Android OS Forum banner
101 - 120 of 154 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
Lakers3408 said:
Well I got my Haptic feedback working again, I thought to myself what do I got to lose so I picked my phone up and let it drop on my desk from like a foot, that's all it took was for me to drop my phone on my desk and now it works. LMAO!!! :tongue3:
When all else fails... I would definitely still consider getting a replacement because next time you might have to drop it from 2 feet, then 3 feet, and well... you see where this is going :android-smile:

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Lakers3408 said:
Well I got my Haptic feedback working again, I thought to myself what do I got to lose so I picked my phone up and let it drop on my desk from like a foot, that's all it took was for me to drop my phone on my desk and now it works. LMAO!!! :tongue3:
Lmao, that is funny. But I agree, still go for the replacement.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Ok - I guess Im writing to confrim my findings. When I installled Asgard a few programs failed to work any more: Swiss Army Knife, numerous compass apps, numerous level apps, Screebl. I installed a program called AndroSensors and sure enough it shows all of them working. To me this means the apps have 2.3* ROM issues and not the ROM. Am I correct? Thanks

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I've been running Asgard 3.1 since 2 days now and in my battery usage Maps seem to be eating up the most battery. even more than display. Is anyone else having the same issue? If yes, then what is the way to stop Maps from taking up the whole battery. I havent used any GPS or location based services in the past couple of days.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
MopedRyder said:
Ok - I guess Im writing to confrim my findings. When I installled Asgard a few programs failed to work any more: Swiss Army Knife, numerous compass apps, numerous level apps, Screebl. I installed a program called AndroSensors and sure enough it shows all of them working. To me this means the apps have 2.3* ROM issues and not the ROM. Am I correct? Thanks
I also noticed that Screebl works when first installed then after a reboot it stops working.

I also noticed when running Quadrant that 2 of the 3 3D graphics are messed up. The 1st (hallway and steps) is not in full detail and the 2nd one (spinning planets) are NOT in detail and color, just black and white. :_con:

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
MopedRyder said:
I have had intermittent problems with some GB roms and Screebl. I installed ScreenOn and it works. I cannot get SGS Tools to work for the GPS tool. I can do the DNS fix but not the Secret Code/GPS fixes. It FC's every time.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Whitehawkx said:
Wifi works once again. :)
Thanks, Whitehawkx! The latest patch fixed my WiFi (which I hadn't even realized was broken at first). Switched over to Asgard from CM7. Asgard is more stable with a MUCH better battery life! Thanks for a great ROM!

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Came from Bi-Winning - did not disable voodoo - flashed bootloaders first (wanted to verify that they were really backward compatible - and they are) - did a factory reset - ODIN'd to Asgard - system partition converted to ext4 on first boot - CWM'd Additional apps. Uneventful (the good kind).

All my "core" apps installed and/or configured and working fine. Only been running half a day so far, but this is very smooth - running fast and not heating up. No problems with Data or Wi-Fi, haven't played with GPS yet. This is a nice GB ROM - as usual, you guys set the bar high :)

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
hernandez5683 said:
How do I get the video chat to show up in gtalk. I don't see the little camera icon. Am I missing something?
Do you have a front facing camera? or does it work with the regular camera?

Also does anyone have the original wallpaper from the OP, i changed backgrounds and then i couldn't find the original one again?

·
Veteran of the G1 Era
357 Posts
A bit disappointed.... if wifi is all that was fixed, there should NOT have been every single app force closing after the update. Please go back to providing no-wipe CWM versions, that worked perfectly fine last time, this ODIN mess does not work NO WIPE, I don't know if it's how you packed it or if it is just ODIN, but please go back to CWM releases.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
To people not getting data:

I experienced this too but I fixed it by going to Settings -> Wifi and Network -> and the automatically detect provider (not sure what its called) and once it detected T-Mobile and AT&T, I selected T-Mobile and was able to get data back.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
aaronhiep said:

Also does anyone have the original wallpaper from the OP, i changed backgrounds and then i couldn't find the original one again?
Yes I have the FFC mod installed and it works fine everywhere else but in gtalk. As for the wallpaper, I too would like to have it for the same reasons.

·
The Answer
122 Posts
The Swype beta hates Asgard for some reason.... even after removing EVERYTHING I can't even get it to install. I saw another user say his dictionary just went to $hit.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
For swype, I uninstall through titanium backup, then reboot and install with the swype installer. Works every time.

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
rasxd said:
For swype, I uninstall through titanium backup, then reboot and install with the swype installer. Works every time.
Yep, works every time my dictionary disappears :) Twice so far since I installed 3.1.2. Still loving the rom regardless...

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
aaronhiep said:

extract framework-res.apk from original Asgard zip using root explorer, then copy paste to system>>framework folder. reboot and you should have the original background again. At least thats how i do it everytime i want to restore wallpaper.

101 - 120 of 154 Posts