Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I always prefer certain data to be hidden from the gallery...

So i use the .nomedia file...

But here even after pasting it in sme folder the images and videos of that folder shows up in the gallery...

Contents placed in Android/data and gameloft/games are the only places where the .nomedia files seem to be supported...

Btw third party apps ve no such prob and hides the files properly... (eg. MX Video Player)...

:D:rolleyes::D
Thanks to the entire team for bringing ics to our beloved sgs...

Edit : i use the .nomedia file which was already presnt in Android/data...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey just wanted to ask u smething... nt posting at xda as ppl are whining as well as flaming out there

Can u try making a call and when the othr phone is ringing can u press the home button and minimize the call... u ll find that on pulling notification bar the time starts on itself even if phone is still ringing...

Next if u tap on that and enter call screen again and then again on minimizing the time resets and starts frm zero again even if the user at the othr end hasnt picked the call...

Is this a feature of ics or an issue... sorry if this is a knwn thing... posting out of curiosity...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm having problems with Titanium Backup. The backups don't work. I've tried a couple of 4.0.4 ROMs in between but the backups have been taken from ICSSGS.

Also Gallery has duplicates of every picture? The 'wrong' ones can't be previewed, though...
Go to settings > apps > all > and then do clear cache and data for media storage and gallery... then reboot nd wait for sme time till entire media scanner gets ovr... scanner takes lots of time...

·
Registered
17 Posts
My phone said it was running low on memory, but there was 1.6 GB left?

I couldn't resolve the issue so I tried CM9, but I think ICSSGS is much better! I can't wait for RC5!
Initially i used to delete apps or put .nodatadata file in /datadata...

Then came a stage when i used to apply those fixes via cwm...

But these days i realised that instead of doing all this we can just go to settings > apps > on sd card and then transfer sme apps to the sd card till the low storage mess went... (wait 20-30 sec aftr each app moved to sd card... the notification takes time to leave)

u can manually check the space left by going to /datadata... total size is arnd 170mbs... and it gives that notification when it becomes full to a limit...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts