678 Posts
Mod Type:: ROM

Difficulty:: Moderate

Mod Status:: Alpha

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
Oh hai thar guise

Please find below an early alpha build of CM9 ICS for the Infuse 4G. Please read this entire post before flashing or posting.

Incomplete list of working features:
  • RIL (calls/sms/data)
  • WiFi
  • internal and external sdcards
  • USB mass storage
  • Camera & Camcorder on both rear and front-facing cameras
  • Orientation and proximity sensors
  • Hardware and software video decoding (video playback)
  • Hardware acceleration and composition
  • GPS
Incomplete list of non-working features:
  • Bluetooth
  • TvOut

Updated 04/14 - BUILD2
  • Fixed GPS with a kernel patch from LinuxBozo/Entropy512
  • Added OC/UV capabilities to kernel
  • Added Voodoo Sound - NOTE: this has been modified to be used with CM9's built in DSPManager application. I do not know if supercurio has yet modified his Voodoo Control application to be compatible with kernels using this approach.
  • Added support for Galaxy Dock Redirector application
  • Added InfuseParts app, found under Settings > Advanced - allows control of mdnie modes, HSPA toggles, and tvout (tvout functions are untested)

Downloads:

http://www.mediafire...m0zb6jzegzmgwyx - ROM BUILD1 - md5sum: 4cbe22db40921742856e07120514e8f1

http://www.mediafire.com/?8e3eg7d03o95982 - ROM BUILD2 - md5sum: 6f59716ec46dcdfb1798d8e1553da2b4

http://goo.im/gapps/...0317-signed.zip - GApps

http://www.mediafire...2000k5y512spft4 - CWM Recovery - md5sum: d5331b5271df8bab3a3d808fd1f3f820

Instructions:
  • Make a backup of your current ROM
  • Flash the CWM recovery linked above using Odin, or open the tar file and flash the zImage using Heimdall
  • Boot into CWM recovery using the 3-button combination
  • Wipe Data/Factory Reset, then go to "mounts and storage" and format system
  • Flash ROM
  • Go to "mounts and storage" again, mount system, then flash GApps package
  • Reboot into CM9 :)
Bugs and other Caveats:
  • GPS is completely disabled at this time, since Samsung's binaries are completely broken on ICS. Not sure if this is fixable or not - GPS fixed in BUILD2
  • Advanced Settings FC's due to missing tvout libs (possibly fixable in the future) - Fixed in BUILD2
  • The camera's auto-flash feature does not work. Manually turn on the flash if you need it.
  • If your device is currently using Froyo bootloaders, the new CWM recovery will be very distorted and you will see "rainbow" artifacts when your device boots up. To fix, flash Gingerbread bootloaders and all will appear normal. Your device will however have a new "download mode" with a binary kernel flash counter. Meh.
  • This ROM will convert your device to the ext4 filesystem at this time. Conversion to MTD is planned for future releases. Keep this in mind.
Souce code:
If you would like to view the source code, or download it so you can compile it yourself, the code for everything posted here is on my github.That source code, plugged into the CM9 source code, is all that is required to compile the ROM at this time.

• Much thanks to teamhacksung (especially pawitp!) for much of the code and ideas used in this ROM
  • TeamRefuse (LinuxBozo, Entropy512, bedwa, et al) for the CM7 source tree I started with
  • The CyanogenMod team of course for their codebase
  • Much thanks to bedwa for lending me his phone to work on
Post about your experiences and/or issues with this software here in this thread. Do not PM me, tweet me, email me, etc, I'll ignore you.

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very nice much thanks
Oh hai thar guise

Please find below an early alpha build of CM9 ICS for the Infuse 4G. Please read this entire post before flashing or posting.

• RIL (calls/sms/data)
  • WiFi
  • USB mass storage
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • TvOut
Downloads:

http://www.mediafire...m0zb6jzegzmgwyx - ROM BUILD1 - md5sum: 4cbe22db40921742856e07120514e8f1

http://www.mediafire...2000k5y512spft4 - CWM Recovery - md5sum: d5331b5271df8bab3a3d808fd1f3f820

Instructions:
  • Flash the CWM recovery linked above using Odin, or open the tar file and flash the zImage using Heimdall
  • Flash ROM
Bugs and other Caveats:
  • GPS is completely disabled at this time, since Samsung's binaries are completely broken on ICS. Not sure if this is fixable or not
  • Advanced Settings FC's due to missing tvout libs (possibly fixable in the future)
  • The camera's auto-flash feature does not work. Manually turn on the flash if you need it.
  • If your device is currently using Froyo bootloaders, the new CWM recovery will be very distorted and you will see "rainbow" artifacts when your device boots up. To fix, flash Gingerbread bootloaders and all will appear normal. Your device will however have a new "download mode" with a binary kernel flash counter. Meh.
  • This ROM will convert your device to the ext4 filesystem at this time. Conversion to MTD is planned for future releases. Keep this in mind.
Souce code:
If you would like to view the source code, or download it so you can compile it yourself, the code for everything posted here is on my github.That source code, plugged into the CM9 source code, is all that is required to compile the ROM at this time.

• Much thanks to teamhacksung (especially pawitp!) for much of the code and ideas used in this ROM
  • TeamRefuse (LinuxBozo, Entropy512, bedwa, et al) for the CM7 source tree I started with
Post about your experiences and/or issues with this software here in this thread. Do not PM me, tweet me, email me, etc, I'll ignore you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very nice much thanks
Oh hai thar guise

• RIL (calls/sms/data)
  • WiFi
  • USB mass storage
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • TvOut
Downloads:

Instructions:
  • Flash ROM
Bugs and other Caveats:
  • GPS is completely disabled at this time, since Samsung's binaries are completely broken on ICS. Not sure if this is fixable or not
  • Advanced Settings FC's due to missing tvout libs (possibly fixable in the future)
Souce code:

·
For Us By Us
287 Posts
Wow, thanks!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Pseudo-dev
31 Posts
I personally may only have one or two commits in the cm7 kernel code, but am glad I could at least loan the device. Kudos to the progress so far JT. :)

Reactions: beastonprowl

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wiped anyway from the preview to this. I get paranoid about stuff like that.
Can anybody comment on battery life? I was having problems on the preview build with Android OS battery drain, even after pulling battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hank you jt! Works well. Everything that works, works. I do have a question though, the front camera seems a lil off, almost like its pointing in another direction and the focus is off as well? As far as battery life, mine seems to be draining about the same as the preview build, gonna try another modem, I started with KJ4 I think lol, but I'm on CLB1 now, and it seemed to help some.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was getting bootloops at the Samsung/CM9 screen, even though I redid everything a few times. Finally tried without flashing gapps and it booted fine. Then rebooted to recovery, flashed gapps, and now I'm eating fresh ice cream sandwich! Thanks for the hard work!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made this comment earlier on one of the xda threads, but I was unable to get swype to work on the preview build. Have not tried Build 1 yet. The installer "stops working" when you launch it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Think I may have found the source of my battery draining; some of it had to do with Wifi sleep policies. CM9 seems to treat the Wifi sleep policies much differently than Gingerbread did. Changing to "Only when charging" has improved battery to normal levels for me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Think I may have found the source of my battery draining; some of it had to do with Wifi sleep policies. CM9 seems to treat the Wifi sleep policies much differently than Gingerbread did. Changing to "Only when charging" has improved battery to normal levels for me.
from what I've seen, most gingerbread rocks have wifi scan set to 120 in build.prop ...I just checked the build.prop and it is set to 20, I just changed it to 120 I'll let you know if it helps later :)

1 - 20 of 150 Posts