Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Developer
12 Posts
Welcome to ics-deck.
Recently I have been releasing a few preview builds on twitter for my followers, but I thought hey why not let everyone in on the action! This is built from source, 4.0.3r1. Please DO NOT report bugs yet, as I know what and what does not work. Some people are actually using this as their daily, tho it is not ready for that imho. Once we get into an 'alpha' or 'beta' state, i will redo the thread will all the good stuff and more information. Please only flash this if you know what you are doing for the time being.

*I wanted to share the progress I have been making.*

*What works*
Alot is already working, although you may encounter a few FC's here and there and find some other bugs on the way.

*Whats new*
Too much to list...

*Broken*
Video Camera. (were close!)
Wimax.

*Thanks*
As always, thank you toastcfh and the cm team for various things here and there, preludedrew and evervolv for various things here and there and cayniarb for the kernel, and everybody else that contributes to this community. This will also be updated as the rom progresses.

*Downloads*
http://dev-host.org/...k/799/ics-shift

Donations are VERY much appreciated and go towards new devices for support.

Enjoy!
Follow me on twitter for the most recent updates. @kushdeck

·
Registered
25 Posts
"Please DO NOT report bugs yet"

SuperFullMega Wipe my Evo Shfit, installed latest Alpha and the GApps that came with it... Cant install anything... just says "Downloading", repeat the SuperFullMega wipe and downloaded both ROM and GApps and flash again, same issue...

I was using your Alpha ICS on a friends Evo 4G (the reason I decided to try it on the Shift since I was running your last Gingerbread release on my Shift, his ICS although was not the release from last night) and Market worked perfect there... So while it was NOT a bug then, it seems to be a bug now...

Im going to download Alpha6 and see if that plus the latest GApps works and then if that doesnt work ill try Alpha6 and the older GApps and report back, once done, or if its already confirmed (because who knows since Market works just fine on my friends Evo, maybe OP didnt know its now broken in the latest build since it was working prior), Mods can OFC (or if I can even) delete this post...

·
Android underachiever
115 Posts
"Please DO NOT report bugs yet"

SuperFullMega Wipe my Evo Shfit, installed latest Alpha and the GApps that came with it... Cant install anything... just says "Downloading", repeat the SuperFullMega wipe and downloaded both ROM and GApps and flash again, same issue...

I was using your Alpha ICS on a friends Evo 4G (the reason I decided to try it on the Shift since I was running your last Gingerbread release on my Shift, his ICS although was not the release from last night) and Market worked perfect there... So while it was NOT a bug then, it seems to be a bug now...

Im going to download Alpha6 and see if that plus the latest GApps works and then if that doesnt work ill try Alpha6 and the older GApps and report back, once done, or if its already confirmed (because who knows since Market works just fine on my friends Evo, maybe OP didnt know its now broken in the latest build since it was working prior), Mods can OFC (or if I can even) delete this post...
I haven't updated to Alpha 7 yet but Market downloads are working fine on A6. The only issues I've had is a few lock ups when using the stock browser.. Going to update to Alpha 7 tonight and see how it goes.

Once again, thanks for the great work Deck!

Edit: Just flashed Alpha 7 with the posted Gapps and market is working fine. All apps are downloading as normal..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Having same issue with market. Tried reflashing and super full Mega wipes also.
thanks for the conformation... a few hours ago i tired again with fresh wipes galore and downloads... same issue... looks like the only way to get Market to work is install/setup Alpha6/OldGApps then update... Hopefully ill have time to putz with it after work tomorrow... passing out now...

EDIT: Ill try to collect some logcat logs tomorrow after work before I go backwards... I know hes not looking for bugs... but this is pretty much a SHOW STOPPA... wonder if its in the ICS package or the Device specific package (IE if it effects other device rom's like the Evo 4G)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I flashed the ROM and GAPPS yesterday. Had the same issue with the market. I tried clearing the data, etc and nothing.

The last thing I did was reboot into recovery, deleted user data, and re-flashed the ROM. Once I did that, after I signed back into my Google account the market worked fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I flashed the ROM and GAPPS yesterday. Had the same issue with the market. I tried clearing the data, etc and nothing.

The last thing I did was reboot into recovery, deleted user data, and re-flashed the ROM. Once I did that, after I signed back into my Google account the market worked fine.
Didnt work for me, going to try and replace just the vending.apk (Market v3.3.11) with the vending.apk (Market v3.4.4) and see if just doing that works...

EDIT: Just wanted to say, the vending.apk in the GApps package is to blame, I replaced it with 3.3.12 and 3.4.4 and both worked without issue, and like a "charm"!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been trying the GAPPs on goo-inside.me/gapps. The 02132012 gapps have the broken market problem as well. So he must've grabbed them from there? Just letting anyone know who is trying the same methods as I am.

Sent from my PG06100 using RootzWiki

·
Registered
4 Posts
Didnt work for me, going to try and replace just the vending.apk (Market v3.3.11) with the vending.apk (Market v3.4.4) and see if just doing that works...

EDIT: Just wanted to say, the vending.apk in the GApps package is to blame, I replaced it with 3.3.12 and 3.4.4 and both worked without issue, and like a "charm"!
I couldn't get it to work. I tried using the included gapps and upgrading to 3.4.4, and the 02152012 gapps from goo-inside.me. Neither method worked. I'm going to try again tonight with the included gapps and upgrading to 3.3.12, but if the latest version didn't work I'm not too hopeful that an older one will work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found this on another thread and tried it, it worked for me. I have the 02152012 Gapps with the 3.4.4 market. Wasn't downloading, so:

Open Terminal Emulator

su

mount -o remount,rw /system
chmod o+x /system/bin/drmserver
/system/bin/drmserver&
mount -o remount,ro /system

After that, the market downloaded like a champ. Seems that the DRM server is just not running right. Haven't rebooted since, so I don't know if it will be an every time thing or not, but give it a shot. YRMV.

After a few reboots, I have not had to run the commands again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Still was working fine for me... it might just be a combo of ICS and GApps...

That being said, I went ahead and went back to Deck's GB release for my Evo Shift, I cant really say "too many bugs" because its an Alpha... but... it is what it is, and I eagerly await the next release to test it as well!

(IMHO, when released, a "main" thread for kush including the "release info" in the first post, the "working" in the second post, and the "not working" in the third post and locked for only him... uhh non alpha's of course... with a thread dedicated to "experiences" to be linked to
)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's a question. Does the camera work at all for any of you? I know some of the other ICS roms out there have camera, but not the camcorder. However, the camera doesn't work at all for me, beyond the app opening and the buttons working.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.