Android OS Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's a question. Does the camera work at all for any of you? I know some of the other ICS roms out there have camera, but not the camcorder. However, the camera doesn't work at all for me, beyond the app opening and the buttons working.
Haven't had it stop working on me, but I still get the graphical glitches when I use it. Camcorder and panoramic mode do nothing, but I didn't expect them to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have any issues with the LED notification light for Alpha 8? I know the beta is coming soon, but I'm using Alpha 8 for daily use til then. Initially, the LED light only worked while charging (red indicating it needed charging, green indicating it was near finished). I installed Lite Flow, but I like my ROMs decently vanilla, so I removed it, and voila, my notification light started working. It is red, however. I would like to change it to green, but it's not a huge issue. Is this going to be addressed in the beta, or is this just some freak occurrence? I have flashed several ICS ROMs, and they all are giving me this issue.

Also, is there an alternative to the notification bar? I find the large colorful toggles to be a little distracting. It's the only thing I dislike about this ROM. Is there any way to replace the toggles with something more like this?

Thank you for all your work!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Deck announced on his twitter account that he posted pre-beta 4 builds here: http://dev-host.org/...eck/?fld_id=799

I've only flashed it 10 minutes ago, but it's already looking great! I love the new boot animation. Performance-wise, it looks better than any previous build. Voice recording, including voice commands and voice typing (live transcription) all works now. Live view on camera works perfectly. In the default camera app, there's a few rows of green pixels on the bottom of each picture. In the Camera Zoom FX app, landscape pictures are very good, but portrait pictures often have the "tearing" at the top that was happening in earlier builds.

There are still some text issues sometimes (missing or scrambled text) but it's sporadic. Market app is fixed so it doesn't get stuck trying to start downloading. The smartass and smartassv2 govenors have been removed, it seems.

Deck, thank you so much for this great ROM! Since HTC has forgotten about this phone, it's great that other developers will continue supporting it. Can't wait to see what comes out in the next releases!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Deck announced on his twitter account that he posted pre-beta 4 builds here: http://dev-host.org/...eck/?fld_id=799

I've only flashed it 10 minutes ago, but it's already looking great! I love the new boot animation. Performance-wise, it looks better than any previous build. Voice recording, including voice commands and voice typing (live transcription) all works now. Live view on camera works perfectly. In the default camera app, there's a few rows of green pixels on the bottom of each picture. In the Camera Zoom FX app, landscape pictures are very good, but portrait pictures often have the "tearing" at the top that was happening in earlier builds.

There are still some text issues sometimes (missing or scrambled text) but it's sporadic. Market app is fixed so it doesn't get stuck trying to start downloading. The smartass and smartassv2 govenors have been removed, it seems.

Deck, thank you so much for this great ROM! Since HTC has forgotten about this phone, it's great that other developers will continue supporting it. Can't wait to see what comes out in the next releases!
Excellent. I'm about to flash it now. I never had an issue with missing or scrambled text (I'm on alpha8), so I'm curious to see if that happens when I update. What will be affected now that the smartass and smartassv2 governors are removed? Battery life?

Thank you again Deck, this ROM is awesome. I'll report back shortly when I update to prebeta4.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having a bit of trouble with Nova Launcher. Is it possible to get the stock ics launcher while on this rom (pb4)?

Edit: Never mind. Using the launcher from the alpha7 now.
You can always download Apex Launcher from the Play Store for free. It's highly customizable. Although, my pb4 build has occasionally slowed down since installing it (not sure if that's due to the launcher or the ROM).

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can always download Apex Launcher from the Play Store for free. It's highly customizable. Although, my pb4 build has occasionally slowed down since installing it (not sure if that's due to the launcher or the ROM).
That gave me a few more problems than Nova. Between those two, I prefer Nova at the moment

but I still prefer the stock ics launcher

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hopefully this is not dead. I really love my shift, and until I can upgrade in another year or so, I would really like to be able to run ICS.
thanks for your work thusfar, hopefully there is more to come. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's a shame this phone gets no ICS love or support from HTC, its a great phone. I cant blame the developers here, its a lot of work to make something work on a phone that it wasnt designed for.
Sigh, I guess I will skip ICS, wait a short time, and get a new Jelly Bean phone.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts