Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Dev and Samsung Leaker
332 Posts
This is a new leak for the Galaxy S 4G. Bootloaders have been removed for safety.
Use ODIN or Heimdal to flash

Thanks Chainfire for decrypting for me.

ro.build.version.release=2.3.3
ro.build.date=Thu Jun 9 21:48:25 KST 2011
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/SGH-T959V/SGH-T959V:2.3.3/GINGERBREAD/VUVKF2:user/release-keys
# Samsung Specific Properties
ro.build.PDA=T959VUVKF2

Download

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Downloaded and will load it up. Will report with any issues.

side note, reposting this on XDA credited the king (Krylon)!

Update: Flashed rom via ODIN, right after splash screen the phone is sitting at a fuzzy screen. Kind of like an old CRT tv not having any reception. Going to reboot and see what happens.

2nd Update: Tried multiple reboots, with my limited knowledge, it "looks" like a video driver issue. After fuzzy screen t-mo jingle starts but freezes then the phone shuts down.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
fknfocused said:
Downloaded and will load it up. Will report with any issues.

side note, reposting this on XDA credited the king (Krylon)!

Update: Flashed rom via ODIN, right after splash screen the phone is sitting at a fuzzy screen. Kind of like an old CRT tv not having any reception. Going to reboot and see what happens.

2nd Update: Tried multiple reboots, with my limited knowledge, it "looks" like a video driver issue. After fuzzy screen t-mo jingle starts but freezes then the phone shuts down.
so is this build even working at the moment?

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
dsexton702 said:
so is this build even working at the moment?
doesnt appear to be, I just reflashed with the same issue. Tried to get to recovery but i think Odin is in order.

Update: I was just informed by Krylon the issue is due to Voodoo. Before you flash disable Voodoo in CWM.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
fknfocused said:
doesnt appear to be, I just reflashed with the same issue. Tried to get to recovery but i think Odin is in order.
did you disable voodoo before you flashed? unless you didnt even have voodoo

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
im going back through it now. Had to Odin then get CWM back. Have you tried this yet? Im bored at work today and I have a new daily phone so Im just flashing to test, report bugs, and give feedback. :)

·
Dev and Samsung Leaker
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are running Bali 3.x or Black Ice Stable.2, you have voodoo. I'll grab the bootloaders from Chainfire and I'll do a Hex Diff on them to see if there is any difference.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
krylon360 said:
No, I pulled this one off of Samsungs Servers. Same way I used to get the Vibrant Leaks
oh nice so then this should actually be stable! in a way lol

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
rooted the kf2 the same way i rooted the kf1, also whitehawkx is done with the deodexed version

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
I jumped this one without any pre-cautions. haha Im not able to get this going, gonna restore to black ice and will check out the deodexed version. Any issues from KF1 lingering around?

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
i had to go back to kc1 then i flashed the GB rom and it worked

and what were the problems i didnt test the old version enough to know

one thing is for sure this thing flys with now mods!! pretty crazy

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
fknfocused said:
I jumped this one without any pre-cautions. haha Im not able to get this going, gonna restore to black ice and will check out the deodexed version. Any issues from KF1 lingering around?
"voodoo will not convert /data back to rfs when you try to disable lagfix. /data will stay as ext4, you need to ODIN back to rfs or use rfs_format.zip ... until we have that fixed." -Dr. Honk

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
tibbbbor said:
"voodoo will not convert /data back to rfs when you try to disable lagfix. /data will stay as ext4, you need to ODIN back to rfs or use rfs_format.zip ... until we have that fixed." -Dr. Honk
thanks for the info Dr. whats weird is I Odin'd KC1, then immediately Odin'd this leak with the same result. So i tried a few other things and no dice. hehe im not to worried about it though...

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
yea you have to let kc1 boot up and run its software then go back into download mode, dont do kc1 then straight to GB

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
dsexton702 said:
yea you have to let kc1 boot up and run its software then go back into download mode, dont do kc1 then straight to GB
ok, ill try it again later today. any differences between kf1 and kf2?

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
fknfocused said:
ok, ill try it again later today. any differences between kf1 and kf2?
so far, the wi-fi seems stronger and the call log fix(already mentioned). I've also noticed an improvement in overall responsiveness. might be psychosomatic, idk.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts