Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Perverted Android
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I flashed the latest recovery and my phone keeps getting stuck in the red M logo. Only way to get the phone to boot up is to do a battery pull.

I'm running the latest version of Rom Manager (v4.4.0.5) and flashed the latest CWM 5.0.1.0 and no luck. I checked Koush's Twitter account and noticed other have had this problem but usually solved it after reflashing twice. I've reflashed numerous times, even gone as far as uninstalling Rom Manager and re-installing it.

One thing I noticed though is that even when I uninstalled Rom Manager, anytime I power my phone off and turn it back on it's getting stuck at the M logo (never did that before). So I have to pull the battery every time now regardles of whether or not Rom Manager is installed. I also tried flashing an older recovery (2.5.1.4) from Rom Manager and I'm getting a "An error ocurred while downloading your recovery".

Has anyone else ran into this problem?

By the way, I'm running .602 rooted.

·
Android Enthusiast
244 Posts
I haven't seen this myself. When I updated to the latest version, it went smoothly for me. My suggestion would be to SBF back to 340 and go back up to 602, then install RM and see what happens. Before you do any of that, flash the previous recovery from within RM and do a nandroid backup of your current 602 config.

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
Same issues here hacku. Can't get into recovery. Hangs on M. I cannot flash an older recovery - same error. Anyone having this issue or found resolution?

·
Android Lover
462 Posts
"hmedme said:
Same issues here hacku. Can't get into recovery. Hangs on M. I cannot flash an older recovery - same error. Anyone having this issue or found resolution?
I just went through this problem myself. I did a sbf back to 340 and then I installed cm 4 dx froyo. Then I didn't advance restore of data only from my cm 4 dx gingerbread backup. When was on Froyo I got my recovery updated and working. Then I followed these instructions to get back to cm4dx gingerbread.
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3980-Guide-For-switching-from-CM4DX-to-CM4DX-GB
Now my recovery works wonderful.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
Thanks Shane. I think i saw a twitter post from you too. I was hoping to not have to sbf to get recovery back. Good to know it works. Thanks for the post and info. BTW, i too used the TBH AIO 602.

·
Android Lover
462 Posts
"hawkeye12 said:
I have the same problem as well. I have been able to get in through dx2 bootstrap.
Everytime I used D2 bootstrap I softbricked my phone and had to sbf.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
I can get into recovery 2.5.0.6 from DX bootstrap (not D2 bootstrap).
I have 5.0.1.0 flashed in RM. At lease i have a recovery...

·
Android Apprentice
104 Posts
I am probably wrong in this statement, but isnt CWR 5 only for 2nd Init roms? I thought CWR 4 was...

·
most interesting mutha$@&*# in android
122 Posts
Since flashing the new recovery my phone automatically reboots into recovery when turned off then on again. Then I reboot the phone from recovery and it boots fine. The whole thing is wacky. .602 rooted

·
Android Lover
129 Posts
hawkeye12 said:
Some have said flashing CWR as DroidX 2nd-init works....didn't for me.
Are you using it for a 2nd-init rom? Otherwise don't flash that. If you need to, use rom manager to flash an older recovery that you know works. The only major loss, I think, is slower nandroid backups.

-m

{ droidX «» cm4dx-gb «» tapatalk }

·
Android Beginner
56 Posts
"modisch said:
Are you using it for a 2nd-init rom? Otherwise don't flash that. If you need to, use rom manager to flash an older recovery that you know works. The only major loss, I think, is slower nandroid backups.

-m

{ droidX «» cm4dx-gb «» tapatalk }
No I am not, but it has worked for other people. Flashing back to an older version doesn't work.....just get an error message.

·
Google-Fu Master
69 Posts
Keep in mind, the linked post above is for .602 based ROMs. People on 2nd-init having problems are still currently without a workaround.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts