Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
like a tree down by the water baby i shall not mov
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ah crap, I pulled all those files from my dropbox and uploaded to my goo.im account, I forgot to fix the links though. When I get back to my pc at the office, I'll post the link for you.

Sent from the ICZen Experience

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You're quite welcome, and thanks for bringing that to my attention. I moved all the files over this last weekend, just forgot to update everything here, lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apologies, I'm a noob at this and just switched from Team Whiskey's Bionix NextGen V2. I flashed this ROM on my Vibrant (running GoLauncher on Froyo 2.2) and am playing around with it, however a few issues have popped up:
-whenever I go into Settings and click on Display, the Settings app crashes. Any known reasons for this? Due to this, I can't change the brightness of the screen;
-the Market keeps FC'ing on me and I can't uninstall/reinstall (EDIT= I finally got it working by wiping the cache data);
-no Swype on the keyboard?
-how do I flash the camera app (I can't seem to find any useful info online)?
-lastly anyway to overclock to 1.2 GHZ? It seems to max out at 1GHZ.

Again, sorry if these are really noob questions but I figure it never hurts to ask.
Thanks!

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Welcome to Zen

I'm not running this anymore, but I would check the MD5 of your download. Settings - Display never used to crash, did you perform a full wipe when you flashed this as per the instructions? Maybe try fixing permissions and clearing the cache in recovery.

Keyboard is stock, I detest swype, so no swype is bundled with the rom

You flash the camera app through recovery

The kernel does not support OC to my recollection

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to Zen

I'm not running this anymore, but I would check the MD5 of your download. Settings - Display never used to crash, did you perform a full wipe when you flashed this as per the instructions? Maybe try fixing permissions and clearing the cache in recovery.

Keyboard is stock, I detest swype, so no swype is bundled with the rom

You flash the camera app through recovery

The kernel does not support OC to my recollection
Yep, did the whole wipe when I flashed the ROM via ROM Manager. I'm not sure how to fix permissions in Recovery, and I'm wondering what clearing the cache in Recovery will do. Will I have to reinstall everything again?

·
Android Beginner
21 Posts
Yep, did the whole wipe when I flashed the ROM via ROM Manager. I'm not sure how to fix permissions in Recovery, and I'm wondering what clearing the cache in Recovery will do. Will I have to reinstall everything again?
Hey Vintoas. Permissions and Cashe are both options in Recovery and you will not have to re-install anything. Go into the red recovery and select Wipe Cashe Partitions. If you didn't do it the first time, go into Advanced and also Wipe Dalvik Cashe. Go Back and hit Fix Permissions then Reboot. That often clears out a weird hiccup like that.

As far as Swype, go here to register for Beta and get the Swype Installer: http://beta.swype.com/android/create/

In the second post of this Zen thread you will find the Stock TW Camera. Download that to your SD card and flash it just like the ROM. You can also go to the market and get something like CameraZoom FX.

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks mdtolic, I was trying to remember back to Froyo what all needed to be done, gues all this ICS gave me brain freeze!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Vintoas. Permissions and Cashe are both options in Recovery and you will not have to re-install anything. Go into the red recovery and select Wipe Cashe Partitions. If you didn't do it the first time, go into Advanced and also Wipe Dalvik Cashe. Go Back and hit Fix Permissions then Reboot. That often clears out a weird hiccup like that.

As far as Swype, go here to register for Beta and get the Swype Installer: http://beta.swype.com/android/create/

In the second post of this Zen thread you will find the Stock TW Camera. Download that to your SD card and flash it just like the ROM. You can also go to the market and get something like CameraZoom FX.
OK I went into Recovery, wiped Cache Partition and wiped Dalvik again, also fixed Permissions, then rebooted. Then went into Settings, pushed Display and it FC'd again.

As for the camera, no problem, I found that, and I'll take a look at the Swype link in a minute.

Aside from that the ROM seems pretty lean and fast, I was getting tired of Bionix NGV2. Now if only I can get this working fully I'll be thrilled.

Thanks all for your assistance!

·
1,139 Posts
If worse comes to worse, go fully to stock with the JK2 odin file I have linked in the ICZen thread, 2nd post, and then flash back to ZD from there. Thats definitely not an issue I ever had with ZD. You may have some ghosts of roms past hanging on, and that might be the cause.

Did you verify the MD5 of the rom you downloaded? Could be a bad download too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
At the risk of sounding even more noobish, what's the MD5? I've only flashed once before (and not using Odin but from the phone itself), from stock to Bionix Next Gen V2. Then after about 6 months I decided I wanted to try something new and found Zen Droid so flashed that this morning.

·
1,139 Posts
The MD5 is a hash that allows you to check your copy against what I've uploaded, there are quite a few free utilities out there to verify the MD5. Its more of a Linux thing, but applies to these zips.

Here is a quick one to use for windows, you will have to unzip the folder, then just double click the app, drag the zip to the popup it opens, and it will present another popup with the MD5 of the zip you have. Then check that against what I have up in the OP.

You may want to consider going down the Odin road though, don't rule it out, I am a firm believer that a clean fresh slate is always a good place to start with. The JK2 package thats in the ICZen thread, is prerooted and has modded recovery, so it saves a few steps from using the standard JFD Odin package.

EDIT - for a better definition of what an MD5 is, go here

Attachments

·
Android Beginner
21 Posts
Don't worry about the "noob" stuff dude. This is the place to ask questions; so ask away and don't worry about it.
It soundless like you know what you are doing anyhow.

Go to YouTube and look up Odin for Vibrant. It's pretty intimidating the first time, but once you do it it makes a lot more sense. I'm saying that because I think you need to go back to stock and then re-flash ZenDroid to get what you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After lots of trouble with my Vibrant Tmobile software, I finally decided there must be something better out there. This is still a daily driver device and I need something that is very stable (including 911 and GPS.) Everyone seems to recommend ZenDroid 2.1.2 - the only problem is I cant find a working download link. Can anyone out there assist with a new link for ZenDroid 2.1.2?
Thank you!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.