Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Dev and Samsung Leaker
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bring to you, The Official GB Leak for the Galaxy S 4G. I took this from the Samsung Servers, and had Chainfire decrypt it.
I say this is official due to the fact that there are a few users who started to receive it over Kies Mini, but then it was taken down, just as fast as it went up.

So here it is.
This is not a deodex'd or rooted version.
Whitehawkx is currently deodexing it, and drhonk is working the kernel for root/cwm flavoring.

Enjoy!

You will need ODIN to flash.

Instuctions:
Unzip
Rename the .tar.md5 to just .tar
Boot your phone to Download Mode
Load the .tar into the PDA Slot and flash.

Galaxy S 4G Official Leak
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
110 Posts
The MAN! thanks bro
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
49 Posts
You are the man! Great find, a huge thanks to you, drhonk, and whitehawkx for all of your amazing contributions to this community ;)

Sent from the pits of hell.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
28 Posts
I wonder what this includes...i hope the animation is in there!!!...i would love to test it..how the bootloaders are okay

Sent from A cold blooded sammy s 4g
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
13 Posts
Thanks krylon. There are so many new gb leaks coming out its starting to look like a gingerbread bakery. Wonder why they took it down?? Hhmmm
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
16 Posts
You do it again for us thanks .
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
27 Posts
hi thanks alot krylon am a bit confused still tho we dont have to click the set partition button or anything else do we since you dont state that in the instructions??
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
35 Posts
andrewddo said:
hi thanks alot krylon am a bit confused still tho we dont have to click the set partition button or anything else do we since you dont state that in the instructions??
Don't click anything:

Instuctions:
Unzip
Rename the .tar.md5 to just .tar
Boot your phone to Download Mode
*Run Odin and don't click anything:)
Load the .tar into the PDA Slot and flash.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
15 Posts
TunedFish said:
Don't click anything:

Instuctions:
Unzip
Rename the .tar.md5 to just .tar
Boot your phone to Download Mode
*Run Odin and don't click anything:)
Load the .tar into the PDA Slot and flash.
No need to rename it. Flashes fine the way it is.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
9 Posts
When you say "This is not a deodex'd or rooted version." what do you mean by rooted? Does it mean that if I flash this ROM that I will no longer have root access? I just don't really understand. Thanks.
 

·
Dev and Samsung Leaker
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
smije said:
When you say "This is not a deodex'd or rooted version." what do you mean by rooted? Does it mean that if I flash this ROM that I will no longer have root access? I just don't really understand. Thanks.
This is a ROM straight from Samsung. It doesnt include root access. If you want root and CWM, you will need to ODIN the Modded KG4 kernel by drhonk after flashing this.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
2 Posts
Is this flash stable? I've read in a few other places that the Bluetooth wouldn't work and that some received better WIFI signal while others would keep getting random disconnects.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
28 Posts
Seems very stable from what I've read...and I've read it all...some small bug issues but other than that...fast and longer battery life..what else ya wasn't right????

Sent from A cold blooded sammy s 4g
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
13 Posts
Yeah I can confirm it's working too, with kg4 kernel from drhonk you get root and lagfix. It's been over 8 hours and still 50% of battery left with moderate use. I'll say that's big improvement over kf2! Thanks!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top