blah bla blah

same thing for all GB builds icbinb INSTALL
disable voodoo
flash rom
boot up
busybox
enable voodoo
bam

if the market disappears and what not just do a factory reset and wipe, you'll also notice that the market will update itself to the new market

enjoy: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=76QYJRJB

krylon for the leak
drhonk for the kernel
whitehawkx for the build and crt ON and OFF anim
ACID for the stock tweaked rom

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Hell yes! TY guys for another quick release after the leak!

Anyone noticed anything different from KH1 yet?

I assume the tegrak settings should be the same as KH1 ICBINB correct?

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea tegrak settings are the same, i would have to say kh2 is better but by a hairline lol

but whitehawkx made crt ON animation available in this release

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Anyone else having horrible battery life? I never really noticed how bad it was until i went back to froyo ICBINB. My battery lasts twice as long it seems. Main reason i went back to froyo was to fix my low wireless signal on GB Roms.

Thing that sucks for me on froyo though is my GPS. With kg6 kh1 or kh2 my gps was amazingly better but wifi still suffered none to 3 bars max, and battery life was horrible. Im gonna stay on froyo ICBINB and keep good battery life and good wifi and use my iphone 3gs for gps until samsung can figure WTF is going on with the wifi....I assume thats why they are releasing these builds so quick. I didnt notice any major changes from kh1 to kh2 other than a slight quadrant score increase (20 points) and what felt like a slight increase in my wifi signal

I read on XDA a couple of users had bad battery life as well on GB, but others weren't having an issue at all, and were actually noticing better battery on GB.

Another thing I noticed on GB ICBINB's thats different from froyo ICBINB's is that my quadrant FPS during tests seems to be capped at 30 FPS whereas on froyo it gets up to 65 FPS. Yet my scores are way better on GB. Im sure its cuz of all the tweaks and stuff, but im just trying to figure out the detailed reason for it.

Can someone school a NOOB (Me!) as to what exactly is happening with the tweaks that are causing the FPS cap yet better scores on GB.

Please dont flame me!!! Im a NOOB to not only the android OS but also the SGS4G and just want to be fed some knowledge.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
@jaysee- I'm pretty sure that FPS cap has to do with the stock kernal, not the rom itself. So, if and when, someone (drhonk) comes out with a modded kernal, I think we're stuck with the FPS cap. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. :)

·
FB
101 Posts
steeleain said:
@jaysee- I'm pretty sure that FPS cap has to do with the stock kernal, not the rom itself. So, if and when, someone (drhonk) comes out with a modded kernal, I think we're stuck with the FPS cap. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. :)
I'm not gonna correct him. :D

·
Average Android
61 Posts
Awesome work. I used the starter thread to install. Went fast n easy. This ROM is ultra smooth.

Will you be adding the extra options when you hold the power button. I know this is a ROM ment to be close to stock as possible.

Also, does this use a UV kernel?

Thanks again

·
Student
60 Posts
Thank you for the rom loving it. Very smooth the froyo one for me wasnt as smooth as trigger rom but this blows everything out of the water battery life is awesome :) one thing i want you to consider is what it took for me to get ext 4 working with wiping data and cache the partition sd card and it loaded. Your guide helped alot and as i said i followed it to a t. However the point im making here is that i had the symtoms of condition one (problem one) but also had to do extra steps of wipe data and cache plus partition sd card then reboot for linda to say anything and succeed. After that smooth sailing. So im trying to help and ill let you decide if maybe your guide to ext4 op needs to be updated so no one else has the problem at any rate thank you and ill be donating to all or wonderful devs shortly cause honestly without yall i would hate this phone with a passion. It is truly amazing how much better it performs. And again Im just trying to get your input your the expert not trying to bash or say you are doing anything wrong. Im trying to help not battle love all the work everyone and its gonna be hard to top this rom :)

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea we'll be updating all of our OP's so that they will be easier to read and more accurate, im glad we could help, im actually about to release some new tweaks here in a minute for GINGERBREAD :) makes the phone even smoother

·
Student
60 Posts
Even smoother? nice . biggest pet peev is lag grr lol :) but honestly havent experienced any yet! amazing work :)

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Been running this rom for a while now. Quadrant scores increased dramatically. I'm Lovin' it. This baby is "Smooth as Silk".. Uber fast, No lag, and super responsive. haven't had any issues. Excellent work. Keep it up!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts