Android OS Forum banner
121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
hernandez5683 said:
Yes I have the FFC mod installed and it works fine everywhere else but in gtalk. As for the wallpaper, I too would like to have it for the same reasons.
The version of gtalk that comes with the rom doesnt support the ffc, try this one from xilard

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13976634&postcount=414

I cant attach the apk, due to filesize

One a separate note,

I cant recieve phone calls, either through TMO or through GVoice. I get one ring, no screen change and it goes to voicemail. I also dont get any missed call notification. I can make calls through both services. I odin to jfd and double flash 3.1.2. tested before i installed any apps, only add my google accounts. I did try the phone fix from Ali's revolution rom( http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo....4) 6.28.11 LINK UP - xda-developers&txt=THIS ), same results

one more thing @ white, where would you like us to post here or edt?

·
<Does Not Compute> Resume Eating Bacon!
195 Posts
aaronhiep said:
Do you have a front facing camera? or does it work with the regular camera?

Also does anyone have the original wallpaper from the OP, i changed backgrounds and then i couldn't find the original one again?
Here is the Original Wallpaper.
http://www.multiupload.com/099MADOVTL

I tried to attach it to the post but would not let me.

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
Anyone else having issues with Chrome2Phone? I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app on phone and clearing data. And uninstalling/reinstalling the extension on Chrome and it still says "no device registered".

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Meant to put on bi-winning (or some other ROM where I'm very comfortable with the reliability), but ran out of time...so Asgard was my ROM for this looooong weekend away from "civilization"...

I didn't bother with GPS, because after being used to near instant locks in bi-winning...it just frustrates me. Everything else I use on my phone though - worked great. I did have to hook to my charger before the end of each day...but this is likely because I keep it OC'd at 400/1200 (100/800 off screen profile), and I was right on the boarder of service - going from 0 to 1 bars (in and out). Also, T-Mobile's 3G coverage along the north shore of Lake Superior seems to be a complete lie...so email/gmail trying to DL over "E"...probably didn't help things either. And...I keep brightness cranked.

Took lots of pictures and videos, listened to music and audio books, played games, calls, texts, email/gmail, googled random facts, got weather updates, tracked storms... This ROM preformed like a champ. No lag, glitches, freezes, FCs, reboots, or any other problems. Smooth, fast, responsive... using TW launcher, btw, and have Camera set as custom app for 4-tab lock screen - VERY convenient for vacation - together with the music controls (which also work for Audible), I'll bet my vacation productivity would be way up...if there was a metric to track such a thing...

Nice f'n ROM guys! Seriously.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
This ROM is great! I really appreciate all the work EDT, and Whitehawkx, for this. It made my phone fun again....I know, almost every EDT ROM does that, but for real. Thank you. I have noticed one thing...after I finish a phone call and the screen goes dark I have to press the unlock/power button a few times to get it to light up again. But other than that....SWEET!

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
I'm having several issues. I'm hoping someone has seen some of these and can advise.

I came from Bionix NextGen. I used Odin to go back to JFD then flashed Asgard with Odin. After that, I flashed Green Android Logo bootloader. Then last I flashed Additional_Asgard_Apps.zip

I get a lot of FC with Visual Voicemail.

When a call comes in, I am unable to silence the ringer with the vol up or down key.

Sometimes when I wake the phone only some of the home screen shows. I have to press home to get it to show up.

The biggest issue I have is that the phone has rebooted about 11 times in the past two days while on a call. It only does it while on a call. It's done it while talking and several times when I would check the screen to see what time it was. The screen won't wake up when I pull the phone away from my face. If I press the power button, nothing happens. It will drop the call, then it reboots.

Other than these issues, I like this ROM a lot. I hope I can get this stuff ironed out.

Any suggestions?

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Yeah, I did that twice. For some reason Asgard just didn't get along with my phone. I flashed Simply over top this morning and so far it's running great.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I still can not get any data signal. Wifi works great, but no data. Any ideas?

Even without data signal this ROM is awesome!

Nevermind. I installed the add-on apps for about the 100th time. This time I selected not to share location information with Google, unlike the other 99 times. Apparently that fixed my issues.

Now this ROM really rocks! Thanks to all the developers who made this!

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Not sure where to begin. So....

3 weeks ago I had installed 3.1 and everything ran fine except random reboots (I'll get to that later). odined 3.1.2 and still had the random reboots. Switched back to nextgen2 and only had the issues with random reboots
AFTER I switched to the immortality kernel and started using the smartass governor. (which was what I was using on asgard, switched back to conservative, not more random reboots). Went to reinstall asgard last night, after the third reboot every time my phone would lock up. Tried for 2 hours to reinstall. Each time I odined back to stock, then used the update.zip that roots and enters into green recovery. Would flash 3.1 the odin 3.1.2 after letting it sit and what not. Tried just to odin 3.1.2 from stock and had the same issue. Am I missing something? I'm at a loss on what I might have forgot to do. Unless I'm supposed to odin the gb bootloaders every time I want to run a gb rom. Any input would be great.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
dominoslave said:
Not sure where to begin. So....

3 weeks ago I had installed 3.1 and everything ran fine except random reboots (I'll get to that later). odined 3.1.2 and still had the random reboots. Switched back to nextgen2 and only had the issues with random reboots
AFTER I switched to the immortality kernel and started using the smartass governor. (which was what I was using on asgard, switched back to conservative, not more random reboots). Went to reinstall asgard last night, after the third reboot every time my phone would lock up. Tried for 2 hours to reinstall. Each time I odined back to stock, then used the update.zip that roots and enters into green recovery. Would flash 3.1 the odin 3.1.2 after letting it sit and what not. Tried just to odin 3.1.2 from stock and had the same issue. Am I missing something? I'm at a loss on what I might have forgot to do. Unless I'm supposed to odin the gb bootloaders every time I want to run a gb rom. Any input would be great.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
Odin back to JFD and start over clean. Reflash the ROM and don't mess around with other kernels or your CPU settings. Many Vibrants simply cannot handle being OC'd or UV'd in any way. I know that is how mine is. Anytime I mess with OC/UV settings I start getting random reboots.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
i've had no problems overclocking in the past. the problem i'm having with asgard this time around is that it freezes right after completing the media scan. i'm not even getting to the point of flashing a different kernal or reinstalling my apps. install, wait 15, reboot, sign into google, wait reboot, boots up, scans media, freeze.i'm going to odin to stock, odin stock bootloaders and start over

EDIT:the only time i ever got random reboots was with smartass

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
just flashed your awesome rom and upped the kernel to cmenards 1.54 kernel and all i can say is DAAAANNNNNGGGGG!!!!!

is there any way to add the stay awake option into the developement settings.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
"bush2088 said:
just flashed your awesome rom and upped the kernel to cmenards 1.54 kernel and all i can say is DAAAANNNNNGGGGG!!!!!

is there any way to add the stay awake option into the developement settings.
Do you have a link to that kernel? The link on here gives me a .tar file it didn't say anything about odin. Thanx!

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Brare said:
So after help from Whitehawx via twitter, I've come to find that if you are not getting a lock on any satelites, try using the free version of "GPS Test". Worked like a charm for me. I immediately got a lock on 7/10 sats.

I was using "GPS STATUS Free" from market but it wasn't getting any locks at all.
So with "GPS TEST Free" I got the locks.
umm GPS test does nothing but "read" the sky for satellites...

It's not working for me...sat for over 20 mins and had 1 lock for like 15 seconds.... that by any definition is not working gps :/

121 - 140 of 154 Posts