Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Dev and Samsung Leaker
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bring to you, The Official GB Leak for the Galaxy S 4G. I took this from the Samsung Servers, and had Chainfire decrypt it.
I say this is official due to the fact that there are a few users who started to receive it over Kies Mini, but then it was taken down, just as fast as it went up.

So here it is.
This is not a deodex'd or rooted version.
Whitehawkx is currently deodexing it, and drhonk is working the kernel for root/cwm flavoring.

Enjoy!

You will need ODIN to flash.

Instuctions:
Unzip
Rename the .tar.md5 to just .tar
Boot your phone to Download Mode
Load the .tar into the PDA Slot and flash.

Galaxy S 4G Official Leak

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
The MAN! thanks bro

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
You are the man! Great find, a huge thanks to you, drhonk, and whitehawkx for all of your amazing contributions to this community ;)

Sent from the pits of hell.

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
I wonder what this includes...i hope the animation is in there!!!...i would love to test it..how the bootloaders are okay

Sent from A cold blooded sammy s 4g

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Thanks krylon. There are so many new gb leaks coming out its starting to look like a gingerbread bakery. Wonder why they took it down?? Hhmmm

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
You do it again for us thanks .

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
hi thanks alot krylon am a bit confused still tho we dont have to click the set partition button or anything else do we since you dont state that in the instructions??

·
Android Beginner
35 Posts
andrewddo said:
hi thanks alot krylon am a bit confused still tho we dont have to click the set partition button or anything else do we since you dont state that in the instructions??
Don't click anything:

Instuctions:
Unzip
*Run Odin and don't click anything:)

·
Android Beginner
15 Posts
TunedFish said:
Don't click anything:

Instuctions:
Unzip
*Run Odin and don't click anything:)
No need to rename it. Flashes fine the way it is.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
When you say "This is not a deodex'd or rooted version." what do you mean by rooted? Does it mean that if I flash this ROM that I will no longer have root access? I just don't really understand. Thanks.

·
Dev and Samsung Leaker
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
smije said:
When you say "This is not a deodex'd or rooted version." what do you mean by rooted? Does it mean that if I flash this ROM that I will no longer have root access? I just don't really understand. Thanks.
This is a ROM straight from Samsung. It doesnt include root access. If you want root and CWM, you will need to ODIN the Modded KG4 kernel by drhonk after flashing this.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Is this flash stable? I've read in a few other places that the Bluetooth wouldn't work and that some received better WIFI signal while others would keep getting random disconnects.

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
Seems very stable from what I've read...and I've read it all...some small bug issues but other than that...fast and longer battery life..what else ya wasn't right????

Sent from A cold blooded sammy s 4g

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Yeah I can confirm it's working too, with kg4 kernel from drhonk you get root and lagfix. It's been over 8 hours and still 50% of battery left with moderate use. I'll say that's big improvement over kf2! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts