Android OS Forum banner
101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is anyone else having an issue with the GPS taking a while to lock on your respective location? Reason I ask, is I use a weather app that changes location depending on my GPS location, and so it takes a while to lock and get me current info, and sometimes when using the navigation it takes a bit longer to find location before it gives me the directions. I've found that because of the searching, it uses a bit more battery than normal. If it's a worthy bug, could you pls look into it JT, unless there's a simple fix/suggestion that anyone has to fix it. I'm still in awe at how the rest of the phone functions with ICS. JT you are the man!

Edit: I think I found another factor/bug to the battery drainage, and it may be attributed to how the phone handles deep sleep while idle. Instead of deep sleeping at 100MHz, it stay at 200MHz. I've used voltage control to try to correct it, but each time the phone reboots, it nullifies my changes. Is there a way I can fix it noobwise, or is the change supposed to happen at a kernel level?

Update: I switched to using setcpu and it seems to hold settings where it can idle at 100KHz. Voltage control wasn't working right for me. GPS still sucks a lot of juice when I have it turned on, so I only turn it on only when I need it. This ROM is still rawkin!!!

·
Pseudo-dev
31 Posts
Entropy's awesome. As is jt. I wish I had ½ their skillz.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using RootzWiki

·
Registered
84 Posts
So quiet here. Update here, update there ....
I know right? Well I'm just waiting patiently to see what JT's cooking up. He did mention in an earlier post that he's planning on dropping some added sprinkles onto his serving of ICS. So I'm just waiting patiently to see what he'll dish up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah, me too. I like JT port very much and I don't want to go to Entropy.
Entropy is making his own strides over at xda. I respect both devs for how brilliant they are and the hard work they're putting into ICS for the infuse. The reason I'm staying with JT's build is because I can undervolt the cpu and it still runs really well for my needs.Only time will tell at this point and all we need to do is wait to see what both Entropy and JT will dish out.

·
MILF
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Oooooohhhh.....nice communication skills....didn't know entropy was distributing builds over there. Meh. That's cool. I wasn't planning on working on this device forever, that's good someone else is working in on it too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oooooohhhh.....nice communication skills....didn't know entropy was distributing builds over there. Meh. That's cool. I wasn't planning on working on this device forever, that's good someone else is working in on it too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
I just wanna thank you for everything you've done for the infuse! You've made a good phone great! So with that said, what more can we see from camp JT? I'm not asking for an eta, but merely interested on the listed bug fixes in the OP and what other changes are to come before the build becomes official? Thanks again brother for your skill and talent.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

·
Registered
84 Posts
I found bug or maybe is only for me but when reboot the phone i lost my personal ringtones and system beep sound appear.

Is anyone having this issue ?
I've never noticed cos I usually set my phone to vibrate all my notifications cos of where I work. I'll test it out and get back to you on it.

Update: okay so just reporting back on above post. Not able to reproduce the ringtone error. Although I only tested with system ringtones/sounds and not any personal ones. Hopefully your are able to figure it out with more troubleshooting. Sorry I wasn't too much help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Found a fix for bad mms with pictures.
IT DOES NOT STICK DURING REBOOTS< BUT DOES WORK > JUST SENT MYSELF A PICTURE THAT WOULD NOT TRANSMIT BEFORE.

Found this on XDA I beleive:

For people having issues sending and receiving mms messages...

*update - I went into dev tools and under connectivity I clicked on "start mms", which didn't give any visual, and I was able to download a mms picture that had been failing for 2 days now.

*update 2 - Looks like the setting doesn't stick between reboots. Had to start it again after a reboot.

Like I said it did work for me, I have not rebooted yet (we will see)

Good Luck
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
P.S.
I understand that this ROM is being supported by someone else now. I think I read this on XDA. Darn ROM is great except for a few things (mms, BT, Voodoo, battery drain) hate to see it abandoned, or just left alone.
The INFUSE is a good phone, ROMS like this make it even better. Please keep up the good work.

[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys. New to rootzwiki however I have been following the ICS coming out party on both sites... here n xda. Heres a little information that has worked great for me and avoids a lot of the problems you guys are having. See.. I personally like the the functionality on Entropy's version however I like the ability to over clock. So what is installed on my phone and runs like a champ every single day is..Entrophys 4/23 that I set up they way I want.. restore and things. I also have loaded a JTs version..doesnt really have to be set up just email and minor things, which I make a back up in SGS kernel flasher. Now here is the part that I think causes most of the issues that vary across the board. When I wipe data I go all out. I will heimdall all the way back to stock. I will then flash over to uclb3 with root ..all over in xda by the way I will post all links at the bottom. Qster also have a wipe that can be flashed in CWM and I use that as well. I don't know this for sure but from my experience, things are left behind from rom to rom causing these issues and why some people have them and some don't. Don't get me wrong I still have a few bugs I believe. Tethering, wifi, wifi hotspot, car dock, voodoo "my fav", battery life is great, etc. Esentially the only thing that doesn't work is HDMI outlet. I hope that this helps and I didn't break any rules of the forum. Below is a quick breakdown of what worked for me. I am not responsible if something breaks,,,thank God you cant break and infuse..

This is broke down to a T here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1524081
or
Heimdall One-Click Back To Stock UCLB3 + Easy Clockwork Recovery Mod Install

++Please forgive me some of this might be absolutely pointless but it is the exact method I used++
Current Rom "Starting point"
Reboot into recovery
Wipe data,cache,dalvik
Flash CWM Complete wipe by Qster
I flash Heimdall back to UCLB3 use link
I then flash this recovery used here
Wipe data cache dalvik
flash Complete wipe by Qster
Format System data cache
Flash Entropy's 4/23...then i flash gapps with only wiping Dalvik no format system..works for me!
Set up to your liking and make a back up
WIpe data cache dalvik
Flash Qster Complete wipe "sometimes do this a couple times its quick"
Format system data cache
Flash JT 4/14 set up as little as needed
Download SGS kernel flasher form market if you dont already know its free
Simply go in as if you are flashing and click back up kernel
Exit our of app to home screen an turn phone off
reboot into recovery
wipe data cache dalvik
Flash complete wipe by Qster
Turn phone off and put in download mode
Use odin 1.7 and follow this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1613523
After it boots Flash recovery used here "no need to set up this rom"
Wipe data cache dalvik
Flash Qster complete wipe
format system data cache
flash recovery you made of Entropys rom and boot
Check your about phone and voltage control of your choice to determine kernel as well as you can't boost over 1200
Use SGS kernel flasher and flash kernel back up that you made from JTs rom "By the way thanks JT for all your work!!!
Uncheck the auto reboot
Flash kernel and exit the app
Turn your phone off
3 button combo to blue recovery "ICS"
And reboot system into what I currently have which is baaaad aaahhhyeaah:)

I am sure some of this is unnecessary but it is what I did and it works. This is my first post so if I messed give me a lil. Keep in mind the whole goal is too wipe as much as possible, and come from as close to stock as possible to where you want to end up.

Good Luck and I hope it helps!!

By the way I want to say thanks to QSTER..ENTROPY..AND JT for all of the hard work and time. I am a noob that has caught on rather quickly and will have something of my own shortly n saying that I realize it take time I mean a lot of it and griping from GFs and everything else so THANK YOU as our phone would be bland as all get out!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys one more thing I forgot that I found over on XDA that took care of my MMS issues though I could always send it was slow. This link breaks it all down, Keep in mind this is the captivate so you will need to take your favorite modem and do the say.

Essentially unzip the NEXUS S radio aka modem
Unizip UCLB3 or whatever modem u like
Take out the radio.imp file from nexus rename to modem.bin and replace the modem.bin in uclb3
Zip it back up and put it on ur SDCARD
Flash it in CWM after wiping only dalvik
If for some reason that does not work try again with flashing dalvik and partition "both caches"

Anyways thought I would share that with you cause to be honest you dont know service til you do this because i rarely ever have less that full bars

Thanks again!
John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys one more thing I forgot that I found over on XDA that took care of my MMS issues though I could always send it was slow. This link breaks it all down, Keep in mind this is the captivate so you will need to take your favorite modem and do the say.

Essentially unzip the NEXUS S radio aka modem
Unizip UCLB3 or whatever modem u like
Take out the radio.imp file from nexus rename to modem.bin and replace the modem.bin in uclb3
Zip it back up and put it on ur SDCARD
Flash it in CWM after wiping only dalvik
If for some reason that does not work try again with flashing dalvik and partition "both caches"

Anyways thought I would share that with you cause to be honest you dont know service til you do this because i rarely ever have less that full bars

Thanks again!
John
This would be very useful to post or at least specify which Nexus S radio to use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So sorry about that I am not sure why it did not stick. Here is the link to the captivate modems. What you can do is download the ones he did for captivate extract the modem.bin and paste in an infuse modem. You can also just grab the nexus radio and follow the instructions. I am just a messenger with this all thanks go to him. Here is the link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1493225

·
Registered
84 Posts
So sorry about that I am not sure why it did not stick. Here is the link to the captivate modems. What you can do is download the ones he did for captivate extract the modem.bin and paste in an infuse modem. You can also just grab the nexus radio and follow the instructions. I am just a messenger with this all thanks go to him. Here is the link

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1493225
So have you seen any success yourself with these radios, and how long have you tested them for. I'm currently running the KI3 modem for the galaxy s 4G and it's been running well. If the Nexus S radios are more compatible with ICS, then I might try them out based on your feedback. Thanks for the find.

101 - 120 of 150 Posts