Android OS Forum banner

[ROM] LEAK-Official GB - T959VUVKG6 - GalaxyS 4G

9K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  ThatGeekGuy 
#1 ·
I bring to you, The Official GB Leak for the Galaxy S 4G. I took this from the Samsung Servers, and had Chainfire decrypt it.
I say this is official due to the fact that there are a few users who started to receive it over Kies Mini, but then it was taken down, just as fast as it went up.

So here it is.
This is not a deodex'd or rooted version.
Whitehawkx is currently deodexing it, and drhonk is working the kernel for root/cwm flavoring.

Enjoy!

You will need ODIN to flash.

Instuctions:
Unzip
Rename the .tar.md5 to just .tar
Boot your phone to Download Mode
Load the .tar into the PDA Slot and flash.

Galaxy S 4G Official Leak

See less See more
#3 ·
You are the man! Great find, a huge thanks to you, drhonk, and whitehawkx for all of your amazing contributions to this community ;)

Sent from the pits of hell.

#15 ·
When you say "This is not a deodex'd or rooted version." what do you mean by rooted? Does it mean that if I flash this ROM that I will no longer have root access? I just don't really understand. Thanks.

#16 ·
smije said:
When you say "This is not a deodex'd or rooted version." what do you mean by rooted? Does it mean that if I flash this ROM that I will no longer have root access? I just don't really understand. Thanks.
This is a ROM straight from Samsung. It doesnt include root access. If you want root and CWM, you will need to ODIN the Modded KG4 kernel by drhonk after flashing this.

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
I can't get it to flash with Odin, it gets all the way to the end after modem.bin and then fails with 'Complete(Write) operation failed'. The Galaxy just hangs at the Downloading screen, with the progress bar not quite completed. I have to pull the battery to turn it off, and then it won't power back on.

I see there is also a KB5 tar.md5 in the zip file, so I tried going down to that. Closed and restarted Odin, pulled the battery, pressed vol up&down and replaced the battery. Phone still shows a black screen, but connects to Odin. Load up the KB5.tar.md5 and let it do it's thing. Progress bar shows on phone, Odin completes successfully.

Phone reboots into Samsung 3e Recovery screen. Goes through movi checking, then displays the following:

update media. please wait
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
(no such file or directory)
E:copy_dbdata_media: Can't mount SDCARD:

your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions.
E:copy_dbdata_media: format SDCARD:
Formatting SDCARD:...
E:copy_dbdata_media: Can't mount SDCARD:

your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions.
copy default media content failed

I then reboot the phone, it shows the Vibrant/Samsung screen, the tmob screen and jingle, and then the pulsating Galaxy S screen. It then goes black with nothing else happening. WTF?

If I pull the battery and go back into download mode connected to Odin, it displays the new 'Warning' screen. Trying to reflash KG6 or KB5 just repeats what I detailed above.

I'm new to this forum, but not to rooting and flashing. Even with the much more difficult processes used when I had my G1 and Nexus One, I never had any problems. Now, with much easier tools, this stuff happens. Any ideas as to what happened and what to do? Now I've got to put my SIM in a crappy candy bar slider just to have a working phone. I'm seriously bummed....

UPDATE: I found the leaked KG4 files in another post here, and was able to flash them without any issues. So now I've got a functional phone again with a little tasty Gingerbread. So my question would be, what might I gain by trying to flash KB5 or KG6 again? It may be that I needed to flash KG4 to get the phone sorted out again, and perhaps KB5 and KG6 will now flash fine. Just wondering if anyone knows the differences between the three.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.