Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Android Beginner
83 Posts
Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. I am not responsible for what you do on your device.

First off, this is ICS MIUI for Inc2. The base was from joelz and some libs from CM9 was used. So just to be clear of where I got stuff from.

Code:
<br />
Whats working:<br />
Phone<br />
Wifi<br />
SMS<br />
Anything else thats not broke<br />
Code:
<br />
Whats broken:<br />
Data<br />
Camera <br />
ADB<br />
com.android.phone crashes on boot once.  Because of data being broken<br />
You tell me what else<br />

DOWNLOAD

Thanks
-------------------
First and foremost this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for erishasnobattery and adrynalyne. These 2 guys helped me so much with all my problems.
dsb9938 --- for bouncing issues back and forth and talking through issues
Team BAMF --- for all the work they have done and all assistance
Everybody from #Thunderbolt --- for answering my questions when the other guys were away

·
Registered
12 Posts
Word. I'll be looking forward to when it's a little more stable and functional so it can be my daily driver. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help

Sent from my A500 using RootzWiki

·
Robot Ninja
109 Posts
what is the twitter to follow for updates?

·
Robot Ninja
109 Posts
my twitter is jmz_software. But I don't tweet like vicious. No offense to him in anyway. I just don't do that. My threads will be updated as new updates come.
Thanks - let me know if you need a tester...

·
Android Beginner
116 Posts
Why doesn't someone take the CM9 boot.img out of one of these other ROMs that is mostly working and put it in this one, see if data works.

·
Android Beginner
158 Posts
Why doesn't someone take the CM9 boot.img out of one of these other ROMs that is mostly working and put it in this one, see if data works.
Are you sure MIUI v4 is CM9 based?

·
Android Beginner
158 Posts
Yes, but we need to wait for the developer to post a comment because aero's kernal is for CM9. We just don't know if its compatible or not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It worked, the kernel installed and booted fine. Problem is bootmanager is a bad test since data is broken in all MIUI roms through bootmanager.... but at least we know Aeroevans v7 kernel will work but not sure if it fixes anything.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
just thought I should share a few things.

Flashing a "unsupported" kernel wont brick your phone, you just flash a working kernel or restore a backup to fix.

I tested it with evans kernel and data is still broken, the default kernel is by evan also, just not the v7 one.

I heard over on XDA that @wdfowty is working on this now and we lost protekk. I am not sure how accurate this is, anyone care to verify I am very interested in a port for this on our under appreciated phone

1 - 20 of 21 Posts