Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys, congratulations for the amazing work in this ROM, despite the fact that I bought a Galaxy Nexus, I'm still using my I9000B with your rom+standard kernel.

I have one question about the external sd card: I don't know if it is a bug or something, but sometimes, when I turn the mass storage of and unplug the sgs from my pc (after put more songs or videos in it) the external sd_card disappears. I found the "reason"why this happen, when i umount the device in ubuntu and then i unmount it in the device all goes okay, but when I just press the umount in the device the sd card disappears.

this is something that was expect to occur or this is a bug, the umount in the device should force the umount in the pc? I don't know if this happens in windows (try to just umount without "remove with safety".

Thanks again for the time that you guys expend creating this rom, keep it up!

Sorry for my bad english and let the RC5 come, I have enough cookies to wait for it ^^

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hello guys, congratulations for the amazing work in this ROM, despite the fact that I bought a Galaxy Nexus, I'm still using my I9000B with your rom+standard kernel.

I have one question about the external sd card: I don't know if it is a bug or something, but sometimes, when I turn the mass storage of and unplug the sgs from my pc (after put more songs or videos in it) the external sd_card disappears. I found the "reason"why this happen, when i umount the device in ubuntu and then i unmount it in the device all goes okay, but when I just press the umount in the device the sd card disappears.

this is something that was expect to occur or this is a bug, the umount in the device should force the umount in the pc? I don't know if this happens in windows (try to just umount without "remove with safety".

Thanks again for the time that you guys expend creating this rom, keep it up!

Sorry for my bad english and let the RC5 come, I have enough cookies to wait for it ^^
Yep, on windows you can just press unmount on the device and things will go fine. However on unix systems you must first unmount on the computer then unmount on the phone itself in order to not cause any issues. However if you only press unmount on the device, a simple reboot and your back to normal. Does the Galaxy Nexus have the same behaviour?

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Yep, on windows you can just press unmount on the device and things will go fine. However on unix systems you must first unmount on the computer then unmount on the phone itself in order to not cause any issues. However if you only press unmount on the device, a simple reboot and your back to normal. Does the Galaxy Nexus have the same behaviour?
Galaxy Nexus doesn't have an internal sdCard like the Galaxy S, it uses MTP to connect to computers. This is as far as I know, of course, seeing that I don't actually own one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

Been using this ROM for the past 2-3 weeks and I find it very stable compared to my previous ROM where the phone freezes 3-5 times in a day. My phone have not had any similar freeze since I used this ROM. Thank you so much. However, I've some enquiries pertaining to this ROM.

How do I make a 3G video call using this ROM? I don't see any 3G video call function in the dialer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having problems with Titanium Backup. The backups don't work. I've tried a couple of 4.0.4 ROMs in between but the backups have been taken from ICSSGS.

Also Gallery has duplicates of every picture? The 'wrong' ones can't be previewed, though...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm having problems with Titanium Backup. The backups don't work. I've tried a couple of 4.0.4 ROMs in between but the backups have been taken from ICSSGS.

Also Gallery has duplicates of every picture? The 'wrong' ones can't be previewed, though...
Go to settings > apps > all > and then do clear cache and data for media storage and gallery... then reboot nd wait for sme time till entire media scanner gets ovr... scanner takes lots of time...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
My phone said it was running low on memory, but there was 1.6 GB left?

I couldn't resolve the issue so I tried CM9, but I think ICSSGS is much better! I can't wait for RC5!
There's quite a few solutions to this already, you can nab our data fixer from google code or try another solution(search).

·
Registered
17 Posts
My phone said it was running low on memory, but there was 1.6 GB left?

I couldn't resolve the issue so I tried CM9, but I think ICSSGS is much better! I can't wait for RC5!
Initially i used to delete apps or put .nodatadata file in /datadata...

Then came a stage when i used to apply those fixes via cwm...

But these days i realised that instead of doing all this we can just go to settings > apps > on sd card and then transfer sme apps to the sd card till the low storage mess went... (wait 20-30 sec aftr each app moved to sd card... the notification takes time to leave)

u can manually check the space left by going to /datadata... total size is arnd 170mbs... and it gives that notification when it becomes full to a limit...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I have used 4.2 but the battery drain was so bad that I went back to MIUI. I really like the ROM, so thanks for your hard work. I am now on AOKP build 31. I have to say that I am mightily impressed. It's 4.0.4 and the Android system battery drain issue really is gone. It looks great and is fast. I'm looking forward to icssgs with 4.0.4 but till then I'm an aokp convert.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a problem... this morning i flash the datafix.zip and when i reboot my i9000 appear this message:
your device has no sdcard or your sd card is out of space

So I try to reflash the datafix to revert but when I start the flash appear this message:
assert failed: run_program("/tmp/checker.sh")=0
E:Error in /sdcard/DataFix.zip (status 7)
Installation aborted.

Why? What can I do??

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
i have a problem... this morning i flash the datafix.zip and when i reboot my i9000 appear this message:
your device has no sdcard or your sd card is out of space

So I try to reflash the datafix to revert but when I start the flash appear this message:
assert failed: run_program("/tmp/checker.sh")=0
E:Error in /sdcard/DataFix.zip (status 7)
Installation aborted.

Why? What can I do??
The datafix doesn't touch your sdcard in any way. I can't really help you as that is almost no information, but the error means that there is something wrong, and you can't restore back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The datafix doesn't touch your sdcard in any way. I can't really help you as that is almost no information, but the error means that there is something wrong, and you can't restore back.
Do you need more information?? If you want to know something, please tell me and I try to tell you...

Otherwise, i think that the "solution" is a wipe or a reflash of the rom (i talk in chat also whit cantIntoCode and he tell me the seme thing that i think). But this problem can cause any incovenience on my device??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I really love this rom, I've tried some others too but this is the best IMO. But I have a problem
I installed the new build of cyanogen mod 9, then I came back to RC 4.2 (After doing all wipes, of course) and now my notification bar disappeared! What can I do? And I can't change wallpaper as well!

41 - 60 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.