Android OS Forum banner

[ROM]Jellybean Developer Preview from Google I/O, Altered to Function on the VZW Galaxy Nexus

135K views 488 replies 162 participants last post by  ronnieruff 
Sorry in advance, but I am really new to customizing. I have a Galaxy Nexus with 4.0.4 flashed. I am rooted and my bootloader is unlocked. I am curious about this update, is it as simple as putting the file on my CD card, booting into CWR and installing the zip? The only reason I ask is I really depend on my phone and am reluctant in the event I really screw something up.

I have CWR touch installed and Titanium Back up pro. Can someone confirm my steps.

Take a full back up with Titanium Back Up
Drop the file on my SD card
Boot into recovery
Do a full wipe
Install zip and reboot.

Do I need to install google apps? (Coming from a DX on CM7, only experience with ROMs) Is it a good idea to have a factory image on my SD card in the event something goes wrong I will have a back up?

Thanks in advance.

Hi mharmon,

The steps I used were:

1. Titanium backup - backup app data.

2. OPTIONAL:
Titanium Backup menu - create update.zip (as a system file).

3. Reboot into recovery and make backup of your current system ( will make complete backup of your phone just in case you want to return to what you had).

4. Reboot into recovery again and wipe data cache, then wipe partition cache, then go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache.
5. Then go back to the root menu and select "install from zip > choose zip to install > navigate to where you installed jelly bean and select it and install.

Reboot

OPTIONAL if you made the update.zip:
5. Go back to main menu and select " mount" and choose "Mount/System". Then navigate to "install from zip again" go to where you saved the update.zip for Titanium backup and install.

5a. When the phone boots do not enter you information yet. Instead tap the corners of the screen starting with the top left, then top right, then bottom right, and bottom left. This will let you bypass activation and install your apps.

Titanium backup should be in your apps. Restore apps, reboot, login to Google account.

Hope this helps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Thanks. One other quick question, I lost track, will I also need the wifi file or is the file posted in the OP good to go? I'll give this a shot, resetting and uninstalling Google Wallet now to take my back up, then I'll go from there.

dropbox is working fine on my phone. what issues you having?
It is actually with both Box and Dropbox. From my download folder, I chose the share option to upload an .apk to my dropbox and keep getting the message 'dropbox has stopped working'. I can upload other files from other locations, it must have something to do with the downloads folder.

No issues here with my camera or camcorder. This honestly seems to be the most bug free ROM that I have tried on my nexus (ICS or JB). I guess I'm just lucky but I honestly feel that this build works so well its almost as if it came from OTA. :D
I did notice on CamScanner that the image I took did not save, other than that, my regular camera is working fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.