Android OS Forum banner
2921 - 2940 of 2979 Posts

·
Hey now!
92 Posts
That message originates from the faster /datadata partition mounting, its 180mb and is used for app data storage.

I think I have some info about it in the OP, and I know you can search around and find a zip to remount as the slower but larger /data/data setup, that will give you the full 2GB to play with. Your other option is to reduce the amount of apps you use, and if on, turn your sync settings in email or gmail down to a day or two.

Sent from the ICZen Experience
Hey now! Instead of remounting, is there any possible way to save any of those apps on the external micro SD card? I have more than enough space on there, but it seems like all those apps need to stay on the internal memory. Any options here?

·
like a tree down by the water baby i shall not mov
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,922 ·
Well, under Settings-Apps (then drill into the App) there is the Move to Sd Card option, but I think that'll slow things down as well, and its data would most likely still be stored in the /datadata partition.

·
Hey now!
92 Posts
Well, under Settings-Apps (then drill into the App) there is the Move to Sd Card option, but I think that'll slow things down as well, and its data would most likely still be stored in the /datadata partition.
Ah, gotcha. So, is there any way to add more apps without filling up the phones memory and/or slowing things down overall? It seems odd that Samsung gave us such a relatively small amount of internal memory.

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,924 ·
Its not Sammy, its an AOSP thing. It breaks down to the different nand chips respective sizes and speeds, and how it mounts.

Long story short, stock, that is /data/data partition is on the slower but larger nand chip. Remember how shitty Twiz was, and we needed Voodoo to make things better? Voodoo lagfix was a twiz specific fix of changing to a different file system that allowed for faster reads, on the stock mounting points. Thats why it took so long if you set it up with a lot of apps to move, it had a lot of data to move around. I got a little off track I think.

We can still mount /data/data to the larger, slower nand chip, but the filesystem aosp builds use are a different critter from the stock Sammy twiz builds. DD's choice was to mount to the faster /datadata partition, the partition that also holds the OS, but it is much smaller, and only has so much space to go around.

I guess that made a long story long, so long story short, no. Or nobody has found a happy median yet.

Sent from the ICZen Experience

·
Kickin it with the ZenMafia Family...
352 Posts
I always wondered if there's not a clean way to expand the partition size but I guess if there was someone would have done it already.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed a few days ago. Zen has beed Great aside from one issue, I cant get the battery to charge to full and if i reboot the battery allways reads a much lower amount than before the restart(if i restart at 52% it may boot up at 6%). I have calibrated the battery ay 98% which is the highest it will go. I will re-flash the rom to see if it was a bad flash.

911 calls do work on this rom. I had to use it today.

·
MMM DD Bacon
1,212 Posts
@cedric357
On the battery charging issue, when you get to 98% (or whatever it maxes out at) unplug you charger, power off your vibe and plug up again. When it fully charges power it up... should reach 100% from that point on

Sent from my SGH-T999 using RootzWiki

·
<Does Not Compute> Resume Eating Bacon!
195 Posts
What I do to get my battery to %100 is ;

I unplug the charger.

Turn on GPS test (the one with the bars)
Making sure it is set to keep the screen on.

Plug the charger back in.

Then it charges to %100

Works every time.

Something about stoping the phone from going into deep sleep allows it to charge to full.

Sent from My Vibrant on Ice Cream Zenwhich with a major BACON craving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks guys it has been getting better. It still hasnt reached 100% but it seems to display the same battery amount after a restart now. Maybe it just took longer for the batstats.bin to rebuild? This is the first ICS rom that I have left on my phone for more than a day. I guss I am just used to the process with froyo roms.

·
Maintainer of the Evil Fuzzy Cat
84 Posts
I cant get mine to lock at all. i have gotten used to not using it. 0/0 in Gps test and navi says no gps.
The standard response seems to be: 1) turn on GPS 2) reboot 3) immediately use GPS Test to get a lock before the phone goes into any kind of sleep 4) success...

If that doesn't work for you I'd do the Vibrant antenna fix (Google for it).

·
Registered
7 Posts
The standard response seems to be: 1) turn on GPS 2) reboot 3) immediately use GPS Test to get a lock before the phone goes into any kind of sleep 4) success...
Wow. Thanks for this. This got my Vibrant GPS working for the first time ever.

So now, every time I get lost, I've just got to reboot, and wait ten minutes to find out where I am! :)

·
Maintainer of the Evil Fuzzy Cat
84 Posts
Wow. Thanks for this. This got my Vibrant GPS working for the first time ever.

So now, every time I get lost, I've just got to reboot, and wait ten minutes to find out where I am! :)
Good to hear. If you leave GPS on it should work after deep sleep. However, on some phones, mine included, that results in massive battery suck, so yeah, finding my way about with GPS on the Vibrant takes some pre-planning...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, new guy here! followed the directions on the first post and recently flashed ICZen 1.8.5. Everything went pretty good and loving the zen. Why does my baseband version says T959UVKA7? screenshot on the first post says T959UVKB5, everything on the screenshots matches except for the baseband. I have no problems with data and stuff, just wondering.

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,937 ·
Hey guys, new guy here! followed the directions on the first post and recently flashed ICZen 1.8.5. Everything went pretty good and loving the zen. Why does my baseband version says T959UVKA7? screenshot on the first post says T959UVKB5, everything on the screenshots matches except for the baseband. I have no problems with data and stuff, just wondering.
If you already had the KA7 modem, or any other ICS compatible modem installed, the install script won't flash the KB5 modem. No reason to worry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 running whatever I just built

·
Registered
26 Posts
Love this rom, super snappy it is, and GPS at least works works great after reboot. I will make a donation as soon as get around to adding some doe to my Paypal account.

I saw a post a few pages back talking about system speed and wanted to ask of you think this being ported to the vibrant would help, it's pretty nice on my HD2

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/htc-hd2-android-roms-reinvented-introducing-nativesd/

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,940 ·
When I try to download Zen Themed Bubbles MMS v2, I get an error that the file is not found on goo.im. Is the file located elsewhere now? Could somebody reload it? Thanks!
That one I will need someone to upload for us, I lost the zip, and then it was lost to me forever when goo.im had a glitch and it deleted everyone's files. I keep forgetting to fix that link, or remove it until I can get a copy of that zip again.

Anyone still have that zip lying around somewhere?

2921 - 2940 of 2979 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.