rom's zip

The bottom line is you have to use Fb's GB bootloader guide firstly! There is no need to follow the starter guide which is outdated and only for froyo based rom.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did not find T-mobile wifi calling app in this ROM, anybody know if there is apk I can install on this ROM? I lived a area with really bad signal in t-mobile network, so it is kind of MUST for me. Appreciate if anyone can point a direction.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did not find T-mobile wifi calling app in this ROM, anybody know if there is apk I can install on this ROM? I lived a area with really bad signal in t-mobile network, so it is kind of MUST for me. Appreciate if anyone can point a direction.
sorry forgot to update the thread with the wifi calling.apk

you can grab it here for now: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1278389

also have you tried calling without it? i never have any issues calling or receiving calls on wifi without the .apk

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, I have tried the link, but it fail to install, only show me that "Application is not isntalled", I enabled to install unknown app, maybe the file is corruptted ?
with a system app like wifi calling.apk all you need to do is grab the .apk and copy it into /system/app and reboot
apps like that wont install by pressing the apk and "installing" that way you have to manually move to /system/app

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.